+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
RCVmini said:
stevent - good to hear, we have been to Singapore and Thailand as well. We agreed that I will pick her up if it falls within the vacation time slots I can book at work otherwise she is happy to come right away and not have to wait.

I get back prety often anyways (about once every 4-6 months) so there is a chance the approvals will come within that time. I also have family back there, in fact that is how I met her. Her mom and my mom were friends back in school and I only happened to meet her because I was droping off a gift from my mom to her mom.

My wife and I were even born in the same hospital in Hanoi. Our parents didn't plan or push us to go out but my mom is sometimes a little too giddy that we happend to get along and get married.
Hi RCVmini,
Your love story is quite romantic :). I have a feeling your file will move fast and the interview will be waived. As long as you submit all the evidence to prove your relationship is genuine, you will be fine.
Best of luck and take care!

buzzsaw

Aug 26, 2011
RCVmini said:
......... I can be available on skype/talkatone/viber to guide or translate for her if needed.
get a $30-40 Fido Prepaid SiM card and FedEX it to her.
she can txt you anytime from anywhere and call you when shes landed in Canada

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga, Visa Office - Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent 03 May, RETURNED 24 May.... filed again June 03 . Accpeted 5 July 2012
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
buzzsaw said:
get a $30-40 Fido Prepaid SiM card and FedEX it to her.
she can txt you anytime from anywhere and call you when shes landed in Canada
Thanks for the suggestion and I had already considered that, I would get a $5 petro canada mobile card and load it with $5 air time if I went that route.

BUT

No need. With apps such as talkatone, texte me, she doesn't need a simcard when she lands. Vancouver airport has free wifi and she call contact me with that when she gets here as I'll be in the airport as well.

I use these apps instead of having to pay for a phone line. My wife calls me on talkatone from vietnam daily and of course we also use skype and viber.

I'll be setting up her parents/family with a free dell voice account so she can call them in vietnam on a canadian number when she is over here.

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
stevent said:
Hi RCVmini,
Your love story is quite romantic :). I have a feeling your file will move fast and the interview will be waived. As long as you submit all the evidence to prove your relationship is genuine, you will be fine.
Best of luck and take care!
stevent - thanks! Yes I think my application wil move fast now that I've just been approved as a sponsor. We have more then enough evidence of a genuine relationship AND the rest of our application is strong so now its just a waiting game.

Where is your wife from? the north or the south? I speak northern dialect and so does my wife, I think it would have been more tricky for us to communicate if she was from the south.

murrayw

May 30, 2012
Hey everyone,

I just mailed my wife's application to CPC Mississauga yesterday. :eek:

Time to play the waiting game, I guess. My wife and I met online at Vietnamecupid.com (almost 4 years ago). We do have some concerns though.

We did not have a traditional wedding party. Her loving mother passed away 9 years ago and her family treats her poorly so we opted to elope to Thailand for a civil wedding and we spent the wedding money on an extended honeymoon for ourselves. We explained all of this in our application so hopefully they don't hold it against us.

Anybody else just have a civil ceremony?

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
murrayw said:
Hey everyone,

I just mailed my wife's application to CPC Mississauga yesterday. :eek:

Time to play the waiting game, I guess. My wife and I met online at Vietnamecupid.com (almost 4 years ago). We do have some concerns though.

We did not have a traditional wedding party. Her loving mother passed away 9 years ago and her family treats her poorly so we opted to elope to Thailand for a civil wedding and we spent the wedding money on an extended honeymoon for ourselves. We explained all of this in our application so hopefully they don't hold it against us.

Sorry to hear about the way her family treated her. I had been looking at doing the wedding outside vietnam at first because of the long processing time from the VN government but on the balance found it was just as much hassle or more to do it out of VN.

As for the civil ceremony as long as its legal, documented and translated that should hold up as a valid docuement.

I do see your concern about eloping as it may affect the VO's view of how "genuine" your relationship is. I would just make sure to continue documenting your contact (chat logs, skype screen shots, facebook) to further build your case in the event they want more 'proof'.

buzzsaw

Aug 26, 2011
murrayw said:
Hey everyone,
here!
i didnt have any formal wedding ceremony or reception. just the civil cermny.
VO did ask me why i didnt have any photos of that, when it came to processing my file.
i wrote them an email with my explanation and situation.
and with all my other supporting document and proof. they approved the visa!!

murrayw

May 30, 2012
buzzsaw said:
here!
i didn't have any formal wedding ceremony or reception. just the civil ceremony.
VO did ask me why i didn't have any photos of that, when it came to processing my file.
i wrote them an email with my explanation and situation.
and with all my other supporting document and proof. they approved the visa!!
that's great news!

