AOR Received.
06 July 2012
File Transfer...
10 July 2012
Med's Done....
06 July 2012
LANDED..........
soonest I hope
What does the Harper government have to do with this topic? His government didn't set up the current system we are dealing with for sponsorship.

On a different issue do you know how often they come to conduct interviews in Vietnam?

I'm prepared to send my wife to Singapre of an interview is required as I have friends there how can pick her up and help her get to the intervew etc.

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
My wife and I finally landed on Thursday August 23. Everything was smooth and easy. No major complaints. All the paperwork was done in less than half an hour. However, the only complaint (if I have to mention) was the waiting at Toronto Lester Pearson International Airport - CBSA area. It was not well organized. There was no number/ticket machine on site to determine the order of people being served by the CBSA officers. There were 4 CBSA officers working at their booths when we arrived. People, mostly foreign students from Hongkong (because we took Cathay Pacific), were waiting to get their study visas in no particular order and voluntarily approached the CBSA officers' booths when they called out "next". But finally, we managed to walk out of there in less than half an hour which included 25 minutes of waiting and only 5 minutes of actual processing by the CBSA officer who asked my wife a couple of questions and signed 2 copies of the COPR.
Cheers!

hope2012

May 15, 2012
stevent said:
My wife and I finally landed on Thursday August 23. ...
Congratulations Stevent! You made it fast and very well. All the best with your wife resettlement and your family start-up!

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
hope2012 said:
Congratulations Stevent! You made it fast and very well. All the best with your wife resettlement and your family start-up!
hope2012,
Thank you. Have you received any progress on your file? Best of luck to you and your wife.

lazycat_husband

Aug 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 July 2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31 Aug 2012
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
04 Sep 2012
Med's Request
receiced 7 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
20 May 2012
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
ASAP
VISA ISSUED...
Hope it will be this year
LANDED..........
right after got PR
Hi Guys,
I have just applied to sponsor my wife at Vietnam.
I am also a Vietnamese.
;D

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
lazycat_husband said:
Hi Guys,
I have just applied to sponsor my wife at Vietnam.
I am also a Vietnamese.
;D
Hi Lazycat_husband,
Welcome to the forum. We'll gladly share our experiences with you :). Where do you live? I'm living in the GTA in Ontario. Take care!

lazycat_husband

Aug 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 July 2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31 Aug 2012
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
04 Sep 2012
Med's Request
receiced 7 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
20 May 2012
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
ASAP
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
right after got PR
stevent said:
Hi Lazycat_husband,
Welcome to the forum. We'll gladly share our experiences with you :). Where do you live? I'm living in the GTA in Ontario. Take care!
Thank Stevent,
I live at St Catharines in Ontario.
:D
my waiting game just begins and go to the difficult part
;D :p :p :p :p :p

hope2012

May 15, 2012
stevent said:
hope2012,
Thank you. Have you received any progress on your file? Best of luck to you and your wife.
Thanks Stevent. No, I haven't heard anything from Singapore yet. I have asked my MP's offfice help to obtain my wife's application status; but there is still no news from them.

ECAS still showed "Application Received" when I checked it this morning. Not sure if information on ECAS is up to date or if they have started looking at our application yet.

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
lazycat_husband said:
Thank Stevent,
I live at St Catharines in Ontario.
:D
my waiting game just begins and go to the difficult part
;D :p :p :p :p :p
Hi lazycat_husband,
I'm currently living in Mississauga. I've never thought any Vietnamese living in St. Catherine's... LoL... I thought Hamilton was the farthest any Vietnamese would live. Now I know you're living in St. Catherine's. Drop by for a visit if you ever head up to the GTA.

I know waiting is the hardest part, especially with Singapore Visa Office. It seems forever ending :)... Just think positively. You'll be fine. It took me 9 months of waiting (2 months processed by CPC Mississauga and 7 months by Singapore VO).

Best wishes to you and your family! Take care!

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
hope2012 said:
Thanks Stevent. No, I haven't heard anything from Singapore yet. I have asked my MP's offfice help to obtain my wife's application status; but there is still no news from them.

