+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open Work Permit - October Applicants from India

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
curious_123 said:
Hello
I am going to apply for my wife's OWP. When I completed the questionnaire, I was asked for the following documents:
-Passport or travel document (required)
-Proof of Medical Exam (required)
-Digital Photo (required)
-Proof of Relationship (required)
-Optional documents
-Total fee is 240 (Work permit + Bio metric)
I just want to double check, if I selected everything correctly and these are the documents I am suppose to get?
Hi,

Looks like, so far you are doing it correct. To make your application stronger and more clearer to the Visa Officer it is advisable to add more supporting documents to your application in the "Optional Documents" section.

Kindly refer my reply to "Rashi" in this thread to get a clear picture on the documents to be submitted.

Do let me know, if you have any additional questions!

Regards,
K

R Kumar

Nov 3, 2014
Hi krubzee,
You are doing a great job helping people here- we all need to share info. to help each other to go through this major process in our life. I was thinking about hiring a lawyer in New Delhi for my wife to apply for spousal open work permit as i am already here and working full time. Should i apply myself online or use an agent?

Here is the list of documents i am sending-

For my Spouse-
marriage certificate
her Bank Fixed deposit- around 12lac
my daughters birth certificate
degree certificate
marriage pics
after marriage traveling pics
her passport and all stamped pages
my daughters passport
letter of explanation
upfront medical

MY Docs-
Job letter
pay stub
3 months bank statement
owner ship of my house
passport
my open work permit
my TRV
Sponsorship letter
Tax statements from Canadian revenue agency

Please let me know if i need some thing else? not sure if i need to include police clearance certificate for my wife?

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hi krubzee

Thank you so much all the help. You have no idea how great it feels to consult with some one who is facing the same issue. I have few more question for you

-My wife's visit visa got rejected recently because of :

Your travel history
• Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
• Limited employment prospects in your country of residence
• Your current employment situation
• Your personal assets and financial status

Now I will be applying for OWP since I am working in NOC B category. How can I improve or tackle the reasons

-I saw your answer

"For strong ties in home country - people generally attach current employment details along with a letter from employer stating that you are expected to join after a long leave(NA in your case), proof of assets(land/house documents, car/vehicle documents). For OWP I'm not sure if you need to attach this document as you are applying for an OWP to go and work in Canada and stay there as long as your husband stays there"

+It explains certain points but how do I tackle the points :

-She just completed her masters in pharmacy and currently working as an School teacher.

Thank you

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hey R.Kumar

I do not know if the police clearance is necessary or compulsory but in my research I found most of the people provided. If it is not much trouble, I would suggest you to include it as well.

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
curious_123 said:
Hi krubzee

Thank you so much all the help. You have no idea how great it feels to consult with some one who is facing the same issue. I have few more question for you

-My wife's visit visa got rejected recently because of :

Your travel history
• Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
• Your personal assets and financial status

Now I will be applying for OWP since I am working in NOC B category. How can I improve or tackle the reasons

-I saw your answer

"For strong ties in home country - people generally attach current employment details along with a letter from employer stating that you are expected to join after a long leave(NA in your case), proof of assets(land/house documents, car/vehicle documents). For OWP I'm not sure if you need to attach this document as you are applying for an OWP to go and work in Canada and stay there as long as your husband stays there"

+It explains certain points but how do I tackle the points :

-She just completed her masters in pharmacy and currently working as an School teacher.

Thank you
Many thanks! In fact this is a mutual win win situation as even my doubts are getting cleared by the questions asked by others in this forum...

Coming back to your question, the reasons for rejection look more like a generic one.

To get a proper report on the rejection reasons it is better to get CAIPS Notes. Please refer the below thread for more details.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-order-caips-notes-t72568.0.html

However, I would suggest you to apply for OWP with all the listed supporting documents(refer my previous post in the same thread). Rejection of your wife's Visit Visa doesn't affect her OWP application. All the best!

Regards,
K

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi Krubzee

Thanks alot for giving so much of information and clearing doubts. I checked with my lawyer i can't send any additional docs until embassy asks for it. So i will wait.

What about your OWP !!! Hope you are receiving it soon.

Best wishes

Vagaur

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Many Thanks for your wishes Vagaur :)

It's been 2 months now. Hopefully, I'll be getting an update from CIC very soon!

Cheers,
K

kevin petersen

Jul 27, 2012
Hey Krubzee

My wife already did bio-metric during her TRV, does she have to do it again when she apply for OWP?

Thanks buddy

tandi

Star Member
Aug 27, 2014
I have applied for Spouse Open Work Permit on July 29, but didn't get any response from cic, what is the processing time for this process.

If someone has this same kinda experience so please share. I don't know how to contact and where to get the status of my application.

Really hard to get updates for online application.

(Applied online from Canada- Spouse is in India- application will be done from India or from Canada)...please help ??

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
kevin petersen said:
Hey Krubzee

My wife already did bio-metric during her TRV, does she have to do it again when she apply for OWP?

Thanks buddy
Hi Kevin,

What is the status of your wife's TRV? Was it already approved and she has traveled to Canada?
If yes, then she doesn't need to give bio-metrics again.

Below is a quote from CIC website which is relevant to your situation, wherein it states people are exempted from giving bio-metrics
"
If you are from one of the countries or territory above, you do not need to give your biometrics to visit Canada if you are:
- already in Canada and are eligible to apply for a visitor (temporary resident) visa, study permit or work permit to an office in Canada."

Hope this answers your question!

Regards,
K

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
tandi said:
I have applied for Spouse Open Work Permit on July 29, but didn't get any response from cic, what is the processing time for this process.

If someone has this same kinda experience so please share. I don't know how to contact and where to get the status of my application.

Really hard to get updates for online application.

(Applied online from Canada- Spouse is in India- application will be done from India or from Canada)...please help ??
Hi Tandi,

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting for an update from CIC!
It's been very long, you can submit a "Case Specific Enquiry". Flow the steps in the below link to submit the same.

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

To answer your question on online application processing center - you can check what answer you entered for the below question in the OWP application form
#9. Country where applying: Same as current country of residence? No/Yes
I assume you would've selected Yes - In that case it would be India
If you had selected No then you would've specified the country where you want the application to be processed.

Hope, you are clear now!

Regards,
K

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
kevin petersen said:
Hey bud

Actually her TRV was rejected and she is out side Canada. So i understand she need to do it one more time???/
Oops! Sorry to hear about the rejection Kevin.

Yes, your wife should give bio-metrics again. Please find the extract from CIC website, regarding your question below.

"Will I need to go in person to give my fingerprints and photograph each time I apply?
Yes. CIC asks you to give your biometrics so we can make sure no one else can use your identity to apply. It helps visa officers to verify your identity."

Regards,
K

DeH

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Krubzee said:
Hi Fellow applicants!

Creating a new thread to track the timeline for Open Work Permit applications made online/paper from India.

All the best for all those who have applied and are eagerly awaiting their Visa!!!

_______
Krubzee
hey Krubzee,

I have applied for Spouse OWP on 13th November and i am eagerly waiting for the visa.

One of my friend had also applied for Spouse OWP in September, but hers got rejected last week stating the below reason.
'You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the regulations
exempting you from the requirement obtain a work permit or that your employment in Canada comes
within the exceptions to section 203 of the regulations. As a result, your offer of employment must be the
subject of an economic effect determination before a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in
Canada should contact he local office of the Department of Human Resources and Skills Development
Canada to begin this process.'

Her husband is studying in Canada and she had applied for SOWP.
How does this apply for SOWP? Any idea how she can reapply to make her case stronger? Others please help.