+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Application updates Covid-19

Cannybabe

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Thank you!

I sent the webform to HKVO. I'll wait for a couple of days until my application hits the 6 months mark and then I'll write to IRCC.

Hope you'll receive your COPR as soon as possible!
What's the difference between sending a webform to a visa office and sending to IRCC? I'ld really like to know how to go about it.

Cannybabe

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
FSW - Outland (living in the US)
AOR: Jan 9, 2020
Everything is valid/passed according to the web form reply. CPC is Ottawa.
Is there a way to send webform to Ottawa directly? My application seems to be dormant, eligibility status is always missing and the rest has been in process since a month ago. AOR is Jan 10 and Visa office is Ottawa. I ordered gcms notes yesterday, but I understand that might take a while.

cad12345

Jun 14, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Does this mean outlanders from India basically wont get COPRs until October.
I can see this on VFS global for India -> Canada.
"Following Ministerial Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada on April 9, April 29, May 19, June 9 and July 1, 2020 applicants can no longer submit an application for temporary residence in paper at the VAC. New Ministerial Instructions issued on July 1, 2020 have extended this measure until September 30, 2020. All applications for temporary residence must continue to be submitted online via IRCC’s website: https://www.canada.ca/en/
services/immigration-citizenship.html

"

Moslaris

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
Does this mean outlanders from India basically wont get COPRs until October.
I can see this on VFS global for India -> Canada.
"Following Ministerial Instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration of Canada on April 9, April 29, May 19, June 9 and July 1, 2020 applicants can no longer submit an application for temporary residence in paper at the VAC. New Ministerial Instructions issued on July 1, 2020 have extended this measure until September 30, 2020. All applications for temporary residence must continue to be submitted online via IRCC’s website: https://www.canada.ca/en/
services/immigration-citizenship.html

"
They may find a solution just like they did for inlands to circumvent physical deliveries, but I don't it's likely. And your deduction shouldn't be limited to India, all nationalities will face the same barrier.

carriefish2

Jun 19, 2020
Thank you!

I sent the webform to HKVO. I'll wait for a couple of days until my application hits the 6 months mark and then I'll write to IRCC.

Hope you'll receive your COPR as soon as possible!
Good luck to u and hope we will all get copr soon!

camila447

Sep 20, 2018
HI all,

I received an update today requesting to pay the RPRF fee, and I had received about two weeks ago the biometrics letter (along with the medicals passed). Is this good news?

I still haven't been able to proceed with the biometrics due to the VAC being closed.

And considering the update from yesterday from Canada immigration, does it mean I wont be able to give biometrics until October?

I'm FSW Outland.

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
HI all,

I received an update today requesting to pay the RPRF fee, and I had received about two weeks ago the biometrics letter (along with the medicals passed). Is this good news?

I still haven't been able to proceed with the biometrics due to the VAC being closed.

And considering the update from yesterday from Canada immigration, does it mean I wont be able to give biometrics until October?

I'm FSW Outland.
Yes, it is good news. Any update in your application is good news. It is good news in the sense that your file is moving.

When is your AOR?

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
What's the difference between sending a webform to a visa office and sending to IRCC? I'ld really like to know how to go about it.
When you raise a webform, you're required to choose if your VO is overseas. I guess if you choose "no", then your inquiry will be sent to IRCC.

Reactions: Cannybabe

Mish.man

Jul 2, 2020
Hi guys,

FSW-O
AOR: 7th Jan
Sydney VO
webform reply says:

- background verification is valid
- security background verification is valid
- criminal is valid too

Application is currently at 97% online, any need to order gcms notes?

Reactions: guruguru1989

carriefish2

Jun 19, 2020
when you are on this page:https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp, it asked If your application is being processed by an office OUTSIDE Canada? if you choose yes, you will be able to send webform to a specified visa office.

From my perspective:
Send webform to IRCC when you need to know about the general status of your application or when there is a technical issue on system.
Send webform to your visa office when your case is located in a specified visa office for processing, especially when your question is related to their request on additional document etc.

I hope my explanation would help you understand this.

Reactions: Cannybabe

imranece59

Jun 2, 2020
Hi,

AOR: Jan 13,2020
Stream : FSW-Outland
Below is the webform reply that I received today

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
· The medical examination results on file are valid.

· Your application is currently being processed at the local immigration office in Montreal, Québec.

Lastly, we verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mish.man