+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Spousal Sponsorship - BRAZIL (2017-2018) - SP Visa Office

Jasrique

Jun 29, 2018
Hello Everyone!

After scouring the internet in both English and Portuguese, I found that information about timelines specifically for Outland Spousal Sponsorship from Brazil, as well as ones for the São Paulo Visa Office, were scarce. Therefore, I decided to make this thread so that perhaps we can help each other feel a little less anxious and stressed (though I know that's hard)!

Here is a Google Sheet for Outland Sponsorship 2017 (someone feel free to add 2018): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=515762555
Here is a Google Sheet specifically for the SP Visa Office: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oxtxHTuTsPO6yPZUQDZ-f5R-JXSmxKPFaWTVHrU5HXM/edit#gid=0
Here is a WhatsApp Group Invitation to December 2017 Outland Spousal Applicants: https://chat.whatsapp.com/45q6038ZLMqA0wYCliVLGJ

Here's our story: I am Canadian, my husband is Brazilian. We married in Canada and then moved to Brazil.

We applied for Outland Spousal Sponsorship, using the help of an Immigration Firm, and here is our general timeline:

- Application received December 12, 2017
- Medical Exam and Background Checks requested February 20, 2018
- Medical Exam completed March 6, 2018
- Decision Made for Sponsor and application sent to São Paulo Visa Office March 22, 2018
- Notified that Medical results were received and application is in progress March 26, 2018

Since then, we haven't received any news.

Let's keep each other informed, and not forget to let our fellow sponsors/applicants know when we have finished our immigration journey too :) It helps everyone!

Reactions: ARKRRR and Ciciab74

Jasrique

Jun 29, 2018
@Ciciab74 I noticed one of your posts in an old thread. When did you and you spouse start the process, and where about are you at now?

@Lion vic Since November, what's happened? Is your application at the SP VO too? Have they started processing it yet?

Reactions: Ciciab74

Lion vic

Jan 28, 2018
Toronto
@Ciciab74 I noticed one of your posts in an old thread. When did you and you spouse start the process, and where about are you at now?

@Lion vic Since November, what's happened? Is your application at the SP VO too? Have they started processing it yet?
2017-Nov-28: Application received
2018-Jan-23: AOR1
2018-Jan-24: Request Schedule A (submitted them online on the same day)
2018-Feb-07: Sponsorship approval
2018-Feb-13: Application sent to visa office in São Paulo
2018-Feb-13: Ecas changed to "In Process"
2018-Mar-05: Started to process PA application (updated through Ecas)

Jasrique

Jun 29, 2018
2017-Nov-28: Application received
2018-Jan-23: AOR1
2018-Jan-24: Request Schedule A (submitted them online on the same day)
2018-Feb-07: Sponsorship approval
Awesome. We are limited to what we can see in the online tool because we went through an Immigration Firm and they are receiving all our information, from what I understand.

However, when I use the Canada Immigration online tool and our case number, I can see some basic information like Decision Made for the Sponsor (myself); though, I've never officially heard that I was approved... I'm assuming from the fact that my husband's PR application was the sent to the SP VO that I was.

When I check the case number and his last name, I know that his application is "In Progress" and his medical exams have been "received" (the doctor said he was perfect, but we don't officially know if he passed with immigration).

We don't have anything else, so I don't even know if they're currently working on our application or if it is just sitting in the VO at the moment. My heart is really hoping someone is looking at our file! Haha.

Lion vic

Jan 28, 2018
Toronto
Hmye
Awesome. We are limited to what we can see in the online tool because we went through an Immigration Firm and they are receiving all our information, from what I understand.

However, when I use the Canada Immigration online tool and our case number, I can see some basic information like Decision Made for the Sponsor (myself); though, I've never officially heard that I was approved... I'm assuming from the fact that my husband's PR application was the sent to the SP VO that I was.

When I check the case number and his last name, I know that his application is "In Progress" and his medical exams have been "received" (the doctor said he was perfect, but we don't officially know if he passed with immigration).

We don't have anything else, so I don't even know if they're currently working on our application or if it is just sitting in the VO at the moment. My heart is really hoping someone is looking at our file! Haha.
Yeah they are a bit slow on sp visa office. We all waiting since November or October and no news yet.

Jasrique

Jun 29, 2018
That's so disappointing to hear, for all of us. I understand that waiting is part of the process, but it is so hard when you just want to start your lives in your "home", right! We feel as if we are always living in limbo.

Ciciab74

Feb 7, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Hello @Jasrique

Our process started on the October 23 2017.
Last month (June 14 to be exact) I received an email from São Paulo VO asking for additional proof of relationship. I've submitted the additional proof last week and now we're waiting :)

Jasrique

Jun 29, 2018
Hello @Jasrique

Our process started on the October 23 2017.
Last month (June 14 to be exact) I received an email from São Paulo VO asking for additional proof of relationship. I've submitted the additional proof last week and now we're waiting :)
Thanks, @Ciciab74! That's wonderful for you guys, and also gives lots of hope for Henrique and I! We submitted our application about 7 weeks after you, so hopefully we will hear a little more about our own application moving forward 7 weeks from now haha!

You're sponsoring your spouse outland as well, but from being in Brasil? Or are you in Canada waiting?

Ciciab74

Feb 7, 2018
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thanks, @Ciciab74! That's wonderful for you guys, and also gives lots of hope for Henrique and I! We submitted our application about 7 weeks after you, so hopefully we will hear a little more about our own application moving forward 7 weeks from now haha!

You're sponsoring your spouse outland as well, but from being in Brasil? Or are you in Canada waiting?
I'm the principal applicant, my husband is my sponsor. I'm in Brazil, he is Canada.

Jasrique

Jun 29, 2018
I'm the principal applicant, my husband is my sponsor. I'm in Brazil, he is Canada.
I'm sorry to hear you guys are apart! We did long distance for two and a half years, and I remember it was brutal! Sending good vibes!

I haven't met anyone else yet who has applied outland while actually being outland as the sponsor too.

tnn

Feb 15, 2018
Hi everyone, my husband's application is also with SP VO. Bellow is our timeline:

2017-Nov-20: Application received
2018-Jan-14: AOR1
2018-Jan-23: Request letter - Police certificate and Schedule A
2018-Feb-01: Sponsorship approval
2018-Feb-05: Medical request
2018-Feb-15: Medical done

After that nothing else....

Jasrique

Jun 29, 2018
None here either, unfortunately. Thanks for adding your timeline, @tnn ! If we can go by Ciciab's timeline, hopefully you'll be hearing from them if they need anything else sometime through this month!

Reactions: tnn and Ciciab74