+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

open or close work permit after PNP a approval?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
pichayab6 said:
Hello Silvia,

It seems that I'm in a similar situation as you were before. What kind of work permit did you have before the SINP nomination?
In my case I got a 3 year-PGOWP (valid until June 2017) then got nominated through SINP WITH an employer restriction. I have applied for a PR (paper-based) and have received my AOR in Dec 2016.
In order to receive another work permit, is a closed work permit LMIA exempt with the code T13 my only option?
It would be greatly appreciated if you, or any of you folks, would kindly give me some guidance on extending a closed-work permit; a link to the page would be sufficient. :)
Yes. If your PNP is employer restricted (SINP with job offer definitely falls in that category) then you are not eligible in BOWP

PNP work permit LMIA-exempted with condition T13 is the only option. This is exactly what I have done as well

Reactions: pichayab6

pichayab6

Apr 10, 2017
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
19-08-2016
Nomination.....
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
mf4361 said:
Yes. If your PNP is employer restricted (SINP with job offer definitely falls in that category) then you are not eligible in BOWP

PNP work permit LMIA-exempted with condition T13 is the only option. This is exactly what I have done as well
That is very helpful, thank you so much!

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I applied for PR on August 2016 and got my file number on December 2016. My PGWP is expiring on 25 June, 2017. I am a Provincial nominee from Alberta. In the PNP letter it says there is NO RESTRICTIONS ON EMPLOYMENT.

Am I eligible to apply for BOWP?
If so, What documents do I need to apply for BOWP?
When I try to do it online it ask me for the following documents:
-Letter of Support from Province or Territory
-Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered
-Employer Questionnaire and Declaration
Do I need all these documents?
YOUR RESPONSE WILL BE HIGHLY APPRICIATED

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
susanwy said:
:( :( :( :( :( :(applied BOWP on March 9th. No update at all. Current work permit expired on May 9th. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Hi what documents did you submit? can you please reply. I am trying to apply BOWP. I have PR file number and no restrictions on employment. My PGWP is expiring in two month.

susanwy

Jan 29, 2017
namushyuu said:
Hi what documents did you submit? can you please reply. I am trying to apply BOWP. I have PR file number and no restrictions on employment. My PGWP is expiring in two month.
Hi just the forms same when you applied for Work permit+ nomination letter +AOR

ROOOOOney

Apr 21, 2017
Agra said:
I have a question I got the OINP nomination certificated and also applied for PNP based PR. I cannot apply for a Post graduate work permit since I had that before. My question is how do I get a work permit then and continue working till my Permanent Residence is processed. My process takes 15 months and it's hard to stay here all the time as visitor. Is anyone in the situation as me. Thank you
I am in the situation as you were. What did you end up doing to bridge the gap? I'm thinking Bridge Open Work Permit after I get my file number. But it might be not long enough for me.

Thanks

colourfulcanada

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Swift Current
Visa Office......
Don't Know
NOC Code......
Waiting
App. Filed.......
30-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Waiting
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Waiting
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello Guys,

Please help me , I would like to apply closed work permit online but I am stuck at Determine your eligibility and apply page as whatever options I select for those answer it is taking me to either Temporary resident Visa or Open Work Permit ?

Can any one in the group help me to apply my closed work permit online ??

PLz Help

May 13, 2017
as you said, she has ''post graduate work permit''. I think that's a different history.

Also , it doesnt matter if a friend has something or not. For example, IEC applicants are not entitle to bring their dependants with them. They can do it, but they wont get a work permit just cuz you got the Young professional visa. However, I know a friend whose boyfriend got a open work permit. He was lucky. Doesnt mean it will be applied to everybody.

If a pnp nomination was based on a job offer, then there is job restriction and the work permit will be restricted to that employer.

I am talking by experience. ;). I wish I didnt have that restriction on my WP.
hi
can you please help
i have my current work permit expiring on 15 sep
i have nomination , from ontario restricted expiry nov 2017
i have AOR for paper based PR
Can i apply for open or closed workpermit and how ?
please help

Ivan ruiz

Jun 9, 2018
Hello, I need your help, I was nominated OINP, but I get new job with other company. Anyone have got any similar experience? I am worried I do not know what I have to do. I will lose my nomination. Please help me out

Nihal262000

Nov 30, 2021
Hello everyone, I applied Paper based PNP based PR and got my AOR, on my PNP certificate it written “ Restriction On Employment “ NO. My bounded work-permit expire on 24th November 2022.
Am I eligible for Open work permit?

Nihal262000

Nov 30, 2021
Hello everyone, I applied Paper based PNP based PR and got my AOR, on my PNP certificate it written “Restrictions On Employment” NO. My bounded work permit expires on 24th November 2022.
Am I eligible for Open work permit right now? I want to apply it now. Suggestions please

Dec 9, 2023
i would like to seek for advice, my PGWP is expiring in 7th feb 2024 and I got notice of interest from ontario nomination office and i have submitted my OINP application. Any idea what I should do now? since my PGWP expiring while waiting for OINP nomination approval . But then one of the requirements for OINP is that I will need to stay employed with my current company until I have received my PR. But I will need to stop working when my PGWP expires.

My employer does support LMIA and also my employer dont want to apply for LMIA Exempt offer.

Please guide , can you do anything in this case?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i would like to seek for advice, my PGWP is expiring in 7th feb 2024 and I got notice of interest from ontario nomination office and i have submitted my OINP application. Any idea what I should do now? since my PGWP expiring while waiting for OINP nomination approval . But then one of the requirements for OINP is that I will need to stay employed with my current company until I have received my PR. But I will need to stop working when my PGWP expires.

My employer does support LMIA and also my employer dont want to apply for LMIA Exempt offer.

Please guide , can you do anything in this case?
Where does OINP state you need to stay employed with your company?