+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

over a month after test

csang

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
just curious, is there anything i can do?

i passed the test on feb 20th. and nothing since. still in IP.

timeline as follows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 30, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 25, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 11, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 20, 2018 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

thank you!!

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012

timeline as follows:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 30, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 11, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 20, 2018 at 10:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

thank you!!
Nothing for you to do but wait, unfortunately. They are probably just waiting on completion of the background checks. It's not unusual.

Rooben

Mar 13, 2018
I am in a similar situation. Passed the test on Mar 7th, but no DM yet.

You can’t do anything but waiting.

Reactions: csang

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017

timeline as follows:

thank you!!
Did the officer tell you after the interview about any pernding checks?

Or they said that your file is complete and you will get oath invite with-in 3 months?

Last edited:

Rumi64

Mar 21, 2018
I completed my test and passed it on 31st January 2018. After nearly two months yesterday I saw that Decision Made. I am still waiting to get letter. My minor son also applied with me, for him the status is In Process. any explanation? The Officer said to wait for two to four months, its already 2 months.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I had to wait for around 50 days before I saw a DM on my eCas. So waiting is the key. Also no point in calling CIC either because you'll end up hearing that "You're still within 1 year" of processing time.

sylviabenita

Nov 13, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-10-2017
AOR Received.
16-11-2017
Minors won’t get “decision made” status until one of the parents become a Canadian citizen. Technically not until parents oath.
I completed my test and passed it on 31st January 2018. After nearly two months yesterday I saw that Decision Made. I am still waiting to get letter. My minor son also applied with me, for him the status is In Process. any explanation? The Officer said to wait for two to four months, its already 2 months.

Last edited:

paritosh

Jan 12, 2010
Mine is same case too. I have DM and my minir son has IP so wait it is okay they are good at their work but just crazy volume

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
mine in processing since dec 8 2017.

some in gta who applied in oct still waiting for AOR

Calgary people are very lucky

Rumi64

Mar 21, 2018
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 18, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 24, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on September 5, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 8, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 31, 2018 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
My son applied two weeks ago, and they are already processing his application, and they even sent it back home yesterday for correction which had an error. If my husband send his application for citizenship today, I believe he will be called for Oath in two weeks. Who is he for Canada? and who am I not to get same treatment? Did I come in this country just to cook food and get illtreated by everyone?