+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Open-work permit for applying MPNP questions, need help!

liangxibobo

Mar 8, 2024
Hello there, may I know that if my husband hold the open work permit, he got an full time job offer as a sales, but there is one year term contract, can he apply for MPNP in that case? I see on the official site " Ongoing Manitoba employment means that you possess a valid work permit and a Manitoba company has offered you a full-time, long-term job after you have completed at least six months (continuous) full-time employment with that company as a temporary foreign worker or international student working graduate." I am not sure what is long term job define as? Is that only permanent job can be considered as long-term job?

Thank you so much!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello there, may I know that if my husband hold the open work permit, he got an full time job offer as a sales, but there is one year term contract, can he apply for MPNP in that case? I see on the official site " Ongoing Manitoba employment means that you possess a valid work permit and a Manitoba company has offered you a full-time, long-term job after you have completed at least six months (continuous) full-time employment with that company as a temporary foreign worker or international student working graduate." I am not sure what is long term job define as? Is that only permanent job can be considered as long-term job?

Thank you so much!
Permanent would be a job until you at least have PR or longer.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you! So could we use his one year term job to apply for MPNP?
So has your spouse worked there 6 months and has another year left on the contract? Is employer eligible and willing to support nomination? What pathway? Is score high enough for nomination? High rate for refusal given processing times for nomination and PR which will be over a year. The job would not even cover the nomination period processing time.

liangxibobo

Mar 8, 2024
So has your spouse worked there 6 months and has another year left on the contract? Is employer eligible and willing to support nomination? What pathway? Is score high enough for nomination? High rate for refusal given processing times for nomination and PR which will be over a year. The job would not even cover the nomination period processing time.
We just received the offer, did not start yet. This job offer can be renew every year, but as the term end date is just about one year, so I wonder if this qualify as a long-term job.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We just received the offer, did not start yet. This job offer can be renew every year, but as the term end date is just about one year, so I wonder if this qualify as a long-term job.
Ask employer to change job to permanent until PR. A one year contract is not really long-term given the processing times for PR. He can try and apply. Assume score is high enough for nomination.

liangxibobo

Mar 8, 2024
Ask employer to change job to permanent until PR. A one year contract is not really long-term given the processing times for PR. He can try and apply. Assume score is high enough for nomination.
Thank you! We will try that if can be changed to a long-term job, I appreciate for your help!

Shahadat ali

Sep 12, 2022
Bangladesh
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Job seekers
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes