+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa H4 Visa Appointment - Expedited Request?

shevas2003

Star Member
Feb 24, 2022
I'm a Canadian PR(with an expired PR card) currently residing in the United States with my Canadian citizen spouse. I have my H4 approval and need to get the visa stamped at Ottawa. The earliest appointment in Ottawa was May 2023 which I took as a placeholder. I think because I chose I reside outside Canada in the questionnaire, the automated system is making me take an appointment. The last place I got my H4 visa stamped was in India, same visa category.
It's been 10 days and I have been checking every single day, different times to see if anything else opens up earlier, but it showed only March 2023 appointments. I currently work in the United States in non-profit healthcare and need to get this H4 visa stamped because without the stamp, I can't travel out of USA to visit family, etc. as I need this visa stamp to get back inside.
Is there a way I can make an expedited request for an appointment? What papers are needed for it? Is there a certain amount of time I should wait before making the expedited request?
Thank you all in advance