+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OTTAWA Case Pilot Office - for 2007 London Applicants only

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say these are fine, unfairsystem. I think we had only photocopied ours, and then they had been certified by the notary public who had certified all our other docs.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
QA: the situation so far ???

Since CPPO replied to one of our enquiries in March with the news that we had been transferred back to London for QA and that London would contact us shortly, there has been no information whatsoever on QA. There are now 5 of us going through QA, and no-one has heard anything from London.

Although in April the Ministry told us London was hoping to contact us "in the next month", CHC London has so far managed to wriggle its way out of 1 letter, 3 emails and 2 online forms through their website. And that's only from us.

Today I have played my last card and emailed CPPO, asking them to forward my enquiry directly to London, which they have very diligently done. I thought perhaps they would know a secret e-mail address, you know, a mega-efficient-caffeine-addict-undercover-Superofficer-employee-of-the-month someone from the inside could write to if they wanted to get results?

We'll see if London still ignores that. As I reminded them, we are now 12 weeks before our meds BBE date, and although it doesn't sound quite as dramatic as Edupolo's case, we still ignore what the "QA process" might involve. If it is, as we think and fear, an interview, we'll first need to get a letter giving us a date and so on...This might take a while...
On top of that we are getting married in July. When that was booked and organised, back in October, we thought for sure we'd be in C Land by then... Guess not... Now we're terrified this might complicate the immigration further...

We'll be sure to let you know as soon as London replies.
Keep you posted ;)

kur761

Feb 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
PILLOT OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-09-2007
Doc's Request.
11-03-2010
AOR Received.
22-10-2007
IELTS Request
11-03-2010
File Transfer...
11-03-2010
Med's Request
14-07-2011
Med's Done....
19-07-2011 & CHC London office rvd. on 25-07-2011
Interview........
Waive
Passport Req..
PPR RVD ON 08-03-2012 PPs. SENT 12/03/12 CHC RVD 13/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
Status has been changed to "DM" & Canadian address has also been updated.
LANDED..........
11-06-2012
Dear Seniors,

I have received an e mail from OTTAWA office and requested to send a scan copy of my wife's passport as when I submitted my documents last year , at that time four months left for its expiry.

My question is that this is only additional documents they require after through examination of documents or when they feel that which document is missing ask us????????????????

Hopefully, MR request should come very soon.

Kindly through some light over my concerns???????????????

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry kur761 I will have to ignore your question for the moment as my mind is buzzing right now...

Last night I wrote We'll be sure to let you know as soon as London replies as a joke, because you know, they never reply? Well...THEY DO!
I was expecting an email or a letter....and the phone rang:

"Hello this is the Canadian High Commission in London"
"Errr...come again?"
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

He was actually nice, friendly and helpful! Someone from CHC London!! Who knew, right? :D

Apparently the Ministry passed my previous mails on to them (no connection to my latest attempt last night?).

SO:

Yes, QA does involve an interview, not a long one from what he said. From what I read before it should only be to verify our documents, so no stress (still would have preferred a straight PPR but what can you do!)
We told him we were away next week, told him we were going to be in London in 3 weeks when we come back...and he said he would try to arrange for the interview then!!

Now for the best news for the other QA people here:
On the day of the interview we will normally be asked to bring our passport, and CHC should return it soon after with the visas!!

So the plan so far for us:

-We're away to France next week, and when we come back via London we have an interview, after which we drop our passports.
-Our passports will need to arrive in time for our wedding!!!
-After the wedding, we can finally go to CANADA!!

As always with our application since it started, it's not a clear "YEAAAAH, got my PPR!!" , just another step. But it's the clearest indication we'll be gone before our medicals expire!

I'm going crazy right now... Boxes to make, people to call... So much to start organising because I simply can't afford to wait until after the interview as I will also have a wedding to enjoy!
Best summer ever ;D ;D ;D ;D

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
wow, I had to reply to that M+JM!!! I would have loved to see your face when you picked up the phone. Were you speechless?
That is certainly good news! and as I said, I am confident that if I got my PPR before my medicals expire, then everyone would or at least that is what they will be aiming for unless big issues came up.
As you said, it is another step, but a very positive one, not to mention that the mystery about QA is finally over.
As you know, I am not back in UK until 29 June, in case I seem to be quieter than usual.
Good luck and keep us posted. I feel like you and I are the old Ottawa brothers ;-)

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edupolo said:
I would have loved to see your face when you picked up the phone. Were you speechless?
Well as we've said before, my fiancée and I have been having that running gag for a few years now... As soon as the post in the the box we say "I'll go get it, must be my letter from Canada"... When we were expecting the Meds email we were fighting for the computer...
An hour ago when the phone rang, my fiancée actually said "It's Canada!", you know, the same old joke...
But when I handed the phone to her (she's the main applicant), the look on her face :eek:!!!!
We're actually in shock, tears and all!

Just got a second call from London: they're arranging it for the 5th of July having looked at all our plans for this summer, trying to be helpful to save us another trip to London! Turns out it was actually CPPO who requested QA, not London....
I'll elaborate later!

edupolo said:
I feel like you and I are the old Ottawa brothers ;-)
Well yeah we were the first 2 to post in here after all! We've been feeling the same about you, buddy!

May this bring hope and similar good news to all others!

Shiraz1971

May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/04/2007
Doc's Request.
15/03/2010
AOR Received.
01/10/2007
IELTS Request
Waived
Med's Request
19/02/2011
Med's Done....
11/03/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/06/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/06/2011
LANDED..........
24/09/2011
M+JM, That is absolutely great news. Well done and wish you and your partner all the best. I had a smile on my face while reading your experience it reminded me of how I felt when I received my email for PPR but yours sounds more of a bigger surprise what with the tel call from them. :D

Where in Canada you guys moving to? Me and my family are going to be moving to Edmonton, Alberta as my wife's brother and sister already live there,, however were only looking at landing this year then move permanently sometime early next year.

