+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTTAWA Case Pilot Office - for 2007 London Applicants only

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good news Camerwell, could this mean they've decided to organise everyone's QA interviews soon?
All the best!

Camerwell

Oct 30, 2010
Hi

Thanks everyone! ;D

M+JM, you will have to tell me about your interview process, would be good to hear your experience! The very best of luck to you too.

Best wishes.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's the latest on QA. Because we're getting married at the end of July, we told them we could not afford to leave our passport and risk a postal delay. We asked how soon we could have the visa. This is the reply we got:

Assuming that the RPRF payment has been received and processed by the date of your interview AND that there are no concerns raised by the officer at interview, we should be able to finalize your application and issue your visas within a day or two of your interview, if not on the day itself.

:p It looks like they'll do like for Edupolo, give us some sort of code or a way we can skip the passport queue since this is quite urgent.
So that's the answer to my question about the different PPR letters (the QA interview letter we got doesn't mention RPRF). I suppose normally they would wait until after the interview to request RPRF (you know, in case you failed... not that it's really an option for QA since they're only making sure your documents are genuine.)

I know the email above does insist on the AND, but the guy on the phone was reassuring: unless you've forged or lied about something, why would they raise a concern now!? They ask for payslips for past 3 months but my fiancée hasn't worked since March; well we'll be honest about it, and bring payslips for the past year and explain why she's been out of work.

We're sending the Banker's draft to London as soon as we get it (we've been given a name, could it be our VO?), with a letter explaining this and politely asking to make sure the visa is ready for the day after the interview at the latest.

We don't normally drink alcohol but I went and bought a bottle of Canadian ice wine to celebrate!

Will let you know after the 5th!

Camerwell

Oct 30, 2010
Hi

My QA interview letter says that we need to bring the RPRF bankers draft to the interview, I just think their communication is a little inconsistent! It also clearly says that the purpose of the interview is to simply check the validity of our documents.

marvstin

Apr 30, 2011
M+JM said:
Here's the latest on QA. Because we're getting married at the end of July, we told them we could not afford to leave our passport and risk a postal delay. We asked how soon we could have the visa. This is the reply we got:

Assuming that the RPRF payment has been received and processed by the date of your interview AND that there are no concerns raised by the officer at interview, we should be able to finalize your application and issue your visas within a day or two of your interview, if not on the day itself.

:p It looks like they'll do like for Edupolo, give us some sort of code or a way we can skip the passport queue since this is quite urgent.
So that's the answer to my question about the different PPR letters (the QA interview letter we got doesn't mention RPRF). I suppose normally they would wait until after the interview to request RPRF (you know, in case you failed... not that it's really an option for QA since they're only making sure your documents are genuine.)

I know the email above does insist on the AND, but the guy on the phone was reassuring: unless you've forged or lied about something, why would they raise a concern now!? They ask for payslips for past 3 months but my fiancée hasn't worked since March; well we'll be honest about it, and bring payslips for the past year and explain why she's been out of work.

We're sending the Banker's draft to London as soon as we get it (we've been given a name, could it be our VO?), with a letter explaining this and politely asking to make sure the visa is ready for the day after the interview at the latest.

We don't normally drink alcohol but I went and bought a bottle of Canadian ice wine to celebrate!

Will let you know after the 5th!
Dear All,

This is my second time dropping by in this forum and I am glad for M+M that things are starting to move for him in the right direction. I hope your good fate starts picking until you get the visa. For the rest of us I guess we will have to be patient (as this for the moment is the best thing that we can do) aside from of course to try and write the authorities concerned. On my case since I received that e-mail last week of April it was a month's bout with frustration which I am just beginning to get over with and made sense somehow. Like what M+M had been telling in the past posts I did some research on the net to figure out about this QA thing (dilemma) and there aren't really lots of stuff that can explain the process. I am just glad that M+M may have had opened an avenue to us QA chosen people by e-mailing the responsible authorities and somehow it does give hope. For now I would also try to follow suit but will have to bargain for some time as few months back I transferred to another company here also in UAE and as for most companies here employees are made to undergo a probation period its just right now that they just started processing my work visa here. In other words I do not have my passport with me till the UAE immigration stamps my visa and I would have preferred to proceed with the interview in the future with an updated visa, work contract etc. Also I just kept myself busy in compiling all the originals of the scanned documents I submitted way back (Most of the I had to obtain from my home country) as well as updated bank certification etc. I am right now just trying to get things prepared and myself to be ready.

Just to add info about myself. My ACR is dated September 2007, Documents Submitted to Ottawa last June 2010, did the medicals last week of February 2011.

To all the folks here in the wait, I wish you all good luck and Godspeed for us to Canada. :)

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well as you know from people here, it does look like London will use most of the "1 year after meds" before issuing visa (see Edupolo and ourselves.) In your case, February, well... However, you have been told that you were selected for QA? That means CPPO was relatively quick processing your application. Now all you need is something from London.
My best bet would be to drop an email to the minister (we gave the address above) and explain your case, and if possible maybe suggest a date that would be best for you. From my recent experience with them, I'm sure they would try to accommodate you.
At least since you're QA you know you're virtually through. Do start gathering birth certificates, diplomas and mark sheets, bank statements etc.

