+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa to Mexico transferred cases (FSW)

rakommineni

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo----CPP-Ottawa--Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
Doc's Request.
16-07-2013 medicals with spouse's dob and pcc
AOR Received.
1st:26-06-2011, 2nd:24-04-2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
15-04-2013-Mexico
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
07-12-2013
TBONCA said:
My passport left Mexico City today! :)
Hi TBONCA, Do you have any update about your passport?

rakommineni

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-04-2013-Mexico
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
07-12-2013
TBONCA said:
I got my passport back today!! :) Landing will be on Sunday.

Good Luck!
Congratulations TBONCA, How long it took for you?

TBONCA

Sep 24, 2013
It took a month to have my passport back.
I sent it out on Oct.22 and picked up on Nov. 21
The passport were actually shipped on Nov.19th.

hope it helps :)

rakommineni said:
Congratulations TBONCA, How long it took for you?

akamboj

Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo--> Ottawa --> Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
17-7-2013
AOR Received.
11-23-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
10-04-2013
Med's Request
17-7-2013
Med's Done....
25-7-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2014 (Went in-person to Mexico for Stamping)
LANDED..........
14-01-2014 (Toronto Pearson Airport)
sainswapna said:
We got our passports back with visas on THU. We are glad this long journey is almost over!
Best of luck to rest of all awaiting PPR.
hey Sainswapna,

how long did it took you to get PPR after finger prints done?
also how long did it took to get passport back from Mexico?

rakommineni

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-04-2013-Mexico
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
07-12-2013
TBONCA said:
It took a month to have my passport back.
I sent it out on Oct.22 and picked up on Nov. 21
The passport were actually shipped on Nov.19th.

hope it helps :)
Thank you for info.Good luck for your landing.
My password reached to Mexico on Nov14,2013.

sainswapna

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
IELTS Request
Sent with application
akamboj said:
hey Sainswapna,

how long did it took you to get PPR after finger prints done?
also how long did it took to get passport back from Mexico?
I went in person to Mexico city embassy and submitted/picked up passports same day. It clearly says in my passport it's illegal to send passport in courier out of country. Rest of the timeline can be found under my username.

rakommineni

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-04-2013-Mexico
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
07-12-2013
TBONCA said:
I got my passport back today!! :) Landing will be on Sunday.

Good Luck!
Hi TBONCA,

How was your landing? What are the documents you carried over there and where did you landed? Could you please share your experiences?

akamboj

Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
17-7-2013
AOR Received.
11-23-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
10-04-2013
Med's Request
17-7-2013
Med's Done....
25-7-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sainswapna said:
I went in person to Mexico city embassy and submitted/picked up passports same day. It clearly says in my passport it's illegal to send passport in courier out of country. Rest of the timeline can be found under my username.

i am dealing with same shit. waiting for PPR.
haven't heard anything from them. I did my Finger prints on 25 OCt and they received it on 5 Nov.
no reply after that.

i am also planning to go in person. Do they ask anything else when you go or you just need to take your passport with to get it stamped?
Also can i take my spouse passport along with me or she will have to travel there?

and any issues at airport or travelling?

thanks for the info.

TBONCA

Sep 24, 2013
Of course I can share my story!
It is really FRESH as I am just back from the border office. I could not go yesterday because of the weather..snowed and I did not want to drive on the highway in snow..

The office I went for landing is "Pigeon River" office that is about 45 min away by driving from where I live.
I thought I had to cross the border first and come back, but it was not true. I just parked my car somewhere near the office and walked to the office. a minute walk.

I went to the section where it says "IMMIGRATION" and waited until somebody shows up.
And then one officer saw me and I said "came for landing"
The officer asked for the Confirmation of PR and the passport.
He asked me whether we crossed the border and came back. I said NO and also said that I was currently living in Canada.
He asked where I was coming from and went over my passport. He checked my work permit and my spouse's study permit.
I was asked what year I came to Canada, where I work and what my title is. He was surprised that I came to Canada in 2005. :p

One thing might be useful is that any of you has the new passport, might need to have the old ones with all visa or permits ready.
He asked for the old passport with permits because I have a new (renewed) passport with the most recent work permit only.
For my case, I just said that I did not have it with me and the officer was fine with it. But who knows?

