+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ottawa Applications

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
I cited my international travel tickets as a proof of urgency and that made no difference. I had my Oath on Nov 10 and I was supposed to travel on Nov 29 i.e. yesterday which was within 20 days of the Oath ceremony and yet my status is In progress. I reschedule my tickets to January and also paid the fare difference. Now I believe I will have to reschedule again in January given that the people who had their Oath 2 weeks before me still haven't received their certificate.
Have you received your certificate? Is JT your processing officer by any chance?

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
I am not sure what JT means but I do have JT in my email subject line. The application is still In progress.
JT are the initials of the agent who is handling our files. So we are in the same boat.. This JT is probably the slowest officer in Ottawa. Just google "JT Ottawa citizenship" in this forum and you will see stories about what he/she did in June July as well.

Very upsetting.

Suh1756

Star Member
Mar 5, 2017
JT are the initials of the agent who is handling our files. So we are in the same boat.. This JT is probably the slowest officer in Ottawa. Just google "JT Ottawa citizenship" in this forum and you will see stories about what he/she did in June July as well.

Very upsetting.
Not sure what we can do to push it to the next step. In the email they said 2-4 weeks so I have to wait till Dec 8, that's when 4 weeks complete since the ceremony. I have no hope of things changing by then. Not sure if going directly to the office and talking to someone who deals with citizenship application processing will help in any way. The security won't let me past the entry gate. But I guess it will be worth a try.

@Doda @carol90 @Ottawa-applicant did you guys have JT in the Oath invite email subject line received from the Ottawa CIC?

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
Not sure what we can do to push it to the next step. In the email they said 2-4 weeks so I have to wait till Dec 8, that's when 4 weeks complete since the ceremony. I have no hope of things changing by then. Not sure if going directly to the office and talking to someone who deals with citizenship application processing will help in any way. The security won't let me past the entry gate. But I guess it will be worth a try.

@Doda @carol90 @Ottawa-applicant did you guys have JT in the Oath invite email subject line received from the Ottawa CIC?
I really don't know what to do with Ottawa office. I had oath on Oct 27th, its been 37 days and still certificate is printed yet. Status is still in progress.

I don't think you can just go to their office unless they ask you to come in person. I have seen a few urgent cases where they asked to come in person. I am ready to drive 6hrs (3hrs one way) to Ottawa just to pick the certificate and get done with IRCC for good, sent 2 emails over the last weeks with request for urgent processing. Emails were opened but no reply.

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Good news for those waiting for test invites, I did a quick search and found two july applicants, one from august and one from november who received their invites, none of them mentioned urgent. It is really strange how they are selecting the files for processing. I guess the citizenship officers they go to the mail room and randomly grab from each month for paper applications.

Last edited:

Star Member
Aug 6, 2021
I really don't know what to do with Ottawa office. I had oath on Oct 27th, its been 37 days and still certificate is printed yet. Status is still in progress.

I don't think you can just go to their office unless they ask you to come in person. I have seen a few urgent cases where they asked to come in person. I am ready to drive 6hrs (3hrs one way) to Ottawa just to pick the certificate and get done with IRCC for good, sent 2 emails over the last weeks with request for urgent processing. Emails were opened but no reply.
There is new option to access certificate electronically, may be you can try to download.
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en
To make registration you will need invite code from here https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Last edited:
Reactions: CaBeaver and thuong

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
There is new option to access certificate electronically, may be you can try to download.
https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en
To make registration you will need invite code from here https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal
Thank you for reply. Actually you can only download the electronic certificate if you have opted for e-certificate during oath. Which was not an option when I had my oath back in October. This is very new and I was told it’s only been offered since Dec 1st.

I checked with my info and it says “you didn’t opt-in for eCertificate.

Reactions: 123123321

AGENTOO7

Feb 2, 2016
Good news for those waiting for test invites, I did a quick search and found two july applicants, one from august and one from november who received their invites, none of them mentioned urgent. It is really strange how they are selecting the files for processing. I guess the citizenship officers they go to the mail room and randomly grab from each month for paper applications.
Which year are you referring to? 2020 or 2021?

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Hey!

Where did you find them? The spreadsheet doesnt show any july applicants from ottawa who got test invites, or any month after June actually

Im a september applicant and honestly im feeling really hopeless these days. And very very angry at how slow and careless ottawa office is. Dont think wr will hear anything before new years

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....