+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

aerospace1365

Star Member
Jan 29, 2022
Hello,
I have a question. My brother is going to apply for PR. he received the results of curt last week.
my question is can he apply PR for my mom, in addition to his family. my brother has wife and children, but since my father past away, she is living with his family.
Thank you for your response.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,
I have a question. My brother is going to apply for PR. he received the results of curt last week.
my question is can he apply PR for my mom, in addition to his family. my brother has wife and children, but since my father past away, she is living with his family.
No, he can not include his mom as dependent

Reactions: aerospace1365

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Your mother may have difficulty even visiting given your asylum claim so you need to be prepared for an extended separation. You can try to have her visit through the supervisa program when you are a PR and meet the income requirement but approval is far from guaranteed given there will be concern she will not return home and try to claim asylum.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello,
No he cannot. Your brother’s dependents are his wife and children. Therefore, he cannot include your mom in his PR application.

Reggieking

Mar 29, 2024
Even if he included us in his PR application? Aren’t we supposed to obtain PR together?
Even if he included you in his PR application,Your father will have to get his PR in his hands first before your own processing can start because he will need a photocopy of his PR to add to the documents to the visa office.