AND! he asked why my the office was MEXICO! He asked me whether I applied through the office.
I said that my application had been transferred to the Mexico office and his response....? "...Hmm...ridiculous..." shook his head.

Then he asked us to sign on the form and give him my address for PR card.. No photo taken. No fee paid
I had the bank statement with me but he did not ask for it.
The officer asked us to sit and wait until called while he verifies the information on the Confirmation of PR...
He actually said "There is lots of information to verify that it is true"
so waited about 20 min-ish..?

I got called up and he stamped on the passport.
He kept the copy for the office and gave us the client copy with the stamp and his signature.
He made clear that the COPR is NOT a travel doc. But the passport with the stamp will allow us to travel to US and return to Canada by ground. By air, I have to have the PR card.
Last thing the officer said was Welcome to Canada as we all know.

I drive back! :)

Now I need to send another PR card application for the urgent processing as I live on Dec 25 for my home country for a visit.
This will be the very last step.
oh..may need apply for OHIP before I leave too.

Hope this helps!
Good luck with you guys too!

rakommineni said:
Hi TBONCA,

How was your landing? What are the documents you carried over there and where did you landed? Could you please share your experiences?

sainswapna

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
IELTS Request
Sent with application
akamboj said:
i am dealing with same *censored word*. waiting for PPR.
haven't heard anything from them. I did my Finger prints on 25 OCt and they received it on 5 Nov.
no reply after that.

i am also planning to go in person. Do they ask anything else when you go or you just need to take your passport with to get it stamped?
Also can i take my spouse passport along with me or she will have to travel there?

and any issues at airport or travelling?

thanks for the info.
You must need second form of photo-id to enter the embassy. Yes, you can carry your spouse passport with an authorization letter and IMM 5476 USE OF A REPRESENTATIVE form both signed by your spouse. There is no need to notarize any of these forms. Also keep a secondary photo ID of your spouse, just in case. Embassy is located in Polanco, very safe area. Don't go to the address mentioned in their website Embajada de Canadá Schiller 529. That's different office. Visa processing unit is located here@ Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193. Also this address can be found in the email ppr request. Regarding travel, MEX airport itself is safe. Take registered taxis/cabs only to/from airport. At airport arrivals they have many registered taxi counters. They are bit expensive but very safe (250 pesos). Also you may need to say overnight @hotel because of flight arrival timings from US/Canada into Mexico. Traffic is heavy everywhere so always add extra one hour on top. Embassy accepts passports between 8:00AM -10:00AM for the same day delivery. Make sure you book one of big brand hotels who has English speaking personnel at reception desk. 99.9% don't speak English, so make sure you have all addresses etc written on a paper/saved in smartphone. Google translate, offline maps helped me a lot. Money conversion @ airport is ripoff. Hotel front desk gave me better rate (20% more). Also big hotels have their own taxi/cab service which you can trust. In case you need ride from Embassy back to hotel, make sure you take "sitio" registered taxis/cabs. These sitio counters can be found in google maps. For me with some homework it turned out to be a great trip. I walked in Polanco area for total of 4 hours and not once I felt unsafe! Overall a great experience.
Wish you all the best with rest of the process!

akamboj

Sep 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2011
Doc's Request.
17-7-2013
AOR Received.
11-23-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
10-04-2013
Med's Request
17-7-2013
Med's Done....
25-7-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sainswapna said:
You must need second form of photo-id to enter the embassy. Yes, you can carry your spouse passport with an authorization letter and IMM 5476 USE OF A REPRESENTATIVE form both signed by your spouse. There is no need to notarize any of these forms. Also keep a secondary photo ID of your spouse, just in case. Embassy is located in Polanco, very safe area. Don't go to the address mentioned in their website Embajada de Canadá Schiller 529. That's different office. Visa processing unit is located here @ Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193. Also this address can be found in the email ppr request. Regarding travel, MEX airport itself is safe. Take registered taxis/cabs only to/from airport. At airport arrivals they have many registered taxi counters. They are bit expensive but very safe (250 pesos). Also you may need to say overnight @ hotel because of flight arrival timings from US/Canada into Mexico. Traffic is heavy everywhere so always add extra one hour on top. Embassy accepts passports between 8:00AM -10:00AM for the same day delivery. Make sure you book one of big brand hotels who has English speaking personnel at reception desk. 99.9% don't speak English, so make sure you have all addresses etc written on a paper/saved in smartphone. Google translate, offline maps helped me a lot. Money conversion @ airport is ripoff. Hotel front desk gave me better rate (20% more). Also big hotels have their own taxi/cab service which you can trust. In case you need ride from Embassy back to hotel, make sure you take "sitio" registered taxis/cabs. These sitio counters can be found in google maps. For me with some homework it turned out to be a great trip. I walked in Polanco area for total of 4 hours and not once I felt unsafe! Overall a great experience.
Wish you all the best with rest of the process!