ECAS still showed "Application Received" when I checked it this morning. Not sure if information on ECAS is up to date or if they have started looking at our application yet.
Hi hope2012,
I read somewhere on this forum that eCAS is updated every Tuesday. Just think positively and talk with your wife in Vietnam more often :). It helps... LoL. When was your file transferred to Singapore?
When my wife came and picked up her visa and COPR at the IOM office in HCM city in late June, Ms. Uyen told her that Singapore VO put a hold on Family Class applications during July and August to expedite visa student applications so that they'd arrive in Canada on time for September back-to-school schedule.
I hope what she said is true and hopefully your file will move faster and good news will come soon.
Take care!

lazycat_husband

Aug 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 July 2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31 Aug 2012
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
04 Sep 2012
Med's Request
receiced 7 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
20 May 2012
Interview........
Hope not
Passport Req..
ASAP
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
right after got PR
stevent said:
Hi lazycat_husband,
I'm currently living in Mississauga. I've never thought any Vietnamese living in St. Catherine's... LoL... I thought Hamilton was the farthest any Vietnamese would live. Now I know you're living in St. Catherine's. Drop by for a visit if you ever head up to the GTA.

I know waiting is the hardest part, especially with Singapore Visa Office. It seems forever ending :)... Just think positively. You'll be fine. It took me 9 months of waiting (2 months processed by CPC Mississauga and 7 months by Singapore VO).

Best wishes to you and your family! Take care!
Hi Stevent,

I lived at Windsor for almost 4 years before I came to St catharines.
I think my application might be a solid case to CIC.
And hope that before April next year, I gonna have my wife here in Canada.
I sent my application for sponsor at 20 July 2012, and received AOR on 31Aug, Approval letter on 4 Sep, and confirmation for medical test received on ecas on 7 Sep. It seems to me that my application is going fast. and thank for CIC agent for my quick processing case.
:D :D :D :D
Thank for your invitation and wishes.
All the best for you and your family.

God bless us

hope2012

May 15, 2012
stevent said:
Hi hope2012,
I read somewhere on this forum that eCAS is updated every Tuesday. Just think positively and talk with your wife in Vietnam more often :). It helps... LoL. When was your file transferred to Singapore?
When my wife came and picked up her visa and COPR at the IOM office in HCM city in late June, Ms. Uyen told her that Singapore VO put a hold on Family Class applications during July and August to expedite visa student applications so that they'd arrive in Canada on time for September back-to-school schedule.
I hope what she said is true and hopefully your file will move faster and good news will come soon.
Take care!
Hi Stevent,

My file was transfered to Singapore in November last year. It has been more than a year since we submitted our applications to Mississauga.

I thought they processed student visas in the embassy or consulates in Vietnam. So if Singapore, which has only a few officers, has to work on those kinds of visas, it will take them forever to restart examining our files.

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
lazycat_husband said:
Hi Stevent,

I lived at Windsor for almost 4 years before I came to St catharines.
I think my application might be a solid case to CIC.
And hope that before April next year, I gonna have my wife here in Canada.
I sent my application for sponsor at 20 July 2012, and received AOR on 31Aug, Approval letter on 4 Sep, and confirmation for medical test received on ecas on 7 Sep. It seems to me that my application is going fast. and thank for CIC agent for my quick processing case.
Thank for your invitation and wishes.
All the best for you and your family.

God bless us
Thanks lazycat_husband. Best wishes to you and your family too! Take care!

stevent

Star Member
Mar 2, 2012
hope2012 said:
Hi Stevent,

My file was transfered to Singapore in November last year. It has been more than a year since we submitted our applications to Mississauga.

I thought they processed student visas in the embassy or consulates in Vietnam. So if Singapore, which has only a few officers, has to work on those kinds of visas, it will take them forever to restart examining our files.
Hi Hope.
I used to think student visas were processed by the Cdn Consulate office in HCM city but it was not the case. Ms. Uyen explained to my wife that the Cdn Consulate office in HCM city processed student and visitor visa applications but the visas were issued by Singapore Visa Office.
Have a great weekend.

tamitu

Sep 4, 2012
;D
Hello all. It my time
My time line:

Sponsorship application approved: Jun 05 2012
AOR :Jun 05 2012
File transfer Singapore: : Aug 07 2012
Now application receiver
Med receiver
:'( waiting along time at Singapore