+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OOPNP French-Speaking Skilled Workers Stream

Christina4

Jul 26, 2016
Thank you vensak !
What is A112 and LVO ?

Any feeling how fast the federal process moves timewise ? I have gathered almost all necessary ITA documents so as not to waste any more time . Any tips for the future ? I know I am really getting ahead of myself as I dont even have nomination yet , it's just that I want to make sure things process as fast as possible ( my oldest dauhter would be on 11th grade next year , and I am hoping she could start school on time )

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Christina4 said:
Thank you vensak !
What is A112 and LVO ?

Any feeling how fast the federal process moves timewise ? I have gathered almost all necessary ITA documents so as not to waste any more time . Any tips for the future ? I know I am really getting ahead of myself as I dont even have nomination yet , it's just that I want to make sure things process as fast as possible ( my oldest dauhter would be on 11th grade next year , and I am hoping she could start school on time )
1. Send them results of your husband IELTS ASAP per email.
2. I am estimating, that if you got that possibility, they will decide on your file fast after that (maybe within 2 to 3 weeks).
3. Nomination itself can be accepted within 1 day
4. ITA will be received within 3 weeks (depending when will you get your nomination - but count more like 1 day to 2 weeks).
5. After that it really depends on your background. (any government job history or military history will put it in a detailed check. which can be 6 to 15 months). But if you are a simple case, you will get PPR like after 4 to 5 months after your AOR.

How to speed up federal process:
1. check documents in detail so nothing is missing.
2. put down clear LOE for things that might be not clear (but simple enough so that they dont have to read lot of pages).
3. prepare scan of your ECA, diplomas and translations of diplomas if needed. And also scan of your IELTS and TEF results (even if ECA and those language tests are not needed for application, they do ask for them frequently and so they will already have them).
4. Make your travelling list. that is something that you have to fill in together with your personal history (similar like for OINP) and adress history. From that list you will be able to identify all needed PCC.
4. prepare all your PCC (excet the one from your current country). Make sure to consult CIC webpage in order to check what exactly is needed from which country (they were some rejections because incorrect PCC was forwarded). If you need one that will take too long to get you need to make application and add explanation about the leadtime of it or that you were rejected.
5. medical - this one I do advice only to do after you get your nomination
6. when sending your application add also Schedule 4 - intent to reside in the province. You will add it as a scan together with your LOE. Again, they do ask for that one frequently.
7. if you choose to pay your RPRF together with the application fee, that might also help with the delay, where they will be waiting for those fees.

other than that there is nothing much else you can do to speed up your application.

You will soon join the others that are waiting every day for any change in their application and counting days and other things.

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2017 and 03-May-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
Emilie said:
Hi everybody
Damocles, have made an update of your tracking file? If yes, where can I find it?
Thanks a lot.
Hi Emilie,

I have been a bit away from the forum due to some work load. I will update the tracking list and try to compile the list I promised during this weekend.

By the way, finally, my medical just passed today in my eAPR profile. It has been a long wait! :)

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Damocles said:
Hi Emilie,

I have been a bit away from the forum due to some work load. I will update the tracking list and try to compile the list I promised during this weekend.

By the way, finally, my medical just passed today in my eAPR profile. It has been a long wait! :)
Nice. Good progress for you.

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
vensak said:
Nice. Good progress for you.
Thanks!!

I just want to clarify the 4 item ( the second 4) in your response to Christina4.
I think she would need the PCC of her current country if she is currently living there or has lived there for more than 6 month since she turned 18 years. Unless that country is Canada.

Christina4

Jul 26, 2016
Vensak , thanks for your reply ! One more question , is it possible after ITA to travel to Ontario on a tourist visa to do some preliminary settlement research , or is that not advisable until PPR ?

Christina4

Jul 26, 2016
Thanks Damocles . I have already gathered all PCC including my home country . I still need a letter from my bank , as I think that bank statements alone do not suffice , and a couple of translations (marriage certificate etc) . also my children;s passports will expire in June , so it is probably wise to renew them before uploading them after Ita

Damocles

Jul 22, 2016
Johannesburg
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Pretoria?
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-Jul-2016
Doc's Request.
09-Dec-2016
Nomination.....
16-Dec-2016
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-Mar-2017
Christina4 said:
Vensak , thanks for your reply ! One more question , is it possible after ITA to travel to Ontario on a tourist visa to do some preliminary settlement research , or is that not advisable until PPR ?
If you already have the tourist visa in your passport, I do not see why not. I would be nice to prepare by doing a LSD (Look, See and Decide) trip before you relocate. I do not know about applying for one when you submit your eAPR though.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Damocles said:
Thanks!!

I just want to clarify the 4 item ( the second 4) in your response to Christina4.
I think she would need the PCC of her current country if she is currently living there or has lived there for more than 6 month since she turned 18 years. Unless that country is Canada.
Yes, my bad, I put 2x point 4. And yes she will need that as well, but that one is better to request after Nomination (then she will be sure that she will get ITA Fast).

