AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
So I did some analysis to see the trends of Oath invites in Ottawa, some things I noticed below:

1- two clerks schedule Ottawa ceremonies, their initials are RI and (the infamous) JT
2- Most Ottawa ceremonies are done on Wednesdays. Usually there is a ceremony every Wednesday
3- If you get scheduled on a Wednesday, chances are you will (unfortunately) get JT as a clerk, hence, they will be processing your certificate printing and mailing
4- Oaths on other days than Wednesdays are (from what I've seen) handled by RI, people tend to get their certificates faster with them. RI also accepts urgent certificate processing and picking the certificate from the office
5- The days when most people get Ceremony In Progress on their tracker (the day that most people get scheduled for oath at) are Thursday and Friday (probably scheduling a new batch after being done with the ceremony on Wednesday)
6- Most scheduling happens for 2 weeks later (you'd see an update on tracker on Thursday or Friday for an oath two Wednesdays from then)
6- November 2021 had more than usual oaths (probably to clear backlog), unlike Jan 2022 (oaths are not common, only heard about one in Jan 12th)
7- On the other hand, I noticed that there was a substantial amount of DMs in Jan, so maybe they are ramping up there before an oath marathon in February/March.
8- Another possible reason for less oaths in January is JT still processing certificates from the Nov and Dec oaths (many are still waiting for their certificates till now)
9- Ottawa typically do not have long waiting times between DM and Oath scheduling (usually between 1-5 weeks). I did find two cases were DM was done on November 3rd and still didnt get oath invitation. There's a chance they were done by the same processing officer and that officer forgot to move to scheduling queue, but it's unlikely a coincidence that both cases have been waiting for oath for more than three months and both of them had DM on Nov 3rd

On that note, if you are in DM stage and waiting for oath, please share your timelines below. I am hoping some of us will be scheduled by tomorrow or Monday (if a clerk scheduled you on Thursday it would be reflected on Friday, if they schedule you on Friday, it will show the next Monday on your tracker)

Last edited:

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Another thing, when it comes to Tracker being updated, so that people would check it every hour, it usually updates once a day, either around 6 am or around 09:50 EST.
I have a scripts that runs every hour at every hour that checks my status (its a python script that someone here gave to me and I customized to fit my application), so thats why I know the update times. If nothing updates after 10:00am eastern, dont bother checking before the next day

Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Another thing, when it comes to Tracker being updated, so that people would check it every hour, it usually updates once a day, either around 6 am or around 09:50 EST.
I have a scripts that runs every hour at every hour that checks my status (its a python script that someone here gave to me and I customized to fit my application), so thats why I know the update times. If nothing updates after 10:00am eastern, dont bother checking before the next day
Can you share that script on github or somewhere? that's really cool..

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Can you share that script on github or somewhere? that's really cool..
@phoenix232 wrote it, if he doesnt mind I can send it to you. It is a python script so you need some scripting background to set up IDE, modules, etc

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
So I did some analysis to see the trends of Oath invites in Ottawa, some things I noticed below:

1- two clerks schedule Ottawa ceremonies, their initials are RI and (the infamous) JT
2- Most Ottawa ceremonies are done on Wednesdays. Usually there is a ceremony every Wednesday
3- If you get scheduled on a Wednesday, chances are you will (unfortunately) get JT as a clerk, hence, they will be processing your certificate printing and mailing
4- Oaths on other days than Wednesdays are (from what I've seen) handled by RI, people tend to get their certificates faster with them. RI also accepts urgent certificate processing and picking the certificate from the office
5- The days when most people get Ceremony In Progress on their tracker (the day that most people get scheduled for oath at) are Thursday and Friday (probably scheduling a new batch after being done with the ceremony on Wednesday)
6- Most scheduling happens for 2 weeks later (you'd see an update on tracker on Thursday or Friday for an oath two Wednesdays from then)
6- November 2021 had more than usual oaths (probably to clear backlog), unlike Jan 2022 (oaths are not common, only heads about one n Jan 12th)
7- On the other hand, I noticed that there was a substantial amount of DMs in Jan, so maybe they are ramping up there before an oath marathon in February/March.
8- Another possible reason for less oaths in January is JT still processing certificates from the Nov and Dec oaths (many are still waiting for their certificates till now)
9- Ottawa typically do not have long waiting times between DM and Oath scheduling (usually between 1-5 weeks). I did find two cases were DM was done on November 3rd and still didnt get oath invitation. There's a chance they were done by the same processing officer and that officer forgot to move to scheduling queue, but it's unlikely a coincidence that both cases have been waiting for oath for more than three months and both of them had DM on Nov 3rd

On that note, if you are in DM stage and waiting for oath, please share your timelines below. I am hoping some of us will be scheduled by tomorrow or Monday (if a clerk scheduled you on Thursday it would be reflected on Friday, if they schedule you on Friday, it will show the next Monday on your tracker)
Good analysis. Data mining

Reactions: omarnabsws

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Reactions: Dhaka2014

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
I don't mind if it's being shared, I developed it as I was learning web scraping lol
if anyone tweaked my code a bit and it made it more efficient plz share it with me as well.. hehe
Only tweaking I did is that I flipped index 5 and index 6 values,
for some reason, index 5 is the update day and index 6 is the ceremony lol

Reactions: ott-613

phoenix232

Apr 3, 2015
Only tweaking I did is that I flipped index 5 and index 6 values,
for some reason, index 5 is the update day and index 6 is the ceremony lol

0 Language skills In progress
1 Physical presence In progress
2 Background verification In progress
3 Prohibitions In progress
4 Citizenship test Not started
5 Citizenship ceremony Not started
6 Updated: October 13, 2021

lol, and this is for me.. There's a lot of logic and coding involved if I wanted to make everything dynamic .. too lazy to do that

Rai Mazhar Farid Jami

Nov 18, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Pics req 10 Feb, submitted on 16 Feb 2015....Schedule A & PCC request on 29 July2015
Nomination.....
31-12-2014
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
2nd line updated on 29 July 2015
Med's Request
22 January 2016 , RPRF and passport copies
Med's Done....
28 January 2016 and medical received line updated on 12 Feb 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10 February 2016 submitted on 16 Feb
VISA ISSUED...
11 March 2016
LANDED..........
30-01-2017

6- November 2021 had more than usual oaths (probably to clear backlog), unlike Jan 2022 (oaths are not common, only heard about one in Jan 12th)

Excellent analysis. I am also in DM stage, old tracker updated with Decision made but waiting for Oath. Below is my timeline

Applied: 10 Feb 2020
AOR: 07 Aug 2020
Process Started: 21 Oct 2020
Background verification: 20 Jan 2021
Test invite: 21 Sep 2021
Test updated: 14 Oct 2021
Language, presence and prohibitions: 12 Jan 2021

Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa