+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa to Mexico transferred cases (FSW)

TBONCA

Sep 24, 2013
My passport has been received by the visa office today too. took 2 days

You live in Northern Ontario? I live in Northwestern Ontario too. Where do you live?

ozonezone234 said:
It took FedEx less than 20 hours to deliver my package from my rural Northern Ontario location to the Mexico City visa office - I'm impressed with their service

D

Deleted member 103187

TBONCA said:
Congratulations!
It seems to take really A month for passports coming back..?
usually 3-4 weeks from what I gather here

D

Deleted member 103187

TBONCA said:

You live in Northern Ontario? I live in Northwestern Ontario too. Where do you live?
Timmins

sainswapna

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Today in CIC online status check page "Permanent Residence Application Status" is changed to "In-process" for us. Before it was "received by visa office". Not sure what to make out of this.

sainswapna

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Also this extra line is now added to Client Application Status: Your application was reviewed and we started processing on October 24, 2013.

rakommineni

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo----CPP-Ottawa--Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2013 medicals with spouse's dob and pcc
AOR Received.
1st:26-06-2011, 2nd:24-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
15-04-2013-Mexico
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
07-12-2013
Not sure, for me this kind info was there since 2+years.

Here is my update, from Mexico office.
====
Madam,Sir,

We acknowledge receipt of the documents recently submitted for this application.

This application is in queue for review. At the moment, there is no need for further action on your part. Please note that as a consequence of the Professional Association of Foreign Services Officers taking strike action during the summer, all processing issues have been delayed and it is not currently possible for us to give you an approximate timeframe for reviewing your application.

Please note that our office cannot provide you with an update of case status by email on a regular basis, but rest assured that we will contact you for the next stage of the processing of your file

Our office will contact you should we require additional documents or information.

Thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.
====

sainswapna

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Finally PPR! Our attorney just forwarded the email. They requested only the passports(no mention of photos) of all applicants with in 15 days. I don't see any thing related to in-person option in our passport request attachment/email (as mentioned by other members in this forum).

Galian

Jun 30, 2010
Congratulations to everybody who got their PPRs!

I have finally got mine too!
They requested passport only, no photos.

My timeline:

Category........: FSW2
Visa Office......: Buffalo <--> Ottawa <--> Mexico
App. Filed.......: February 10, 2011
AOR Received.: March 24, 2011

Good luck to those who is waiting!

Canmex2013

Oct 31, 2013
LAKEWOOD said:
PPR today!!!! the long wait is over!!! VIVA Mexico!!!!
Hey Lakewood just a quick question, do you have any idea how long it takes for PPR after after federal fingerprints are done?
I have paid the landing fee already and then they request for federal fingerprints from Mexico which I just send it to the embassy in Mexico last week.

I appreciate your respond.

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Canmex2013 said:
Hey Lakewood just a quick question, do you have any idea how long it takes for PPR after after federal fingerprints are done?
I have paid the landing fee already and then they request for federal fingerprints from Mexico which I just send it to the embassy in Mexico last week.

I appreciate your respond.

Canmex2013, what do you mean by federal fingerprints? if you mean a police clerance certificate, it took 3 and a half months for a PPR, after i submitted my updated documets together with my police clearance certificate. i hope this would help.

thank you
LAKEWOOD

D

Deleted member 103187

TBONCA said:

@TBONCA

Just to let you now, you will likely receive your PP next week. Mexico City just sent me an email that our visas have been stamped, however there is a mistake with my return envelope so they wanted me to resend my fedex account number to them
I hope there is no further delay with returning my passport cause I already have a trip booked outside Canada at the end of the month ???

TBONCA

Sep 24, 2013
Hi!!

That is good news! At least the passports are ready to be back. Thanks for the info!

I always feel conerned about this PR process because something unexpected happens all the time!
starting with huge amount of backlog, visa office closure, file transfer to one office to another, and strike!!
But let's be positive. The passport and visa will come back to us NEXT WEEK!

just checked my status on CIC website, it is now "decision made". don't know when it was chaged though...

ozonezone234 said:
@ TBONCA

Just to let you now, you will likely receive your PP next week. Mexico City just sent me an email that our visas have been stamped, however there is a mistake with my return envelope so they wanted me to resend my fedex account number to them
I hope there is no further delay with returning my passport cause I already have a trip booked outside Canada at the end of the month ???

sainswapna

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
IELTS Request
Sent with application
We got our passports back with visas on THU. We are glad this long journey is almost over!
Best of luck to rest of all awaiting PPR.

rakommineni

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo----CPP-Ottawa--Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2013 medicals with spouse's dob and pcc
AOR Received.
1st:26-06-2011, 2nd:24-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
15-04-2013-Mexico
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
07-12-2013
PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR PPR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just got the PPR today ...