SinceOct07

Sep 27, 2010
Dubai
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-9-2007
Doc's Request.
12-3-2010
File Transfer...
12-3-2010
Med's Request
8-2-2011
Med's Done....
16-2-2011
Interview........
24-10-2011
Passport Req..
27-11-11
VISA ISSUED...
19-12-11
LANDED..........
22-01-12
Congratulations Camerwell for geting your interview, seems like they're moving faster now :)
when did you do your medical? and did the letter come from London?

Appreciate shedding some light on this.
thanks

Camerwell

Oct 30, 2010
Hi

Thank you, I've noticed on trackitt that a couple of other people have had requests for interviews too. ;D

Our meds were sent on the 8th Feb, we received an email from London on the 17th June telling us that we are part of quality assurance process and that our interview is scheduled for the 20th July. We've been asked to provide: birth certificates, marriage certificate, secondary school cerrtificates/uni certs [including all mark sheets for all years], bank statements for all held accounts[last 6 months], payslips [last 3 months], employment contracts, letter from employer, proof of funds, & bankers draft, 2 x photos, passports.

Does anyone know whether we will be penalised for not having all mark sheets for all years of our university degree? My partner and I only have our final grade uni certificates.

Best wishes.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Camerwell,
About your certificates and mark sheets, I would say this all depends on what you sent them when they requested your docs originally. Obviously if you sent lots of proof then and can only show one now, it will look a little suspicious..but if that's the only things you could show at the time and they were happy enough with it...
Anyway, do you have any other documents, like course descriptions, etc related to what you did? Try to bring as much as you can. I am bringing much more than
they asked, like 1 year payslips, etc (which makes my fiancé freak out :)) just to be on the safe side.

Otherwise, can you not have some of the uni send you additional documents before the interview? Try to contact them and see.
Good luck in any case. It's like all of us here, if you've been honest trough and through, all will be fine :)!

Camerwell

Oct 30, 2010
Hi

Thanks for the advice, you're right I think we are going to take as much info and documents as possible... I am going to get on the phone to our uni's on Monday to try and get each year's mark sheets.

Bank statements and payslips are super easy to get hold of, it is just the really old documents like school certs which are slightly trickier! We have everything we sent to them last year that we will take too.

I am starting to get very excited about it all but need to reign it in until we have our visas and all is good!

marvstin

Apr 30, 2011
thanks to M+M for all the encouragement and good advice. In my case I am already making a list of what to bring (thought I still do not have a date for the QA interview). School records and certificates for me and my wife are with us now as well as updated bank certifications and statements sent from my home country. The only thing that I need for now is for my new employer to stamp my passport with my transferred residence visa here in uae as well as my new labor contract so at least i'll be comfortable having all papers up-to-date.

wishing everybody (specially QA people) all the best and hopefully others good fate will also reach us.

marvstin

PS. I read Camerwell's post and noticed that the interviewer is also asking secondary school certificates. Is this a must or just only an option as I already have my university degree / diploma and i assume that this along with the transcript of records are sufficient.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They do ask for secondary school certificate. As for when you initially submitted your documents, go for safe and bring everything they ask, and more - especially if you have time to plan for this as you haven't been given a date for the interview.
If you really can't put your hands on it, fine, but the closer you are to their list, the easier you'll just breeze through the QA interview.
Imagine getting refused because you have the document but didn't bring it? Be safe: bring EVERYTHING (come to think of it it might just be easier to fix wheels under your house and to take it with you to the interview :p)

ericnzet

Sep 26, 2010
Thanks M+JM for your advise. I actually sent two emails, one to Ottawa since last week & the other one to London office two days ago and got the following reply from London office only:

"Thank you for your message. Please be advised that a Quality Assurance interview will be required in the fall. You will be contacted in July 2011 with further information regarding the date and time of this interview. It is likely that medical exams will need to be re-done."

I wasn't really happy about the response we got :(. Hopefully, visas will be stamped before our medicals expire.

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
ericnzet said:
Thanks M+JM for your advise. I actually sent two emails, one to Ottawa since last week & the other one to London office two days ago and got the following reply from London office only:

"Thank you for your message. Please be advised that a Quality Assurance interview will be required in the fall. You will be contacted in July 2011 with further information regarding the date and time of this interview. It is likely that medical exams will need to be re-done."

I wasn't really happy about the response we got :(. Hopefully, visas will be stamped before our medicals expire.
Sorry to hear about your case.In my view you could request CHC London and/or Minister to pre-schedule your interview ,in order to avoid expiry of your meds as according to Nectar and posts from M+JM and others the processings of QA cases are finished and your file is just waiting for a QA interview in order to receive a visa and there is a strong chance that you could receive your visa on the same day of your interview,if everything goes fine with your interview.
Many of UK based applicants are getting their interviews in July but as you are based at UAE and CHC London will have to make special arrangements for your interview in Abu dhabi so they have delayed till Fall.Another option is that if you can arrange for a visit visa for Uk and request London to arrange an interview for you ASAP in CHC London.

As for me, landing in Canada ASAP is very important so if I were you I would have certainly gone for option #2.

Good Luck

Lina-Ida

Star Member
Jan 14, 2011
I am very happy, today I got PPRs request by e-mail !
I am too much happy, it means I did right thing sending inquiry to CPP-O, they didn't answer for 10 days, but
then I got precious PPRs from CHC London!
So now everything I should do very rapidly ( bank drafts and ets).
My advice is simple- each month send inquiry to CPP-O and mention how much time do you have till Meds expiry date.
Good luck to everybody.