AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Waiting for the tracker to show "Completed" for the citizenship test. Gave the test 7 days ago. I think I am getting a bit impatient as it might take 2 weeks to 2 months :)
Good luck! mine took about 8 days

Reactions: immg.applicant

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
News from CIC : We are continuing to expand the use of virtual ceremonies. Moving forward, we are exploring an option for those who wish to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
News from CIC : We are continuing to expand the use of virtual ceremonies. Moving forward, we are exploring an option for those who wish to self-administer their Oath by signed attestation, and celebrate their citizenship at a later date. This would shorten the waiting time for those at the final stage of their citizenship process
I hope they are serious about this. Come on , lets sign and finalize, lets Do real ceremony outdoor in the summer. For all of us, now leta get our status completed

Reactions: Nadine_Ottawa

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Where did they say this??
This would be interesting but it says "exploring the option", so theyre not announcing that they will do it now

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
Someone who has been waiting for certificate in ottawa for a while got an email to pick it up on tuesday. Email said if they dont come they will mail the certificate the next day.

I think (i hope rather) ottawa office is aware of the JT delays and are sending this email for people waiting to pick it up. So keep your eyes on your mail box!

On that note, im hoping to see some oath scheduling next week. Please keep us posted if you get scheduled
Update: They just emailed people who were supposed to come pick up their certificates tomorrow that the office will be closed because of the Truckers' demonstrations lol. This office and city are cursed and these truckers really picked the worse time to come and protest here . im really holding back my words on them

ott-613

Dec 16, 2019
Update: They just emailed people who were supposed to come pick up their certificates tomorrow that the office will be closed because of the Truckers' demonstrations lol. This office and city are cursed and these truckers really picked the worse time to come and protest here . im really holding back my words on them
Wow, truckers not leaving any soon they raised over 8 million dollars to cover the cost of this mess of anti vaccers non sense.

ronwahd

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
Gatineau
Guys.. what do you think about the performance of the Ottawa office from now on due to the truckers? They were already slow and now they have a good excuse. I guess the Queen street is closed and it makes hard for the employees to get the office. The protest doesn't seem end soon, they have planned to stay for months. The fund reaches 10 million in next few hours.
I am worried about printing the certificates and scheduling the oath for those ones who are waiting for the oath. Do you think the employees need to go to the office to print and mail the certificates?

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Guys.. what do you think about the performance of the Ottawa office from now on due to the truckers? They were already slow and now they have a good excuse. I guess the Queen street is closed and it makes hard for the employees to get the office. The protest doesn't seem end soon, they have planned to stay for months. The fund reaches 10 million in next few hours.
I am worried about printing the certificates and scheduling the oath for those ones who are waiting for the oath. Do you think the employees need to go to the office to print and mail the certificates?
No clue. I can only guess that they have some sort of online system that they can access from home, for ex, for verifying the citizenship tests etc. Hoping that the agents can then move the application to the next stages via online methods.

omarnabsws

Jan 13, 2016
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
03-01-2017
Passport Req..
17-03-2017
As far as I know, certificate printing takes place in the office. That's why the certificate pick up and mailing was cancelled due to truckers' demo

Thing is, truckers demonstration could last forever and the onus is on IRCC to find alternative ways to send out those certificates, maybe outsource the printing and mailing to another office. People affected by this should email them suggesting it

When it comes to oath scheduling, since I had Decision Made a month ago, ottawa hasnt scheduled a single ceremony as far as we know . Last year they did at least 4 ceremonies a month, some months they did 10. Not sure what's holding them back, but I dont think its the truckers thing, ceremonies can be done from home

Dhaka2014

May 7, 2014
Canada
From my experience, the incompetent Ottawa office just need an excuse to delay their work. And this seems like a perfect excuse since the Afghanistan excuse is exhausted now.

It is very unfortunate. I suggest everyone who is late in getting certificate to reach out to the IRCC minister Sean Fraser. Multiple escalations about a specific office will certainly get some attention.