+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal Sponsorship - BRAZIL (2017-2018) - SP Visa Office

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Hello,
I am Canadian Citizen and am currently in the process of preparing the Sponsor Visa outland application for my husband. We both currently live in Brazil and so we are doing the outland process. I have tried to get in touch with the São Paulo VO and have yet to receive helpful information. I am currently looking for answers on how to legalize documents here in Brazil for Canada, since Canada is not a part of the Apostille Convention of Hague. How have people legalized documents here in Brazil for Canada? Did you just do a certified copy at a Notary Public (copia autenticada no cartório) along with the certified translation? Has anyone sent an apostille document with their visa application? Thank you in advance for your help!
The Hague Convention hás nothing to do with it. Be sure to have the documents notarized at a Cartório and use a translator
Hello,
I am Canadian Citizen and am currently in the process of preparing the Sponsor Visa outland application for my husband. We both currently live in Brazil and so we are doing the outland process. I have tried to get in touch with the São Paulo VO and have yet to receive helpful information. I am currently looking for answers on how to legalize documents here in Brazil for Canada, since Canada is not a part of the Apostille Convention of Hague. How have people legalized documents here in Brazil for Canada? Did you just do a certified copy at a Notary Public (copia autenticada no cartório) along with the certified translation? Has anyone sent an apostille document with their visa application? Thank you in advance for your help!
The apostille is not relevant. I went through that in Brasilia. The documents were notarized at a Cartorio and then translated . It has to be a TRADUCAO JURAMENTADA.

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
Here's my timeline. Outland to Sydney. I'm in Canada and she's in Brazil.
Aug.3 2018 - Application received
Dec.19 2018 - AOR ( Ridiculous. Over 4 months. They told me that the Sydney office is overwhelmed)
Dec. 31 2018 - SA ( Moving faster now )
Jan.3 2018 - Medical Exam Request

Does this mean that the file has been sent to the VO in Sao Paulo?