+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Opportunity for Doctors

Ragnarz

Feb 4, 2019
How about teaching or research jobs in Medicine? She is teaching in a very reputed Medical School? How does it work?

Single earning would work. I have some money as well, but she won't want to waste all her years of hard work.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about teaching or research jobs in Medicine? She is teaching in a very reputed Medical School? How does it work?

Single earning would work. I have some money as well, but she won't want to waste all her years of hard work.
You can be a stay at home dad if her earning is greater than you. Since you are IT, couldn't you work from home to get additional income?

Ragnarz

Feb 4, 2019
You can be a stay at home dad if her earning is greater than you.
My question was if she could have a career in a medical college. The issue is not of only one of us working. Somebody asked if she could stay home. I am flexible and can even work from home.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My question was if she could have a career in a medical college. The issue is not of only one of us working. Somebody asked if she could stay home. I am flexible and can even work from home.
Why would she want to start over to have a career in a medical school in Canada if her earning as Doctor back home is way more?

Ragnarz

Feb 4, 2019
Why would she want to start over to have a career in a medical school in Canada if her earning as Doctor back home is way more?
Because our country is a dump? And I am not sure if I want to our kid to grow up here. Of course she wants to stay back, which is why I asked. If she can't have a career, she is not willing to move

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Very unlikely that she could teach. Researchers especially medical researchers often have PhDs. It is a very competitive field in Toronto especially. Your wife should look at whether there might be research opportunities and speak to others in the field and get an honest opinion.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because our country is a dump? And I am not sure if I want to our kid to grow up here. Of course she wants to stay back, which is why I asked. If she can't have a career, she is not willing to move
There are many satellite families in Canada. One spouse with kids in Canada and the other works overseas making good money. If she is visa exempted, she can visit you and child as frequent as she want.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There are many satellite families in Canada. One spouse with kids in Canada and the other works overseas making good money. If she is visa exempted, she can visit you and child as frequent as she want.
Not sure why you are telling people to let their families move to Canada while moving abroad to make more money. We should be encouraging people to remain in Canada and paying into the tax base.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

mahi2020

Oct 7, 2016
Not sure why you are telling people to let their families move to Canada while moving abroad to make more money. We should be encouraging people to remain in Canada and paying into the tax base.
yup....and leave, & go back to their 3rd world countries with no retirement-benefit sharing treaty, just before they r eligible to get any form of pension.

win-win situation.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is not moving abroad to make more money. In this case, moving abroad means to move the wife to Canada.

The wife is in her country making more money. I'm only suggest people to stay in their country if they earn more money than in Canada. We should be however telling more people to visit Canada often. Tourism, in general, boost to local economies.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is not moving abroad to make more money. In this case, moving abroad means to move the wife to Canada.

The wife is in her country making more money. I'm only suggest people to stay in their country if they earn more money than in Canada. We should be however telling more people to visit Canada often. Tourism, in general, boost to local economies.
We should be encouraging people to make money in Canada and pay Canadian income taxes if their families live in Canada and use the infrastructure, education and healthcare and they will eventually be sponsored as well. Tourism dollars for 20 years don't go very far to pay for things like healthcare for their family including themselves in retirement or education for their children. Just look at Vancouver where Canadians have difficulty owning homes. This family doesn't seem to want to be separated and the wife will likely have much better career satisfaction and income in India.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We should be encouraging people to make money in Canada and pay Canadian income taxes if their families live in Canada and use the infrastructure, education and healthcare and they will eventually be sponsored as well. Tourism dollars for 20 years don't go very far to pay for things like healthcare for their family including themselves in retirement or education for their children. Just look at Vancouver where Canadians have difficulty owning homes. This family doesn't seem to want to be separated and the wife will likely have much better career satisfaction and income in India.
It's just from the husband's perspective that made you thought the family does not seem to want to be separated. If you read the first post, it said the wife does not want move to Canada unless she can continue her profession.

Tourism is associated with international politics. Look at Alberta cancels its promotion activities in China in the wake of more than 2 Canadian detained. You cannot underestimate Tourism. Tourism has little to do with Canadian difficulty owning homes in Vancouver.

Like I said, we should be encourage people to visit Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It's just from the husband's perspective that made you thought the family does not seem to want to be separated. If you read the first post, it said the wife does not want move to Canada unless she can continue her profession.

Tourism is associated with international politics. Look at Alberta cancels its promotion activities in China in the wake of more than 2 Canadian detained. You cannot underestimate Tourism. Tourism has little to do with Canadian difficulty owning homes in Vancouver.

Like I said, we should be encourage people to visit Canada.
This has gone way off topic. Nobody is discouraging tourism. I believe Alberta decided to postpone advertising in China temporarily because the Chinese news was portraying Canada as an awful place. It was not a good use of their advertising budget. I am sure they will advertising when things settle down. I'm sure there are tons of tourists in Banff as we speak:)

I was talking from the wife's perspective. Her career possibilities would be better in India. You encouraging them to be separated would mean the kids and husband in Canada and the wife in India. In this case it does sound like both are high level professionals. When you encourage a spouse to go to another country to make money and join their family when they stop working we sendup with situations like in Vancouver. Families who are declaring no income but have multimillion dollar homes, fancy cars and don't work. Yes they pay property taxes and sales tax and do contribute to the economy but it is very hard to compete with Chinese tax free money. Normal salaries in Canada, even for successful entrepreneurs, can't compete with the much more unregulated Chinese economy. Imagine how much better things could be in places like BC if the family income was taxed.