+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland Application updates Covid-19

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/06/canada-resumes-visitor-visa-and-eta-processing-july-1-0614903.html#gs.93vxmt

I take this as a positive thing for us. If a student visa is getting processed, surely ours would get too.
I wouldn't be so sure, because they need to approve Students Visa so that respective candidates can travel once travel restrictions are lifted to join the universities. So they MAY focus exclusively on those visa which can sidetrack PR application.

Again these are my views and opinions. I don't intend to be negative or rain on someone hope but I believe that once all travel restrictions are lifted and atleast 50-60% of VAC are open IRCC would send out PPR to those waiting since March .

pkhare23

Sep 25, 2019
Hello, I tried to download Textnow App from my browser since I couldn't download it on Play Store. After downloading, it asked me to create an account. I tried to do that but I couldn't proceed any further.

Could you please reply with the link to the site were you successfully downloaded the TextNow app. Thank you.
Hi you can download Text Now app from the browser in your phone. If you are using Android Google Play Store has Textnow App.

I downloaded it from same and it works seamlessly.

If you have downloaded the app sign-up using your email address. You will get a confirmation.email click on it and then voila you can use the app.
Just remember don't use GPS location for virtual numbers. Input the area code for Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, or Saskatoon.

Last edited:

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hi you can download Text Now app from the browser in your phone. If you are using Android Google Play Store has Textnow App.

I downloaded it from same and it works seamlessly.

If you have downloaded the app sign-up using your email address. You will get a confirmation.email click on it and then voila you can use the app.
Just remember don't use GPS location for virtual numbers. Input the area code for Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, or Saskatoon.
Unfortunately, TextNow is not available in my country and as such, it's not downloadable on Play Store.

I think some people are able to download it from a third party on their browser. But I'm not sure how.

jagni

Jun 20, 2020
United States
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
23-11-2019
  • AOR: 23rd Nov. 2019
  • Medicals Passed: 5th Dec. 2019
Webform response on 26th Jun. 2020:
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Would this mean eligibility is valid too? I asked about eligibility in my webform query, but didn't receive a specific response for it. Do these stages/checks always go in a certain order?

Slldc

Jun 19, 2020
FSW - Outland (living in the US)
AOR: Jan 9, 2020
Everything is valid/passed according to the web form reply. CPC is Ottawa.

Reactions: Cannybabe

Slldc

Jun 19, 2020
  • AOR: 23rd Nov. 2019
  • Medicals Passed: 5th Dec. 2019
Webform response on 26th Jun. 2020:
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
Would this mean eligibility is valid too? I asked about eligibility in my webform query, but didn't receive a specific response for it. Do these stages/checks always go in a certain order?
Yes. Eligibility is before background checks.

Reactions: jagni

FamilyHilton

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Is anybody else just feeling so deflated by the situation today? I feel like I could literally just sit and cry, after 3 years of working on our visas everything is now valid and approved but we have no idea on when the visa might be issued and I have no idea if we'll even be able to make the move now. House prices in the UK are now starting to fall, so if we end up in negative equity we won't be able to sell our house. I just despair of the situation!

Last edited:

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
Hi All,

ITA: 24 July 2019
AOR: 21 Aug 2019
Medi Passed: 05 Sept 2019
Biometrics Submitted: 09 Sept 2019

2 Web forms raises since there was no update by end of 6 months. Replied back saying application is on que waiting for officer review.

GCSM notes requested on 15 March 2020. Still no response. They have informed covid is effecting to obtain notes and it could be delayed upto 90 days. hoping at least GCSM notes will come by 15 July.

Reactions: guruguru1989

LKRYA

Mar 8, 2018
This is what I received back in feb 2020:

No News since,

Dear Sir:

The contents in your following e-mail have been noted.

Please be informed that your application is in queue to be reviewed by a visa officer.

We will contact you once this stage is completed.

Reactions: guruguru1989

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Unfortunately, TextNow is not available in my country and as such, it's not downloadable on Play Store.

I think some people are able to download it from a third party on their browser. But I'm not sure how.
Android lets you download the .apk (Installation file) regardless of your country. Google their website and download it directly that way if you do not see it on the Google Play store.

To actually use it, you can use a VPN. Kaspersky (A known/trusted antivirus provider) has a VPN that's free for up to 400MB of data daily (Depends on country). You can use it to tunnel to a country where Textnow is available, then use Textnow to call. There's other VPN's both free & paid that might suit your needs, but keep in mind a VPN can monitor your network activity, so try to stick to the trusted ones.

Reactions: Mike@2019

anirudh1996

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Category........
FSW

carriefish2

Jun 19, 2020
Can you please share the content of your webform inquiry? My file is in HKVO too and I've only received very general webform replies about my application; they've never told me my eligibility, seuciry and criminal status even if I specifically asked for them.

Thank you!
Did you send the webform to IRCC or HKVO directly?
I sent the webform to IRCC not HKVO. And received reply below is the content:
Dear officer, thank you for reading this inquiry. I am writing to inquire the information on status of my application, as the processing time has reached 6 months on 25th June. May I have the status on Eligibility, Security and Criminality check? Thank you for your patience and I look forward to your reply.

tony87

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Did you send the webform to IRCC or HKVO directly?
I sent the webform to IRCC not HKVO. And received reply below is the content:
Dear officer, thank you for reading this inquiry. I am writing to inquire the information on status of my application, as the processing time has reached 6 months on 25th June. May I have the status on Eligibility, Security and Criminality check? Thank you for your patience and I look forward to your reply.
Thank you!

I sent the webform to HKVO. I'll wait for a couple of days until my application hits the 6 months mark and then I'll write to IRCC.

Hope you'll receive your COPR as soon as possible!

Reactions: Cannybabe