+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opportunity for Doctors

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This has gone way off topic. Nobody is discouraging tourism. I believe Alberta decided to postpone advertising in China temporarily because the Chinese news was portraying Canada as an awful place. It was not a good use of their advertising budget. I am sure they will advertising when things settle down. I'm sure there are tons of tourists in Banff as we speak:)

I was talking from the wife's perspective. Her career possibilities would be better in India. You encouraging them to be separated would mean the kids and husband in Canada and the wife in India. In this case it does sound like both are high level professionals. When you encourage a spouse to go to another country to make money and join their family when they stop working we sendup with situations like in Vancouver. Families who are declaring no income but have multimillion dollar homes, fancy cars and don't work. Yes they pay property taxes and sales tax and do contribute to the economy but it is very hard to compete with Chinese tax free money. Normal salaries in Canada, even for successful entrepreneurs, can't compete with the much more unregulated Chinese economy. Imagine how much better things could be in places like BC if the family income was taxed.
No, I didn't encourage the spouse to go to another country to make money. You did. In this case, you encourage the wife to go to Canada. The wife is a doctor in her country, India. What I did say, is that the wife can stay in India to continue her profession and visit Canada often to be with her family (if the husband decided to live with his child in that country). With various new taxes in place in some BC jurisdictions, satellite families who declare little income but have multimillion homes will have to pay $$.

Also, money earned in China is not tax-free. It was in the news that the Chinese taxation authorities chased and detained a Chinese actress who committed tax fraud back in October 2018. China ordered the actress to pay nearly US$130 million for tax evasions, fines, and late fees.