+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP French-Speaking Skilled Workers Stream

pessacanada

Champion Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hello everybody!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend. I'm really interested in Ontario French Speaking Provincial nomination program, and for this reason I did take my TEF Canada some time ago, but sadly I got CLB6 in Reading section by missing 17 points :mad:. But with my bad handwriting I wrote my 1st task almost 160 words (80 words minimum) and second one was 320 words (200 words minimum), now I understood I didn't respect the word limiting. However I could have reached CLB 8 but missed by 2 points for overwriting and awful handwriting, so the result was CLB7. Listening part was good too, I got CLB7 but those 3 long conversations were difficult a little bit. My speaking was almost fluent, I got CLB9 and it was so easy to me, if I try a little bit more, I can get CLB 10.
So my full results with some preparation were:
- Listening : 261 (CLB7 :)) = did only 2 tests as preparation;
- Reading : 190 (CLB6 :() = learnt just some new words; (during test I got very hard long texts)
- Writing : 347 (CLB7 :)) = wrote 2 for task A and 2 for task B;
- Speaking : 378 (CLB9 ;)) = did not train at all.
This was my story, and now I want to retake this test in November (I'll book it next week may be), I believe I didn't deserve that CLB6, because my French is good enough to get CLB7 in all 4 sections.

I see here, there are a lot of experienced people got their CLB7 in TEF, and I would like to ask some help from you all: Could you please share your preparation methods or any technical tips with me? I would be pleased if anyone can send me some useful links, books (online or name so I can buy or get from the library) or any other sources. I got some information from the following book:
- Objectif réussite : TEF - Test d'évaluation de français, 2001;
- TEF 250 activités, 2006.
Apart from those 2 books, I couldn't find any other books directly related to TEF test.
Many thanks in advance for your help and wish you all the best and good luck in your nomination process. Hope to meet you all in Toronto, ON. :)

Last edited:

RoyBa

Mar 21, 2017
I received email from CIC asking me to provide IMM5562F (Renseignements supplémentaires - liste des voyages) during the next 7 days.
Its strange, bcs I've already listed my trips in the application form.

Last edited:

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
I received email from CIC asking me to provide IMM5562F (Renseignements supplémentaires - liste des voyages) during the next 7 days.
Its strange, bcs I've already listed my trips in the application form.
Same happened to me. No idea why.

Rover1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
30-05-2017
AOR Received.
03-07-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-07-2017
Same happened to me. No idea why.
Did CIC ask for travel details for more than the last 10 years or for same period?
Were you a Government employee at some point in time?
Did you travel frequently and to many different countries and there is reason to believe that PCC could be required for other countries also (total stay > 6 months)?

or

Their commitment to process 80% applications within six months starts from the day all documents have been received. I hope the additional document request is not a ploy just to meet statistical figures.

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Did CIC ask for travel details for more than the last 10 years or for same period? No, the form mentions the 10 years
Were you a Government employee at some point in time? No
Did you travel frequently and to many different countries and there is reason to believe that PCC could be required for other countries also (total stay > 6 months)? No

or

Their commitment to process 80% applications within six months starts from the day all documents have been received. I hope the additional document request is not a ploy just to meet statistical figures. I don't think so

LKNguyen

May 15, 2017
My 4-month long outland application of French-speaking stream nomination (I have never been to Canada so far)

26/4/2017: took TEF Canada
13/5/2017: took IELTS general
20/5/2017: applied for WES ECA
31/5/2017: one-year working experience qualified
20/6/2017: build Express Entry profile
23/6/2017: NOI from Ontario
7/8/2017: Applied for nomination
14/8/2017: Resume Requested
21/8/2017: Resume Received notification
23/8/2017: Nomination
24/8/2017: Accepted
26/8/2017: Nomination recognized by Express Entry

Reactions: tanit

tanit

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Hi guys
weird question but I need to stay on the safe side :
I accepted ITA after nomination , and I have 60 days left to apply , but my IELTS expires in 20 days
I think I could not apply for eAPR before my IELTS expires
Still I have the TEF exam valid for December which gives me more time

Do you guys think I can apply for PR with only TEF results valid ? (NO IELTS)

PS: Banking problems ....

