+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
You are putting some wrong information that’s why it’s giving you this msg check last name or uci number or country of birth.
I don't think so as I am taking the details from the biometrics letter (copy paste) even I am trying to type the details but same outcome :(

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello everyone, my dependents received this email

They asked for biometrics fees, and I’ve paid for them and submitted all the documents they asked for, please does anyone know what afterwards
You have to wait for further instructions from IRCC. The next most likely step is to transfer your dependent’s file to a visa office outside Canada where their processing will continue. The visa office should normally be the one covering the country where your dependents reside.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello everyone,
My spouse overseas received a biometrics letter 3 weeks back and she provided her biometrics. But whenever I tried to check her application status on ECAS it gave me a message like "we can not identify you using the information provided".

Can anyone guide me of how I can track the dependents PR applications?
This is because there’s a mistake in the information you’re feeding the system. Cross check these details and try again; UCI number, Family (Surname) name, Date of birth and Country of birth (not country of citizenship).

Last edited:

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
A
I also putting my information but massage showing "we can not identify you using the information provided".
I don't think so as I am taking the details from the biometrics letter (copy paste) even I am trying to type the details but same outcome :(
A mismatch of information is the only possible reason you can’t access eCAS. Nothing else. You can cross check the information in your application against what you’re filling now.

Ermias Wako

Mar 20, 2024
May not be possible to link depending o.

You still have a long way to go. Once you receive PR then your family will start their PR processing.
Does that mean the processing time begun for my family overseas once I got my pr?(I got picked for some March 2022 pilot program too)

Ermias Wako

Mar 20, 2024
Only if you’re in what is called Pilot Program. Otherwise, he will get PR first while your application will be handled by your visa office which is outside Canada. The visa office depends on where (country) you’re from.
Hello member, my family was selected for the pilot program so that means when I got my PR they also got theirs?? I didn’t hear anything at all from ircc…

Ben11

Mar 16, 2024
HI I applied for PR July 2023 as a protected person including my applications my wife and two kids overseas.

In my timeliness shows that biometric and medical exam has been received.
Still eligibility it's reviewing
Background in progress
Final Decision in progress.

But I'm wondering there is no informations about my dependents IRCC they don't contact or ask for anything.

Only I have online account my applications it has been linked and I can see updets about me main applicant.

Please I need help when my dependents will be connected and also from your perspective how will be their processes steps.

Thanks and I appreciate your help.

Reactions: Freivy

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hello member, my family was selected for the pilot program so that means when I got my PR they also got theirs?? I didn’t hear anything at all from ircc…
My understanding of the Pilot Program is that the principal applicant and the dependents abroad are processed together and PR issued at the same time.

Ben11

Mar 16, 2024
My understanding of the Pilot Program is that the principal applicant and the dependents abroad are processed together and PR issued at the same time.
Hi Member that's great good to be true I don't know about this Pilot Program.

Can you please give me more details how I can started and eligibility for this program.

And I appreciate all of you we help each other by advice and tips cheers.

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
A

A mismatch of information is the only possible reason you can’t access eCAS. Nothing else. You can cross check the information in your application against what you’re filling now.
Thanks for your reply.
I called IRCC they told me I should put in the place of birth the city name as I put it in the PR application. And in the ecas only countries are listed in the place of birth not the cities. This is why ecas doesn't show my dependent files.

Any one face the same issue which can share his experience would be appreciated.

Cilacanada

Star Member
Jan 7, 2022
Can i ask how long spend from
Security check
to medical request iam waiting the midical request
I received csq since 10days