thanks Swapna for all this Info. I am just waiting for my PPR from 4 months. But no reply from them.
i emailed them on Friday and today they replied saying that my Background Check is going on.
I am the oldest applicant here; applied in January 2011.

Fingers Crossed. Lets see when it comes.
And Congrats to you once again

sainswapna

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Ottawa
Category........
App. Filed.......
27-08-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
30-08-2018
IELTS Request
Sent with application
akamboj said:
thanks Swapna for all this Info. I am just waiting for my PPR from 4 months. But no reply from them.
i emailed them on Friday and today they replied saying that my Background Check is going on.
I am the oldest applicant here; applied in January 2011.

Fingers Crossed. Lets see when it comes.
And Congrats to you once again
Looks like you are almost there. All the best! And one more thing related to travel. Embassy will revoke your existing visa after issuing immigrant visa so you will be required to land @Canada POE airport. It seems the rule is primary applicant must land first (or with dependents) and dependents can follow later. Hope this helps!

rakommineni

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-04-2013-Mexico
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
07-12-2013
TBONCA said:
Of course I can share my story!
It is really FRESH as I am just back from the border office. I could not go yesterday because of the weather..snowed and I did not want to drive on the highway in snow..

The office I went for landing is "Pigeon River" office that is about 45 min away by driving from where I live.
I thought I had to cross the border first and come back, but it was not true. I just parked my car somewhere near the office and walked to the office. a minute walk.

I went to the section where it says "IMMIGRATION" and waited until somebody shows up.
And then one officer saw me and I said "came for landing"
The officer asked for the Confirmation of PR and the passport.
He asked me whether we crossed the border and came back. I said NO and also said that I was currently living in Canada.
He asked where I was coming from and went over my passport. He checked my work permit and my spouse's study permit.
I was asked what year I came to Canada, where I work and what my title is. He was surprised that I came to Canada in 2005. :p

One thing might be useful is that any of you has the new passport, might need to have the old ones with all visa or permits ready.
He asked for the old passport with permits because I have a new (renewed) passport with the most recent work permit only.
For my case, I just said that I did not have it with me and the officer was fine with it. But who knows?

AND! he asked why my the office was MEXICO! He asked me whether I applied through the office.
I said that my application had been transferred to the Mexico office and his response....? "...Hmm...ridiculous..." shook his head.

Then he asked us to sign on the form and give him my address for PR card.. No photo taken. No fee paid
I had the bank statement with me but he did not ask for it.
The officer asked us to sit and wait until called while he verifies the information on the Confirmation of PR...
He actually said "There is lots of information to verify that it is true"
so waited about 20 min-ish..?

I got called up and he stamped on the passport.
He kept the copy for the office and gave us the client copy with the stamp and his signature.
He made clear that the COPR is NOT a travel doc. But the passport with the stamp will allow us to travel to US and return to Canada by ground. By air, I have to have the PR card.
Last thing the officer said was Welcome to Canada as we all know.

I drive back! :)

Now I need to send another PR card application for the urgent processing as I live on Dec 25 for my home country for a visit.
This will be the very last step.
oh..may need apply for OHIP before I leave too.

Hope this helps!
Good luck with you guys too!
Thank you very much for sharing your experiences.It is very useful.

rakommineni

Star Member
Oct 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
15-04-2013-Mexico
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
12-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
07-12-2013
My application status is "DECISION MADE" now at online.