+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opting Diploma in Canada after studying BE/B-Tech in India (visa rejection)

deanjose309

Jan 1, 2020
Kerala
Hello,

Please advise on opting Diploma after completing BE/B-tech in India. Few agencies told there are chance of visa rejection.

vraram

Nov 11, 2019
Hey !! Please just apply , I applied for a diploma after B.E , that too after having close to 26 Arrears and I too 6 years to finish my degree.
Just make sure your application meets the criteria.
Compile all supporting documents properly etc.,

I got my VISA in 6 days , These agencies themselves arent sure of the process half the time, and all they actually do is put your documents together

Please apply online. the website is self explainatory

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hey !! Please just apply , I applied for a diploma after B.E , that too after having close to 26 Arrears and I too 6 years to finish my degree.
Just make sure your application meets the criteria.
Compile all supporting documents properly etc.,

I got my VISA in 6 days , These agencies themselves arent sure of the process half the time, and all they actually do is put your documents together

Please apply online. the website is self explainatory
Exactly my point... that’s why I say don’t let anyone or someone’s experience discourage you from achieving you dream... what is bad for someone’s else might be the best for you... my own contributions though

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
you need a strong explanation. and since so little info about you is provided i cannot advise you more
well.. take this as an instance...someone had a degree in English Education and graduated back in 2011... been working in the hospitality department since 2012 up till this moment... working in a 5 star hotel... now decided to go Postgraduate Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management (2years)...
is that not a switch in career???
and how can that individual convince the VO plz??

vraram

Nov 11, 2019
ON another note , I did not even add an SOP like most people advice.
But just proper documents to show you have been emplyed and you have been working on something , a proper explaination for your gap. etc.,
My case after my B.E i applied for a diploma in Business .
Please be very specific if you are adding a SOP dont make blunder of it by making a huge letter.
Your point is to study there. And the pre requisite is that you have an admission and means necessary to complete the course.
provided you have thse I dont think the VO will refuse a visa unnecessarily.

Please also makesure your forms are filled out properly.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
well.. take this as an instance...someone had a degree in English Education and graduated back in 2011... been working in the hospitality department since 2012 up till this moment... working in a 5 star hotel... now decided to go Postgraduate Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management (2years)...
is that not a switch in career???
and how can that individual convince the VO plz??
So if you have been working in a 5 star hotel for 7 years why do you now need to come to Canada to learn about Hospitality having been working in hospitality all this time . Question will be asked how this will improve your 7 years work experience when you return home given after all working in a 5 star establishment it would be expected you have all the skills already necessary on your resume.

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
So if you have been working in a 5 star hotel for 7 years why do you now need to come to Canada to learn about Hospitality having been working in hospitality all this time . Question will be asked how this will improve your 7 years work experience when you return home given after all working in a 5 star establishment it would be expected you have all the skills already necessary on your resume.
I believe you know different kind of work is there in a hotel... and people always aim higher like becoming the manager or sort... mind you, having a certificate in hospitality is part of the requirements plus the working experience that will help someone gets promotion early...
don’t forget the person in question study English and is never related to the work he is doing... going for hospitality course in a postgraduate level and not just ordinary diploma is still perfect... my own suggestion

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
ON another note , I did not even add an SOP like most people advice.
But just proper documents to show you have been emplyed and you have been working on something , a proper explaination for your gap. etc.,
My case after my B.E i applied for a diploma in Business .
Please be very specific if you are adding a SOP dont make blunder of it by making a huge letter.
Your point is to study there. And the pre requisite is that you have an admission and means necessary to complete the course.
provided you have thse I dont think the VO will refuse a visa unnecessarily.

Please also makesure your forms are filled out properly.
You really have a point... but having a strong SOP will really help and shed more light on why the switch in career...

highphy

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
An sop isn't a mandatory requirement for applying for a study permit.
Point noted... what works for you might not work for others... I still stand on my point... SOP helps to give more insight on why you pursuing degree in Canada... take it or leave it, it helps in its own little way... I rest my case