I explained everything pretty well in the application so hopefully the civil wedding is not an issue. The reason I became concerned is because we met a Canadian\Viet man and his Viet wife who were denied her PR. This guy said that their relationship was totally legitimate and documented but he believed they were denied due to the civil ceremony.

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
RCVmini said:
stevent - thanks! Yes I think my application wil move fast now that I've just been approved as a sponsor. We have more then enough evidence of a genuine relationship AND the rest of our application is strong so now its just a waiting game.

Where is your wife from? the north or the south? I speak northern dialect and so does my wife, I think it would have been more tricky for us to communicate if she was from the south.
Hi RCVmini,
My wife is from Saigon. I was originally from Saigon too. I can follow Northern accent without any problem. I only have trouble understanding Central accents of those who are from Phú Yên or Quảng Ngãi :)
Where in Canada do you live?
Have a great weekend!

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
murrayw said:
that's great news!

I explained everything pretty well in the application so hopefully the civil wedding is not an issue. The reason I became concerned is because we met a Canadian\Viet man and his Viet wife who were denied her PR. This guy said that their relationship was totally legitimate and documented but he believed they were denied due to the civil ceremony.
Murrayw,
I think you'll be fine because you explained the reason for not having a civil wedding in the application. Unlike the Vietnamese Canadian man and his Vietnamese wife that you met, they are from the same culture and background. In my opinion, a formal wedding is important to prove their relationship. You come from a different culture. I think Singapore VO will take that into account when they're reviewing your file.
Best of luck!

RCVmini

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Victoria BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
stevent said:
Hi RCVmini,
My wife is from Saigon. I was originally from Saigon too. I can follow Northern accent without any problem. I only have trouble understanding Central accents of those who are from Phú Yên or Quảng Ngãi :)
Where in Canada do you live?
Have a great weekend!
yeah I have a few friends who speak with a southern accent and I agree central is hard to understand.

I used to live in Toronto have been in Victoria ever since I finished university

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
My time line:

Sponsorship application approved: March 28 2011
File transfer Singapore: May 13 2011
Interview: God knows I am sure (Interview queue letter November 4 2011)

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Hi Canadianfirst,

Can you share your timeline with us? I am also going to Ho Chi Minh in this September, this is my 7 trips since we got married. You are right this Immigration process take forever.
I am going on Sept 1st and arriving the 3rd after midnight. I am only staying 10 days. Work pays for everything. U know! I'm taking my vacation at the same time so we will spend some time in Mui Ne beach for 4 days. I am also celebrating my 2nd anniversary. My situation is that we met on line. I guess that raises issues with the VO. Age difference doesn't help and my wife has a child from a previous relationship. I knew that she would go to interview from the start. I just didn't imagine what Singapore was like.

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
Hi Canadianfirst,

Only 10 days? I'm going on September 28th also celebrate my 2nd anniversary but this year is little bit different we also celebrate with our baby together.

Guess what? we also celebrated our 1st anniversary at Mui Ne...It's a great place for relaxing and good food for very good price. We joined the the 2 nights 3 days tour from (Sinh Cafe Tour) cost about $150 Cdn for two all inclusive breakfast, lunch & dinner....we both had a very good time...looking forward to go again.

Can you let me know what is your timeline?

Canadianfirst

Star Member
Oct 2, 2011
Bold9900 said:
Hi Canadianfirst,

Only 10 days? I'm going on September 28th also celebrate my 2nd anniversary but this year is little bit different we also celebrate with our baby together.

Guess what? we also celebrated our 1st anniversary at Mui Ne...It's a great place for relaxing and good food for very good price. We joined the the 2 nights 3 days tour from (Sinh Cafe Tour) cost about $150 Cdn for two all inclusive breakfast, lunch & dinner....we both had a very good time...looking forward to go again.

Can you let me know what is your timeline?
Hi Bold 9900
Only 3 more weeks until I leave for Vietnam. This waiting game for the interview is slowly making me crazy and bankrupt at the same time. If you have any suggestions of what to do in Mui Ne beach I would appreciate it. Is the fish good? You said it is not too expensive in restaurants. I am going with all the family. My wife's family is poor so I invited them to spend time with us. My mother in law is coming so is her sister and niece.

My time line:

Sponsorship approval March 28 2011, file transfer Singapore May 13 2011, First interview letter November 4 2011

The Harper Government has to go. Actually Mr. Harper has to go and he can take his government with him. I do not belong to any Canadian political party but I am beginning a campaign against the Harper Government. I don't think they can call themselves conservatives anymore. They are Harperites. The Harper government is anti immigration. They are caving in to the conservative west which is also made up of immigrants. Hypocrisy! you know is doing just fine.

Reactions: karamba