AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Today I finally received citizenship certificate. It took almost 6 weeks.
Almost 5 weeks took IRCC processing, 1 week Canada Post regular delivery.
truly embarrassing office. slower than sloths

Reactions: Dhaka2014

7uss

Apr 9, 2013
My Oath status changed to "In Progress" on Nov. 18th but I didn't receive any invite for the Oath ceremony. How long does it take?

Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
@7uss, you can expect to receive the oath invite soon, I assume they are working on it. You can also try to call the call center and see if there was an invite sent or not.

Can you also share your timeline, when you applied and when you did the test ?

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Whoever is attending Oath with Ottawa office please be aware that the timeline for Ottawa office printing the certificate is 15-20 times slower than rest of Canada. While most offices in Ontario prints the certificate within the next day or two. Ottawa needs 5-6 weeks to print a certificate.

I attended oath on Oct 27th. Certificate is not even printed yet.

The biggest mistake I did is that I said NO when they asked me on oath day if I have urgent travel plans. I should have said yes. I didn't know travel plans in 60 days is considered URGENT for Ottawa office. I had oath on Oct 27th and have travel plans early Jan but looks like I can't make it. They ask you to cut your PR cards and don't give you a certificate for 45-60 days. That's totally unacceptable.

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
Whoever is attending Oath with Ottawa office please be aware that the timeline for Ottawa office printing the certificate is 15-20 times slower than rest of Canada. While most offices in Ontario prints the certificate within the next day or two. Ottawa needs 5-6 weeks to print a certificate.

I attended oath on Oct 27th. Certificate is not even printed yet.

The biggest mistake I did is that I said NO when they asked me on oath day if I have urgent travel plans. I should have said yes. I didn't know travel plans in 60 days is considered URGENT for Ottawa office. I had oath on Oct 27th and have travel plans early Jan but looks like I can't make it. They ask you to cut your PR cards and don't give you a certificate for 45-60 days. That's totally unacceptable.
I cited my international travel tickets as a proof of urgency and that made no difference. I had my Oath on Nov 10 and I was supposed to travel on Nov 29 i.e. yesterday which was within 20 days of the Oath ceremony and yet my status is In progress. I reschedule my tickets to January and also paid the fare difference. Now I believe I will have to reschedule again in January given that the people who had their Oath 2 weeks before me still haven't received their certificate.

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
I cited my international travel tickets as a proof of urgency and that made no difference. I had my Oath on Nov 10 and I was supposed to travel on Nov 29 i.e. yesterday which was within 20 days of the Oath ceremony and yet my status is In progress. I reschedule my tickets to January and also paid the fare difference. Now I believe I will have to reschedule again in January given that the people who had their Oath 2 weeks before me still haven't received their certificate.
This is upsetting. Never ending frustration with IRCC Ottawa

Ottawa-applicant

Apr 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Today I received an email indicting my citizenship certificate has been approved for urgent processing and is ready for pickup.
All i asked was that I have plans to travel, hope everyone else gets their certificate very soon.

Hozza

Jul 22, 2020
Today I received an email indicting my citizenship certificate has been approved for urgent processing and is ready for pickup.
All i asked was that I have plans to travel, hope everyone else gets their certificate very soon.
Congratulations!! Did you make the request during oath? How long has it been before receiving this email.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
IRCC office is on Queen St. not sure if dropping by their office and asking them directly would help?? That's the office where people can pick up their certs usually..