+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Overseas spouse and dependents of protected person and convention refugee timeline - Share here

ShayanG

Dec 18, 2023
Toronto
Hi, does anyone know if the main PR applicant (protected person) in Canada need medical or biometric? I have recieved Invitation to Pre-arrival services on December 8, 2023 and PP Eligibility approval letter. (It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members) The PP Eligibility approval letter is sent to me two times on december 2023 and march 2024. Both PP Eligibility approval letter are the same. On the other hand my GCKey account is as follow and as could be seen, the Review of medical results is blank. I have never been asked for Biometrics and Medical. PR application submitted on September 2022.

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
Review of additional documents
  • We have received the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi, does anyone know if the main PR applicant (protected person) in Canada need medical or biometric? I have recieved Invitation to Pre-arrival services on December 8, 2023 and PP Eligibility approval letter. (It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members) The PP Eligibility approval letter is sent to me two times on december 2023 and march 2024. Both PP Eligibility approval letter are the same. On the other hand my GCKey account is as follow and as could be seen, the Review of medical results is blank. I have never asked for Biometrics and Medical. PR application submitted on September 2022.

When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
If they need medical and/or Biometrics, they will send you a request through email.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Congratulations to your wife however I feel the family sponsor is faster than applying for PR for all of you at once. What that means is that if she applies for everyone, you will have to wait for another 48months. So I suggest she does the family sponsor own.
Secondly the TRV widow does not cover dependent of a protected person. I applied when the law came out and I was refused will others with sponsor were approved. So it doesn't cover.
(My opinion)
It’s unfortunate you were refused. I know someone in your situation whose own was approved. There’s no one-cap-fits-all in these things. It may just depend on the officer that assessed your case or on your submission. You just need to convince the officer. All the best.

Freivy

Sep 19, 2023
Hi, does anyone know if the main PR applicant (protected person) in Canada need medical or biometric? I have recieved Invitation to Pre-arrival services on December 8, 2023 and PP Eligibility approval letter. (It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent residence as a Protected Person. Please note that a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks for you and, if applicable, your family members) The PP Eligibility approval letter is sent to me two times on december 2023 and march 2024. Both PP Eligibility approval letter are the same. On the other hand my GCKey account is as follow and as could be seen, the Review of medical results is blank. I have never been asked for Biometrics and Medical. PR application submitted on September 2022.

Review of eligibility
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision
My dad also applied for our application in September 2022, he was asked to do his biometrics two weeks ago, and he has also done medicals in the past, just hoping he gets his pr soon.

Freivy

Sep 19, 2023
My dad also applied for our application in September 2022, he was asked to do his biometrics two weeks ago, and he has also done medicals in the past, just hoping he gets his pr soon.

ShayanG

Dec 18, 2023
Toronto
Thanks for the reply. You mean they have accepted medical from his refugee claim process?

ShayanG

Dec 18, 2023
Toronto
1: Who is main applicant you or your father?
2: dependent inside Canada or outside?
Hi
I am the father and main applicant inside Canada. I have three dependant (wife and two kids) inside Canada and one dependant outside Canada, who has been asked on December 2023 for Medical, Police certificate and renew the applications but not Biometrics (He has biometrics through rejected TRV if applicable).

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Which is the visa office of you and your dependent?
Secondly
How long after PR application is your dependent's medical request requested?

ShayanG

Dec 18, 2023
Toronto
Which is the visa office of you and your dependent?
Secondly
How long after PR application is your dependent's medical request requested?
Which is the visa office of you and your dependent? Ankara
How long after PR application is your dependent's medical request requested? 14 month (December 2023)

razrazanan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2023
Hello, a friend of mine applied for CSQ for his family abroad. They are three members. Yesterday the documents arrived by mail but only two are correct. The third one has someone else’s name. What should he do in this case? Will he have to wait another 3 months for a correct csq?

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Hello, a friend of mine applied for CSQ for his family abroad. They are three members. Yesterday the documents arrived by mail but only two are correct. The third one has someone else’s name. What should he do in this case? Will he have to wait another 3 months for a correct csq?
CSQ means?