+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit - October Applicants from India

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
heema said:
And one more confusion is to apply for Open work permit or visiting visa. My husband is full time PG student.

I approached many law firms and consultancies. Few say its better to apply visiting first and after that converting it into Open work Permit. Few say Visiting is completely wrong option . confused :(

Kindly advise
I personally feel, applying OWP will be the best option if you intend to take up work after reaching Canada.

If I'm not wrong in TRV application you should provide strong proof that you will return back to your home country after your visit. If you manage to convince the Visa Officer that you will leave after the visit and later on apply for OWP after reaching Canada -Then it is a conflict of interest. And moreover if you want to go there and work then why not tell the same to the Visa Officer?

Again, the above is my personal opinion and I strongly believe it may vary from person to person!

Regards,
K

abhishek4u

Nov 20, 2014
Hey Guys,

I got rejection in Spouse Open Work Permit last month on 16th Jan,2015. No can i apply for Student visa as my wife is there on Student Visa from last 2 months? It takes 3-4 months in whole process like IELTS and n all.

Please give me your suggestions.

Thanks,
Abhishek

Swati26122011

Sep 13, 2012
I am applying for SOWP.

I have got my upfront medical done recently.

I intend to add the name of my husband on my passport in the spouse's name column in order to solidify the proof of my marriage along with the marriage certificate i provide.

Now this would change my passport id and when the application is submitted would conflict with my proof of identity given in the upfront medical exam.

Thus my question is would this create any problem or would they not consider this mild change as alarming as i fear.

Plz help its urgent.

Mohit_ind

Dec 18, 2015
Hi guys

My wife and my 14 month old daughter is out in canada on a student permit till 2017 dec.
I hold a valid visit visa till 2020. I need to apply for SOWP for canada. Here is a brief profile so please advise as what is to be added as in terms of docs.
1. Hold a valid canada visit visa
2. Have my wife's paternal aunt in canada who has sponsored my wife's stay n education and would send me a sponsorship as we'll if required for stay n exp.
3. Traveled over 30 times outside india for work.
4. Self employed since 2004 post my MBA from india so no job experience to attach.
5. Have travelled to developed, developing and under developed economies.
6. Family ties strong.
7. Assets or property papers in place.

Should I go for upfront medical test and is PCC required as I just for my passport renewal done with police verification.

Thank you we'll in advance for your kind responses!