+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Outland applicants live within Canada with common law partner/spouse are here!

goldman_64

May 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7
Doc's Request.
Sept. 29
AOR Received.
July 27
File Transfer...
Aug. 23
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Nov. 10
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 18
LANDED..........
Nov. 23
CDNPR2014 said:
no, sending it to ottawa does not mean they think it's an inland application. the process is completely different, and you would not have received the SA letter you got. CIC sends applications to ottawa they consider straight forward to help reduce backlog at other offices. This is a good thing, and might suggest you'll see approval much sooner.
Thanks buddy! :)

mimijane

Apr 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Doc's Request.
04-05-2016
AOR Received.
Not received
File Transfer...
SA 06-04-2016
Passport Req..
VISA EXEMPT, p/port copy req 28th June 2016
VISA ISSUED...
9th September 2016
LANDED..........
18th September 2016
Anyone else feeling that it's all gone quiet in the Ottawa office recently? I had decision made over 6 week ago and sent photocopy of passport and photos as per final stage and nothing at all. Is this timeline normal for waiting for the COPR? That said, I did change martial status and advised them of this (common-law to married) and now I'm wondering if this has caused massive wave of confusion for them!

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
goldman_64 said:
Just a quick question, PLEASE answer!

I live with my wife (Sponsor) in Canada.
I received my SA email today, but it says my application is sent to CPC-OTTAWA!
I expected it goes to Ankara Visa Office! Is that normal?!
I'm so worried now, they thought it's an inland sponsorship??
(I filled all the forms of outland application, ...)
1 )What does your sponsor approval email say about your Visa Office?
2)What's the applicant nationality if you don't mind me asking ? Asking it becouse I am Turkish so not a visa excerpt country..wondering how your application ended up in ottiwa

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
cyclist said:
2)What's the applicant nationality if you don't mind me asking ? Asking it becouse I am Turkish so not a visa excerpt country..wondering how your application ended up in ottiwa
there are many offices who are passing off applications to ottawa to help with backlog at offices around the world - even those that handle non visa exempt applicants. it is not known for sure how they determine which applications are sent to ottawa except they seem to be "straightforward" cases that are assumed to not need interviews. this is not something that can be requested. it is completely in the hands of CIC and seems to be "luck of the draw".

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
Lucky...my case is very straight forward as well but sent to Ankara even though applicant and sponsor both live in canada..lucky you Goldman. I am jealous:)

goldman_64

May 3, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 7
Doc's Request.
Sept. 29
AOR Received.
July 27
File Transfer...
Aug. 23
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
Nov. 10
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 18
LANDED..........
Nov. 23
cyclist said:
@cyclist
1)The email says it is forwarded to Ottawa.
2)I'm the applicant, from Iran, but live in Canada with study permit. I think it is sent to Ottawa because I live in Canada!
However, I'm not sure if the process goes faster here in Canada or not.
I hope you get your PPR sooner than you expect! :)

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
goldman_64 said:
@cyclist
1)The email says it is forwarded to Ottawa.
2)I'm the applicant, from Iran, but live in Canada with study permit. I think it is sent to Ottawa because I live in Canada!
However, I'm not sure if the process goes faster here in Canada or not.
I hope you get your PPR sooner than you expect! :)
It's faster. And if interview requested it would be easier for you..inşallah we get our PR sooner.

Aguaymanto

Apr 18, 2016
Hi, I received a mail on Aug 15th saying I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Does that mean I've been approved?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Aguaymanto said:
Hi, I received a mail on Aug 15th saying I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Does that mean I've been approved?
yes, that is sponsor approval. it would also say which visa office the applicant's application was forwarded to and possibly provide instructions for sending medical/pcc and fee receipts. if those were included in the application, you do not need to do anything except wait. the applicant will receive all communication this point forward.

Aguaymanto

Apr 18, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
yes, that is sponsor approval. it would also say which visa office the applicant's application was forwarded to and possibly provide instructions for sending medical/pcc and fee receipts. if those were included in the application, you do not need to do anything except wait. the applicant will receive all communication this point forward.
Great! Thanks for the quick reply, we've already paid all fees and done the medical exam so like you say now is the waiting game :).

Aguaymanto

Apr 18, 2016
I had another question actually, my wife and I are currently living in Peru but we're moving to Canada in 2 weeks (she'll be on a TRV) and wait for her PR. I've read that once we're there that she should apply for an extension and be on "implied" status. If anyone in this thread has done something similar and could guide me a little bit on how that works I would be very grateful. :D

itsasyn17

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2016
AOR Received.
07-07-2016
IELTS Request
Background check started 29-08-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016 In Process 25-08-2016
Med's Done....
18-04-2016 Passed
Passport Req..
ECAS Decision Made: 15-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2016, returned to Ottawa, waiting for new COPRs
Aguaymanto said:
I had another question actually, my wife and I are currently living in Peru but we're moving to Canada in 2 weeks (she'll be on a TRV) and wait for her PR. I've read that once we're there that she should apply for an extension and be on "implied" status. If anyone in this thread has done something similar and could guide me a little bit on how that works I would be very grateful. :D
About a month before her TRV expires, apply for an extension online. This will give her implied status.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Aguaymanto said:
itsasyn17 said:
About a month before her TRV expires, apply for an extension online. This will give her implied status.
and to be clear, she would only be on implied status if her current status expires while she is waiting for her extension application to be processed. if she applies for the extension and receives an approval before her visa expires, she would not have any implied status - she would simply keep her visitor status. if she is denied the extension, she would be out of status and have to leave canada.

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
I am in canada on post graduate work visa as well as multi entry temporarily resident visa..if my visa close to expiring date and I need to apply for visitor visa will I have more chance to get that visa since my PR is in process or its an disadvantage?