As for your visit to Ontario. Why not it can be a good idea.
If you are visa exempt, all you need is travelling ETA. That one is easy to be done. Just consider, that at some point you might need to send your passport to your LVO.
If you need visa, you can still apply for tourist visa and even state it as exploratory viisit. You just need to be clear in your LOE with your visa application, that you do not intent to stay there without valid PR and should your PR be rejected you do plan to return home (more or less, do not cut off your country ties yet).

But hey, Ontario PNP have 98% success rate with the PR applications.

Bosco0808

Apr 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dont Know
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09 Dec 16
Doc's Request.
26 Jan 17
Nomination.....
27 Feb 17
IELTS Request
Upfront
As for your visit to Ontario. Why not it can be a good idea.
If you are visa exempt, all you need is travelling ETA. That one is easy to be done. Just consider, that at some point you might need to send your passport to your LVO.
If you need visa, you can still apply for tourist visa and even state it as exploratory viisit. You just need to be clear in your LOE with your visa application, that you do not intent to stay there without valid PR and should your PR be rejected you do plan to return home (more or less, do not cut off your country ties yet).

But hey, Ontario PNP have 98% success rate with the PR applications.

[/quote]

Hey, do we know what are the reasons of the rejection of those 2% cases.

Thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here is my guessing.

Most of them should be medical or criminality (for example driving drunk, or problem with weed in young age).
And then tiny bit can hit security problems.

As you can see, here you can pretty much estimate, if you have such potential blocker or not.
When it comes to medical a lot can be done and argued as there his big grey area.
When it comes to criminal, you might need to check if your potential inadmissibility is permanent or if you have restauration period there and then if you already passed that one.
And for securtiy (you know best if you ever had any connections to organised crime).

With that said, normal applicant has nothing much to worry about.

RoyBa

Mar 21, 2017
vensak said:
There is no CRS score requirement for the French stream.
You are required French on CBL 7+ and English on CBL 6+, university degree 3 years or more and 1 year of work experience within last 5 years.

I had even lower score but I got nomination under French stream.
I registered for EE and job bank on 21st of Feb, and received the score of 402 points.
I do meet selection criteria for both French and Enlish. Frech was mentioned as main language.
In the application, I have indicated only my master university degree of 1 year.
Since I haven't received any nomination since, I am wondering if I need also to submit my bachelor degree of 4 years

Thank you for your opinion in advance

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RoyBa said:
I registered for EE and job bank on 21st of Feb, and received the score of 402 points.
I do meet selection criteria for both French and Enlish. Frech was mentioned as main language.
In the application, I have indicated only my master university degree of 1 year.
Since I haven't received any nomination since, I am wondering if I need also to submit my bachelor degree of 4 years

Thank you for your opinion in advance
ok, just to make sure. Check following:
1. French first language with CBL 7+ on each skill (if you are FSW, then it will not let you to put it lower and be able to activate all.
2. English second language with CBL 6+ on each skill.
3. One year work experience within last 5 years
4. Education - what you have stated, here you seem to meet criteria. (but if you also have ECA for that other degree, you can add it as well).
5. You have either chosen all provinces an territories or Ontario (if you did it correctly, you will have Ontario data collection disclaimer written there and you need to tag it as accepted)
Check if you have put all needed - ECA number and date, language tests nr. and dates.

Jobbank - as you say is valid.
So just do fast recheck if you have all above.
Also do not forget to check messages directly in your EE profile (it might be that PT NOI is already there).

And Ontario will not Nominate you on the spot, but they will issue a notification of interest and upon that you need to follow further instructions as stated on their website.

And there is no point limits, so you are ok with your CRS score.

RoyBa

Mar 21, 2017
vensak said:
ok, just to make sure. Check following:
1. French first language with CBL 7+ on each skill (if you are FSW, then it will not let you to put it lower and be able to activate all.
2. English second language with CBL 6+ on each skill.
3. One year work experience within last 5 years
4. Education - what you have stated, here you seem to meet criteria. (but if you also have ECA for that other degree, you can add it as well).
5. You have either chosen all provinces an territories or Ontario (if you did it correctly, you will have Ontario data collection disclaimer written there and you need to tag it as accepted)
Check if you have put all needed - ECA number and date, language tests nr. and dates.

Jobbank - as you say is valid.
So just do fast recheck if you have all above.
Also do not forget to check messages directly in your EE profile (it might be that PT NOI is already there).

And Ontario will not Nominate you on the spot, but they will issue a notification of interest and upon that you need to follow further instructions as stated on their website.

And there is no point limits, so you are ok with your CRS score.
Dear Vensak,

I went through the application to check all the points mentioned by you.
Could you please explain your statement on FSW "if you are FSW, then it will not let you to put it lower and be able to activate all"...in my EE profile details, Federal Skilled Workerit is marked as "Met"

My TEF is score is B2 and higher (CE-C1; CO-C2; EE - B2; EO - C1), IELTS is 6 for Listening and Writing, 7.5 - Speaking and 8.5 - Reading.
I was continously employed for the last 5 years.