PaulRich

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
15-05-2017
Nomination.....
27-05-2017
Hi guys
I accepted ITA after nomination , and I have 60 days left to apply , but my IELTS expires in 20 days

Hi Tanit,

I think it's all about THE EFFECT that the expiry of IELTS will have on your CRS SCORE. Provincial nominees have the advantage of the 600 points, which really gives them a big step ahead in terms of CRS score. However, YOU STILL NEED TO MEET THE MINIMUM ENTRY CRITERIA (MEC) after your IELTS expiry. You can use the online tool to recalculate your score ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp).
If everything is fine with MEC (and you should be fine since your TEF is still valid) then you may not worry about expiry of IELTS. Check the link below for CIC take on this.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/invite.asp

Lets hear what others think
Good luck!

tanit

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
Hi Tanit,

I think it's all about THE EFFECT that the expiry of IELTS will have on your CRS SCORE. Provincial nominees have the advantage of the 600 points, which really gives them a big step ahead in terms of CRS score. However, YOU STILL NEED TO MEET THE MINIMUM ENTRY CRITERIA (MEC) after your IELTS expiry. You can use the online tool to recalculate your score ( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp).
If everything is fine with MEC (and you should be fine since your TEF is still valid) then you may not worry about expiry of IELTS. Check the link below for CIC take on this.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/invite.asp

Lets hear what others think
Good luck!
Thank you PaulRich , as always :) , you just opened my eyes mate

It's true that the 600 points advantage is great BUT CIC will still check the eligibility of the six selection factor :

"Express Entry candidates are scored using the Comprehensive Ranking System. If your skills and experience qualify you as a federal skilled worker, we will also assess you on six selection factors.
If you score 67 points or higher (out of 100), you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker.
If you score lower than the pass mark of 67 points, you won’t qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker."

so once ITA is received and accepted the six selection factor is the key for eligibility, and since my score is so close to 67 , I need those 4 points from IELTS ( snif snif , 20 days left, unless I retake IELTS pffffff )

Last edited:

PaulRich

Star Member
Jan 21, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2017
Doc's Request.
15-05-2017
Nomination.....
27-05-2017
Thank you PaulRich , as always :) , you just opened my eyes mate

It's true that the 600 points advantage is great BUT CIC will still check the eligibility of the six selection factor :

"Express Entry candidates are scored using the Comprehensive Ranking System. If your skills and experience qualify you as a federal skilled worker, we will also assess you on six selection factors.
If you score 67 points or higher (out of 100), you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker.
If you score lower than the pass mark of 67 points, you won’t qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker."

so once ITA is received and accepted the six selection factor is the key for eligibility, and since my score is so close to 67 , I need those 4 points from IELTS ( snif snif , 20 days left, unless I retake IELTS pffffff )
Sorry to hear that IELTS expiry would affect your MEC. In that case you need to keep a close watch on factors that are likely to affect your score and act before they do.

Best of luck

Alex92

Aug 5, 2017
Hello everyone

I m preparing my document in order to send to Ontario

I have a question regarding the work experience document , i had 1 year experience with following document :

• job employment letter mentioning the duration( 1 year) and the title but without without mentioning the working hours and responsibilities ( in french)
  • Job contract ( in french)
  • Pay slip 11 month ( in french)
  • Also the job vacancy for the position from there official web site including all responsibilities neede. Can these documents be accepted without the form required? Would it be accepted to send this document after submitting my application until I receive it from the HR .

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

If you have nomination in the French stream IELTS is a must. But with that said all you need is any valid IELTS with CBL 6 or better.
Thing is that also French stream does not have points requirements, they still have requirements for the stream as such and one of them is the bilinguality. So either submit before expire of the IELTS or reject and redo the IELTS test.
In case of retaking IELTS I would also advise you to inform ontario about your new test results. I know for sure, that they do recheck your nomination with your province.

Good luck.

Rover1

Star Member
Jan 26, 2017
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-02-2017
Doc's Request.
17-05-2017
Nomination.....
30-05-2017
AOR Received.
03-07-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Done....
01-07-2017
Hi guys
Just submitted eAPR :) one step closer, hope everything goes well.

Best of luck to you all
Wish you all the best