Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Ok, got the second reply from Ottawa about their initial response that my medicals had been furthered and I will be contacted in due course.

My email reply was simply to ask for more information due to my concern about my medicals expriring already in July this year. Their answer was:

"The medical branch will contact you if or when more tests are required. Your case stays open until your application is completed"

and believe it or not... that is all they wrote... so no indication of time, no idea of how they will contact me if they ever do, and now they include 'if I need further tests', which I would think that would show on my case if it is yes or no.

Is there any email to contact the medical branch? I guess there is no point in contacting them, since I do not think that any of us have got a true reply.

I think i am even more frustrated now than before when I was just waiting with no information.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I juste can't understand why they gave us a personnalised reply ("file ready for visa" and indication of time) when obviously your situation and deadlines are much more preoccupying... Can't imagine why they would only reply with a generic one sentence... Best of luck edupolo. Keep in mind their emails (see my earlier posts) that the "February 2011" date we had been given was indeed refering to "visa granted or refusal"

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
edupolo said:
Ok, got the second reply from Ottawa about their initial response that my medicals had been furthered and I will be contacted in due course.

My email reply was simply to ask for more information due to my concern about my medicals expriring already in July this year. Their answer was:

"The medical branch will contact you if or when more tests are required. Your case stays open until your application is completed"

and believe it or not... that is all they wrote... so no indication of time, no idea of how they will contact me if they ever do, and now they include 'if I need further tests', which I would think that would show on my case if it is yes or no.

Is there any email to contact the medical branch? I guess there is no point in contacting them, since I do not think that any of us have got a true reply.

I think i am even more frustrated now than before when I was just waiting with no information.
This reply is still vague, i don't know what they are upto? They sometime send very personalised and sometimes very general reply ??? Like in M+JMs case one reply was file is ready for visa and second was still in process, wait for couple of months.

If haven't come across any direct email address of medical division but i would say to be bit pstient and wait for a week or so, if you don't receive anything by end of Jan, send them a burning email to demand valid information and not confusing info.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Never mind. As you said, I will wait until mid feb or so and then I will decide what to do if I have not heard from them.
Going away for two weeks, so hopefully that will keep my mind off this subject.
Should anything change I will keep you posted.
I hope that you guys hear from them soon too.

Secret

Jan 12, 2011
Hello there,
There was an update in the processing time page of CIC. Nothing remarkable except that those who applied after Feb 2008 are luckier than us :) I now know why it's taking too long for them to make decisions about us, it's because they are processing those new guys...
cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/skilled-fed.asp

canada74

Jun 22, 2010
Hi all,
I have a question:
My wife's passport is expiring in less than 6 months. So, we have to renew it before we receive the PPR hopefully in a couple of months. Now, for the whole process, we have been using the old passport number and photocopies. If I send them the new passport for getting the visa, is it fine? Or should I send them both the old and new passports?

Thanks for the help!

sharik

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2007
Doc's Request.
oct 2009
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
This week i received the passport request via email. i submitted my application in July 2007 from london. i just want to share this news with u guyz...

sharik

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2007
Doc's Request.
oct 2009
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
i take around 44 months to get this PR. I want to ask a question. Currently i am UK immigrate and i am going to be a canadian immigrate as well. is canadian immigration affects my UK immigration?

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
sharik said:
i take around 44 months to get this PR. I want to ask a question. Currently i am UK immigrate and i am going to be a canadian immigrate as well. is canadian immigration affects my UK immigration?
IMHO, no effect at all, but you will need to fulfill the minimum requirements of "permanent residency stay" in each of the two countries to keep both countries PR, else you may have to give up one for the other.

sharik

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2007
Doc's Request.
oct 2009
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Thanks schwarzeradler , How long i have to stay in canada to get citizenship?

schwarzeradler

Mar 10, 2010
sharik said:
Thanks schwarzeradler , How long i have to stay in canada to get citizenship?
To become Canadian citizens, adults must have lived in Canada for at least three years (1,095 days) in the past four years before applying. Children under the age of 18 do not need to meet this requirement.

You may be able to count time you spent in Canada before you became a permanent resident if that time falls within the four-year period.

Source: for further Info
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp#status

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey congrats sharik, great news! Do update us on timeline between PPR and visa! Best of luck!

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
sharik said:
This week i received the passport request via email. i submitted my application in July 2007 from london. i just want to share this news with u guyz...
Congrats Sharik !!!
Keep us updated....