+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open work permit -Rejection 2014 ??

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hello,

I have applied for open work permit on the basis of my husband (as he is studying in canada) and today i got rejection letter and following reasons are given for the rejection ,

1. Your family ties in canada and in your country of residence
2. length of proposed stay in canada
3. Purpose of visit
4. Your personal assets and financial status

In my next application how do i defend these reasons?

Please help me...

savraj

Sep 16, 2014
Hi aivi, um sorry to hear about your rejection... However, these are not the real reasons. To know about the real reasons apply for CAIPS NOTES/GCMS NOTES those will help to apply further.

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hi savraj,
Thank you so much for reply.. well,if i ask for CAIPS/GCMS notes..how much time it will take ?? do u have any idea regarding ?

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
AiVi said:
Hi savraj,
Thank you so much for reply.. well,if i ask for CAIPS/GCMS notes..how much time it will take ?? do u have any idea regarding ?
30 to 40 days for Caips result.

Can you please tell me the timeline?

It was paper application or online application.

Rajan

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
It was paper application.and i have applied through VFS,Pune ..If you apply for OWP through VFS,it takes 20 working days..

Hey,have you applied for SOPW?? Please share your experience and documents submitted.

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC Req: 13-01-2016 Sent:10-02-2016 , SchedA Req & Sent : 11-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Hello,

I applied for my wife's Spousal Open Work Permit online, rejected first as the application form does not give an option to choose Spousal Open Work Permit and was denied stating that you are not eligible, again applied online and again rejected stating the purpose of visit and your personal assets and financial status. However on the online application there is no space to send my documents I have a post graduate open work permit and working in a skilled category, that qualifies my wife but they refused twice without even asking for my documents.

Would it be advisable to do paper application where we can include all supporting documents. Please please help ! Planning to apply third time. will be very helpful if someone can suggest.

heema

Oct 8, 2014
Hello Aivi,

Even I am facing the same situation .My application( Sowp) was rejected twice stating same reasons as yours. doesn't know what they are exactly looking for :(

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Hello to the ladies whose SOWP unfortunately got rejected. Can i get to know the supporting documents you provided in support of your application. May be I could be of help.

A little about me. I applied for study permit for myself and OWP for my wife and we got it in first attempt in 7 days.

Regards,

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
Hi,
In my case, my husband has applied for study permit in march 2014 and I have applied for OWP on 26th sept 2014.

I have submitted following documents,

1. All academic mark sheets ,certificates
2. All degree certificates
3. Internship certificates
4. Experience letter
5. Marriage certificate
6.Funds ( Saving account statement, PF )
7. SOP & reference letter for sponsorship

Husband's document :

1. Husband's college offer letter
2. Passport copy of my husband
3. copy of study

As I have mentioned in my 1st posting, my visa got rejected on the basis of following reasons :

1. Your family ties in canada and in your country of residence
2. length of proposed stay in canada
3. Purpose of visit
4. Your personal assets and financial status

Please help me to understand which extra documents should be their in my next application ??
Pleaseee help me ..

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
Hi,
It seems you have attached all required documents.
I would need to know more about your husbands profile. Which course he is doing there and length of his course and when he started. Who is supporting you financially. Your profile. Are you working or housewife and if working how many years of experience and which industry. And your highest qualification.

Regards,

AiVi

Star Member
Feb 2, 2014
hi coolraman,

Thank u so much for instant reply. Well ,my husband has done MCA and CCNP certification from India and he has been perusing Diploma in Networking and Administration in SAIT, Calgary, Canada. He is having experience of 3.5 yrs in networking field. As well I did my MBA(HR) and I have experience of 2 yrs in India. I left my job in July 2014 because my husband was flying to Canada and off course I had to prepare for my visa documents as well. And my in laws are supporting us financially.

Well, I think, i missed to show our assets and liabilities in my last application. We have only shown bank statements, FD,PF etc
In my opinion those were sufficient funds however I could convince them that I will be back for my family and property.

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
A couple of points you need to use.

In sop you need to be emotional that you are missing your husband and how according to indian traditions couples live together after marriage and you have to mention that you cannot jeopardize your career as you have studied so much and hence you need OWP. You have to also mention that your husband is not able to concentrate as he is having tension of your well being in India.
Try to attach as much documents as possible and attach property papers if you have any.
Clearly mention your length of stay in SOP which is equal to your husband's study period.

I can help you prepare these docs at a nominal fee (3000 rs) in case you want help preparing them.
To be honest all these are subjective issues of rejection and you have to try level best to convince them using SOP and hope for the best.

heema

Oct 8, 2014
Hello Coolraman,

These are the supporting documents which I have submitted

1. Marriage Certificate
2.Wedding Invitation Card
3.Wedding Photographs
4.All education Certificates.
5. Employment certificates
6.Pay slips
7.CA report, Fixed deposite, and bank statements
8.NOC from parents and in laws
9.Medical receipt
10.communication proofs between me and my husband since 2011

Documents from spouse:
1.Study permit visa copy
2.Invitation letter
3.enrollment letter from university
4.admisiison letter
5.tution fee receipt
6.savings account statement
7.student id card and Noc

Our's is a love marriage. We were in relationship since 2011 and got married in 2013 December.My husband is doing his Post Graduation Diploma Course (Mobile Solutions Development (Cooperative Education)) Program and I use to work in India as business developement executive in one of the MNC's since one year and resigned in July