+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Case Processing Centre applicants - Lets connect here.

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Guys, the wait doesn't end at receiving PPR for me. I submitted my passport a month back (after receiving PPR) but am yet to hear from the Canadian consulate. The only way they entertain correspondence is through cic web forms where timeline for response is up to 28 days. Since I live in the UAE, this is all the more difficult as I am on my employer's visa, where I'm serving my notice period, which gets over next week :(
Your passport is at Canada consulate in UAE? Find their email and send them email explaining your time constraint and the kefala system. Copy Ottawa in your email.

Joseph12

May 15, 2019
Interesting. Mine says

"... currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements"
"... background verifications are currently in process..."
"... Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario"

I just received my CSC response, the usual generic thing.
"... currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements"
"... background verifications are currently not in process yet ..."
"... Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O) in Ottawa, Ontario"
I guess they'll just wait till we're few days to 180 days before initiating background check at the Ottawa VO.

Piwee

Mar 30, 2019
What is the average processing time for PR at CPC ottawa? Do we have to complete the whole 6 months?
Really need to hear any supporting news!

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Interesting. Mine says

"... background verifications are currently in process..."
You're so lucky. At least they are processing your background check. Mine, and majority of others are still in eligibility check. Meanwhile, nothing stops them from initiating both stages simultaneously as other VOs often do.

sarang007

Feb 28, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
19-02-2019
AOR Received.
28-02-2019
Med's Done....
15-04-2019
LANDED..........
07-2019
Hello guys..
PNP-O, Residence India
AOR 28 feb
MEP 15 apr
Called on 1may, status: eligibility passed, criminality n security not started, VO Ottawa
Status on 20may: criminality cleared, security not started, VO Ottawa
Ghost update : 29 may..
No ppr yet

Is this sign of ppr? How many days after one can expect ppr?

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Hi all,

There is some movement going on at Ottawa VO with regards to files that have review required.

My AOR is sept 5. My eligibility has been under review required for POF since dec 13.
Today my status was updated:
Medical exam went from passed to “you do not need a medical exam”.
Additional documents went from “we are reviewing the additional documents you provided” to “not applicable”.
I called CIC and was informed that my eligibility was passed yesterday.

I did request GCMS notes a few months ago and understood that IRCC was missing one document. I uploaded this document proactively.

3 weeks ago I called CIC to ask for an update and the agent sent a reminder to the case officer.

Not sure if any of this was helpful but hoping for some more good news soon.

Reactions: iqueen

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Called IRCC today and was told there is huge backlogs in Ottawa and hence processing times are now going to be longer. We should be prepared for 1-3 months delay. They have hired new case officers to improve their processing times. The nice agent also sent a remainder to case officer.

The delay was getting very depressing but I seem to have finally made peace with it. PPR comes when it comes. Let's see!!

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Hi all,

There is some movement going on at Ottawa VO with regards to files that have review required.

My AOR is sept 5. My eligibility has been under review required for POF since dec 13.
Today my status was updated:
Medical exam went from passed to “you do not need a medical exam”.
Additional documents went from “we are reviewing the additional documents you provided” to “not applicable”.
I called CIC and was informed that my eligibility was passed yesterday.

I did request GCMS notes a few months ago and understood that IRCC was missing one document. I uploaded this document proactively.

3 weeks ago I called CIC to ask for an update and the agent sent a reminder to the case officer.

Not sure if any of this was helpful but hoping for some more good news soon.
Hi,

it is good to see movement after all these months, mine is still not touched since 6 dec
RR on POF & work exp.
updated nex were already uploaded but still have'nt heard or seen anything change
I really hope they just clear this damn backlogs & give me a decision
let's see what will next week bring foe us !

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
I called IRCC again and got to know that my eligibility and security were passed last Thursday. Criminality was passed back in December.
Wondering how long it's gonna take until PPR.

Reactions: zafontana

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
I called IRCC again and got to know that my eligibility and security were passed last Thursday. Criminality was passed back in December.
How do you guys manage to get those call agents to be civil with you and provide the required information? I've not been lucky with them. Or is it because my application is still under 6 months?

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
How do you guys manage to get those call agents to be civil with you and provide the required information? I've not been lucky with them. Or is it because my application is still under 6 months?
They definitely become a lot more helpful once you get passed the 6 months. I am nearly 9 months in so they are helpful most of the time.

Mrshaks

Star Member
Sep 1, 2017
Did you send any updated documents for RR on POF?

opotato

Feb 8, 2019
Did you send any updated documents for RR on POF?
Yes. My consultant initially forgot to submit a bank statement when my application was submitted. We submitted the missing documents after learning about this in the GCMS notes.