+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP is it worth it ????

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
Hi all,
I recreated my EE profile yesterday and got OOPNP letter today, but now the quetion is wheather its worth to try or just sit and wait till points go down (if they go down :) )

1. Cost is 1500$ and processing time 3 months
2. Fee is not refundable
They said there will be 2700 nominations from ON, do you think they will send just 2700 invitation letters or they will send lots of them and process just 2700?
Also what if we wont meet Ontario tights request?
3. I am eligible for CEC with 418 points, should we just wait for CEC specific draw?

Share your thoughts on this plese. :)

chechi_298

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
06-10-2015
LANDED..........
12-11-15
I'm with you. I share the same concerns. I have no doubt that I will receive a letter if I withdraw and recreate my profile, but currently at 464 and wondering if an ITA without this OOPNP could possibly come sooner than the 3 mth processing time. I would also benefit from a CEC-specific draw as this would be less costly than the $1500 associated with applying for OOPNP. Not to mention, that even if Ontario expresses their interest, receiving nomination is NOT guaranteed. Any advice is welcome.

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
chechi_298 said:
I'm with you. I share the same concerns. I have no doubt that I will receive a letter if I withdraw and recreate my profile, but currently at 464 and wondering if an ITA without this OOPNP could possibly come sooner than the 3 mth processing time. I would also benefit from a CEC-specific draw as this would be less costly than the $1500 associated with applying for OOPNP. Not to mention, that even if Ontario expresses their interest, receiving nomination is NOT guaranteed. Any advice is welcome.
well....wouldnt you get if you have a complete application?

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
chechi_298 said:
I can understand your apprehensions guys..$1500 in not a small amount. Besides, an invite does not guarantee PNP. I would suggest waiting for 40 days for an EE ITA and apply if it does not come your way then go ahead with the OOPNP.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
also one more thing to add even if you get pnp from ON you still have to manage your status by your own until you get fedrel PR. So getting PNP doesnt gurrantee that you can stay in Ontario. so for people whose status is about to expire and they are waiting for EE draws this thing will not help that much i guess also it is a waste of 3 months so 6+3 months and a long wait of 4-5 months to get ITA so this system is crap. It takes more time than previous old CEC class system where you were getting PR in 10-12 months without any hard time of wait and anxiousness. Also this thing cost $1500 so its a profit game for them. so Pr cost increases to $2500 including EE fees which was not the case before.
They know people sitting around 400 -480 are anxiously waiting for next draw and they are very unsure due to last 9th draw and so people will anyhow accept their new proposal of so called OOPNP and they will earn a lot of profit at the end. Why did they introduced after 6 months and at that moment when people are losing their hopes from draws as last month they did only 1 draw and score went whopping high from 453 to 755. This shows their bad tactics and just a way to earn money before their last term in govt.

sensay

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
ntwkengg said:
also one more thing to add even if you get pnp from ON you still have to manage your status by your own until you get fedrel PR. So getting PNP doesnt gurrantee that you can stay in Ontario. so for people whose status is about to expire and they are waiting for EE draws this thing will not help that much i guess also it is a waste of 3 months so 6+3 months and a long wait of 4-5 months to get ITA so this system is crap. It takes more time than previous old CEC class system where you were getting PR in 10-12 months without any hard time of wait and anxiousness. Also this thing cost $1500 so its a profit game for them. so Pr cost increases to $2500 including EE fees which was not the case before.
They know people sitting around 400 -480 are anxiously waiting for next draw and they are very unsure due to last 9th draw and so people will anyhow accept their new proposal of so called OOPNP and they will earn a lot of profit at the end. Why did they introduced after 6 months and at that moment when people are losing their hopes from draws as last month they did only 1 draw and score went whopping high from 453 to 755. This shows their bad tactics and just a way to earn money before their last term in govt.
Well said. They know they cant keep up the points more than 600 for longer and now they introducing all these new factors.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
Monija said:
Hi all,
I recreated my EE profile yesterday and got OOPNP letter today, but now the quetion is wheather its worth to try or just sit and wait till points go down (if they go down :) )

2. Fee is not refundable
They said there will be 2700 nominations from ON, do you think they will send just 2700 invitation letters or they will send lots of them and process just 2700?
3. I am eligible for CEC with 418 points, should we just wait for CEC specific draw?

I want to add one more thing. Each province has a set quota of PNPs they can give. For example BC can only do 5500 which includes all of their programs and same goes for each province. So definetely the score will come down EVENTUALLY!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ntwkengg said:
So getting PNP doesnt gurrantee that you can stay in Ontario. so for people whose status is about to expire and they are waiting for EE draws this thing will not help that much i guess also it is a waste of 3 months so 6+3 months and a long wait of 4-5 months to get ITA so this system is crap.
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNOMINEES.html

There are never any guarantees of course, but OO will support work permit applications if you receive a nomination -
- if you have a job offer in Ontario, you are LMIA exempt and can apply for a TWP
- if you earned a masters or PhD in Ontario, you may be eligible for an open work permit

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNOMINEES.html

There are never any guarantees of course, but OO will support work permit applications if you receive a nomination -
- if you have a job offer in Ontario, you are LMIA exempt and can apply for a TWP
- if you earned a masters or PhD in Ontario, you may be eligible for an open work permit
I think anyone who lives/wants to live in Ontario, who meets the criteria, and who has the $1500 should do it. You can stay on EE without it and see if you get a regular offer, but it isn't true that the points have to come down - CIC does not have to send any certain number of ITAs, and they certainly have slowed down lately. We are almost halfway through the year, and points have never been lower than 453. If I didn't have an ITA already, I would be jumping at this chance, not waiting and seeing if, later, I might want it, after all the nominations have been handed out.

Monija

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
I was trying to find if there are any restrictions about moving to other provinces after OOPNP but couldnt find anything.

Anyone know something about it?

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
Monija said:
I was trying to find if there are any restrictions about moving to other provinces after OOPNP but couldnt find anything.

Anyone know something about it?
I don't think so. The Canadian constitution gives the resident the power to move freely within the country. So I don't think any such rule would exist where they would stop you to move anywhere else.

Azoba

Apr 10, 2015
doobie.doobie said:
I don't think so. The Canadian constitution gives the resident the power to move freely within the country. So I don't think any such rule would exist where they would stop you to move anywhere else.
You are very right, my friend!! What I heard, though, from people who are going through the citizenship process, is that they kinda look at you a bit different if you entered through one province's program and moves to another one (may dificult or deny you citizenship app) ... So I guess it's a matter of you really wanting to be a citizen or being ok as a PR forever...

Now (with all due respect to all members and with no offence PLEASE!!!) I have to ask... Aren't we all wanting to live in canada partly to stay away from the little "circunventions" and quick fixes people find for their problems? It is one thing to, after establishing yourself in Ontario, receive a kickass job offer in Alberta and head out there... Another is "using Ontario" as a way into Canada and going straight to another province... I guess assimilation starts before the ITA... Just saying...

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fellow Mates,

Is this open for candidates outside of Canada who never had Ontario expreience nor education (for that matter Canadian experience nor ediucation)

Raphealvw

Jan 18, 2015
Monija said:
Hi all,

2. Fee is not refundable

Hi Monija,
Why did you have to recreate your profile? Shouldn't OOPNP select an existing EE profile?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raphealvw said:
Hi Monija,
Why did you have to recreate your profile? Shouldn't OOPNP select an existing EE profile?
OOPNP can only "see" EE applications uploaded on or after June 1. So if you made yours before then, you have to delete and recreate to be eligible.