I also have a question about RPRF, is a bank draft from Barclays bank in CAD ok to use to make the payment?
I'm pretty sure it is but just wanted to be certain as I'm picking it up from the bank tomorrow and heading over this Thursday to Grosvenor Square to hand in passports in person then pick up 2 weeks later.

Enjoy the moment coz your nearly there!!!

Shiraz

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks a lot mate!
Also, thanks a lot for reminding us about RPRF, got to say I had completely forgotten it!! Must get that ASAP before I go away next week!!!

We're moving to BC, and on the map Kamloops has a good feel about it so we'll start there and see how we like it. No relatives, no friends, no jobs, just adventure and us! It just feels good and ticks all the right boxes:
- not too far from the awesomeness of the Rockies. We can wave to you over Jasper National Park!
- not too close to the ocean and the sencond driest city in BC (after 6 years on the Scottish North Coast we'd rather be over-cautious :p )
- nice medium size city 4 hours drive from Vancouver

Gotta phone the bank NOW and get my banker's draft before I leave next Wednesday 8)

Edit:
Just phoned my bank (Co-op) and the draft can be with me in 3 days, so I'll wait for London's confirmation email tomorrow and phone my bank just after.
Last time I asked my bank though, the said they needed an address for the draft, they seem to be the only bank to do that. I know the check should be to Receiver General for Canada, but what adress do I put? The Public Works and Government Services address? CHC London?
If anyone has any idea before tomorrow...

Nectar

Dec 18, 2010
Dear all,

The Canadian PR visas can't be issued straight away but in fact CHC London/Ottawa Office must have to issue and send a valid PHEP either in the post or via an e-mail confirmation.

I hope this information is of assistance to you.

Nectar

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
M+JM: It is strange that they need an address for the draft, but if I was asked for an address, I would put the london address. The important bit is that the payee name is correct.

Shiraz: The draft from Barclays will be fine, mine is from Halifax Bank in CAD ($980 for 2 people right?). We will have to take that with passports, pictures and chart info. I hope I do not bump into the angry receptionist that Ahmadtajwer ran into, since I need to point out that my case is urgent and can't wait 14 days.

Will let you know how it goes when I go there on 29 June.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Hey M+JM, a big hearteous CONGRATSSSSSS. I am over the moon by reading that. Wow what a great surprise for you guys after all that. A big and hearteous congrats..................... Will see you guys in Canada i guess.................. I hope edupolo's visa get sorted shortly as what i've read in different threads, if your visa is being issued within 15 days or so of medical expiry, they do give you bit of extra time to make your travel and move arrangements. Whatever the case is, good thing is that you guys will be here this year.

Camerwell

Oct 30, 2010
Congrats M&JM, things are looking up! I laughed out loud when I read that they called you... They must have eaten their Weetabix that day.

Congrats to everyone else who recently got the PR's! ;D

I have a question, once you receive PR's how long have you got to get it all stamped and go to Canada and how long do you have to stay in Canada intially? I know this sounds pretty crazy given we have been waiting for 4 years now but we will probably move out in stages, anyone know what the landing rules are?

Thanks in advance.

people

Oct 2, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadtajwer said:
Hey M+JM, a big hearteous CONGRATSSSSSS. I am over the moon by reading that. Wow what a great surprise for you guys after all that. A big and hearteous congrats..................... Will see you guys in Canada i guess.................. I hope edupolo's visa get sorted shortly as what i've read in different threads, if your visa is being issued within 15 days or so of medical expiry, they do give you bit of extra time to make your travel and move arrangements. Whatever the case is, good thing is that you guys will be here this year.
Hi edupolo ,M+JM and all other who have recently received the PPRs,Congrats buddies.

Your cases have brought some hope to other forgotten applicants of 2007.

@ahmedtajwer,thanks for the info.Can you please share the link for the thread or forum where you have read about that experience.It could be beneficial for many applicants who are waiting for PPR from more than 8 months or so.

Regards

ericnzet

Sep 26, 2010
CONGRATS TO ALL WHO RECIEVED THE MUCH AWAITED PPR. Specially to Eudupolo! and Congrats M+MJ for the good news!

Honestly, I'm kinda worried now about our case. Our documents were also sent back to London for QA review. I'm living in the UAE and don't know how they're going to handle this kind of Interview. We are also leaving next week for a month vacation to our home country (Philippines). By the time we come back, we'll have 8 weeks before our medicals expire. :( :( :(

Also, Congrats to AhmedTajwer for your safe landing.

Wishing others to receive the good news either from CPPO or London Office.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone!
ericznet, your best bet is to contact the minister directly Minister@cic.gc.ca
London told us last night that this is how they got the info about our trips and wedding and why they decided to act fast.
Contact them, not London directly, explain your case and give specific dates etc, and kindly ask them to pass on to London as you would need the interview ASAP. The guy was saying on the phone that they had an opening early July for us, maybe for you as well?
They are not over-zealous about the interview thing as it was requested by CPPO, not them, and is only adding to their work, so they try to get it over and done with soon.
Now if you're in the UAE I have no idea how the interview would be conducted, surely not in London?? Again, do tell the ministry that in your email.
Hope this works!

And if we have one person to thank for the "email to the minister" tip: 8)ahmadtajwer 8). a BIG BIG thank you for that piece of advice!