+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Family visa application for tourist visa got refused twice

Paliha

Mar 5, 2018
Hi,

We are a family in Sri Lanka,

Our visa application got refused twice; we have applied last year to visit Niagara Falls via USA and got refused with the grounds of travel history. Again we made and application last month for tourist visa to Canada for coming August vacation and that also got refused. We have traveled to USA twice and traveled to many other countries in Europe. This time the refusal letter has given the following reasons.

My husband is one of the working directors of a company and we have submitted all the financial documents.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulate in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulate in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulate in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on limited employment prospects in your country of residence.

· I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulate in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

This seems very unfair.

Can anyone help us to appeal the case?

Thank you,

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There is no appeal for a TRV. All you can do is re-apply. I’d suggest ordering the GCMS notes before attempting to re-apply to address the actual concerns.

Reactions: Paliha

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to reapply instead of appealing and submit a stronger application to overcome the refusal reasons.

When you reapply, you'll need to provide us with the complete list of documents you submitted with your application. How long a trip did you request? What amount of funds did you show to support your trip?

Paliha

Mar 5, 2018
There is no appeal for a TRV. All you can do is re-apply. I’d suggest ordering the GCMS notes before attempting to re-apply to address the actual concerns.
Thanks a lot for replying me. Do I have to get GCMS note or CAIPS note?

Last edited:

Paliha

Mar 5, 2018
Thank you very much for everyone who has replied to me. I will be keep in touch with you all to get through my visa issue.

Paliha

Mar 5, 2018
You'll need to reapply instead of appealing and submit a stronger application to overcome the refusal reasons.

When you reapply, you'll need to provide us with the complete list of documents you submitted with your application. How long a trip did you request? What amount of funds did you show to support your trip?
Thanks a lot I'll get back to you with all the information.

Paliha

Mar 5, 2018
Thanks a lot for replying me. Do I have to get GCMS note or CAIPS note?
Please let me know because I need to get to Sri Lanka through a commercial website and I saw there are different kits for different prices.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please let me know how shall I send all the information will you provide me an e mail address or do I have to feed the information to the tread itself? Thanks,
You need to post more details here in this thread:
1. How long did you want to visit and what was the purpose of your visit?

2. Do you have a Canadian host who had invited you?

3. Which members of your immediate family had applied + what does each applicant do? If you have children then how old are they?

4. What were the list of documents which you submitted for each applicant?

5. When did you last visit the US? Do you have any valid visas for any country?

6. Have you and your family traveled together abroad on holidays? If yes, then to which countries?

7. Does your husband co-own the company where he is a director?

Paliha

Mar 5, 2018
You need to post more details here in this thread:
1. How long did you want to visit and what was the purpose of your visit?

2. Do you have a Canadian host who had invited you?

3. Which members of your immediate family had applied + what does each applicant do? If you have children then how old are they?

4. What were the list of documents which you submitted for each applicant?

5. When did you last visit the US? Do you have any valid visas for any country?

6. Have you and your family traveled together abroad on holidays? If yes, then to which countries?

7. Does your husband co-own the company where he is a director?

Paliha

Mar 5, 2018
Please find below information.

1.10 Days for coming August vacation, leisure and holiday

2. No, we have done hotel reservations via booking.com

3. Principle applicant was my husband-company director,

Myself (wife)-Home maker,

Half Daughter: Age 18 -Student,

Half Son: Age14-student,

Son: Age 5-Montessori student

4. Please find below documents that we have submitted.

. Completed Online Visa applications

. Current passports and Previous Passports with copies

. Covering Letter

. Documents in proof of my post as director in the company along with the bank statements and tax payment slips for Sri Lanka Inland Revenue.(Principle applicant's)

. Hotel Reservation

. Tour Itinerary

. Air line reservation

. Travel History and Copies of previous visas

. Statements of My Personal Current Account for last 17 months(Principle applicant's)

. Certificates of Fixed Deposits(Principle applicant's)

. Balance confirmation of my Savings Accounts(Principle applicant's)

. Confirmation Letter of my Infinity credit card(Principle applicant's)

. Deeds of Our Properties(Principle applicant's and myself)

. Vehicle Registration to Prove the Ownership of My Vehicle(Principle applicant's)

. Rent/Lease Agreements in Proof of Our Additional Income along with Electricity and water Bills.(Principle applicant's and Myself)

5. We (all the above applicants) visited USA 25 th December 2018, yes we all have valid 5 years multiple USA visa. Note: before traveling to USA we have applied for Canadian visa to take Niagara Falls tour which covers few Canadian cities including the Canadian side of the Niagara Falls. That was the first time our Canadian visa application got rejected with the grounds of Travel History.

We (Principle applicant, I and youngest son) have traveled to USA on 2017 Apr 08 USA,

We (Principle applicant, I and youngest son) have traveled to Malaysia Singapore and India several times.

My husband has traveled to Middle East counties Saudi Dubai, Qatar.

We have traveled to many European countries as I and my husband had been working in Italy for few years,

My youngest son was born in Italy.

7. Yes, he does.

Thank you,

Last edited: