+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw - October 27, 2021

Hope_2021

May 30, 2020
Hey all, I've got a question.
While filling the OINP application i checked the box of "self - employed" wrongly and I emailed them about it detailing the error with a screenshot.

This was their reply :
"Please reply to this email with an explanation letter."

What do they mean by an explanation letter? Do I send the same thing over again? Is anyone aware about it? Please advise

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hey all, I've got a question.
While filling the OINP application i checked the box of "self - employed" wrongly and I emailed them about it detailing the error with a screenshot.

This was their reply :
"Please reply to this email with an explanation letter."

What do they mean by an explanation letter? Do I send the same thing over again? Is anyone aware about it? Please advise
You should have had cross-checked the complete application at least 2-3 times before the submission. Anyways, two options can be there:

1) If you're still under the 45 days submission period and your application status is "submitted", then you can withdraw the application and your fee will be refunded. Thereafter, submit a fresh one with correct information. However, once the assessment process on the application is started, no amount will be refunded.

2) If application processing has already started, then revert to the email with a detailed LOE convincing enough for the officer with EE profile's work history screenshots and explaining the human errors at your end.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Last edited:

thetwins990

Sep 27, 2018
I am on the FSW, and I just increase my CRS score to 484, I am an IT professional with 2 year of experience under NOC 0213.

I would like to know if how and can I apply for this program or should I just wait for an ITA under "no program specified"?

Thanks!

Hope_2021

May 30, 2020
You should have had cross-checked the complete application at least 2-3 times before the submission. Anyways, two options can be there:

1) If you're still under the 45 days submission period and your application status is "submitted", then you can withdraw the application and your fee will be refunded. Thereafter, submit a fresh one with correct information. However, once the assessment process on the application is started, no amount will be refunded.

2) If application processing has already started, then revert to the email with a detailed LOE convincing enough for the officer with EE profile's work history screenshots and explaining the human errors at your end.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
I feel awful. It's a silly mistake. The status still stays submitted only. But it's the reply from oinp that was confusing as they dint ask me to withdraw, they simply asked me to write an "explanation letter". But i already have explained everything. Do they simply need me to write the same things over again?

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
I feel awful. It's a silly mistake. The status still stays submitted only. But it's the reply from oinp that was confusing as they dint ask me to withdraw, they simply asked me to write an "explanation letter". But i already have explained everything. Do they simply need me to write the same things over again?
As I mentioned, if you're still under the 45 days submission period, you're eligible to withdraw and submit another fresh application to OINP with accurate information. There won't be any issue. We're aware about OINP's protocols. OINP didn't mention because it just sent you a response based on your query.

Secondly, if they've asked you for explanation then that means you need to send a detailed letter of explanation which would be attached to your application for officer's notice !

playlikednb

Jun 29, 2021
Hey guys, congrats on your NOIs. Had one as well. Have a question here - I checked common-law for both EE and Ontario application; however, I’m not going to include a partner as a co-applicant. Is it fine? Because I haven’t found on Ontario portal any questions about the number of applicants. I have checked I have no dependent family members but left common-law option checked. Is it correct, or I should put “single” there?

akhil.sanjiva

Feb 10, 2021
Hey guys, congrats on your NOIs. Had one as well. Have a question here - I checked common-law for both EE and Ontario application; however, I’m not going to include a partner as a co-applicant. Is it fine? Because I haven’t found on Ontario portal any questions about the number of applicants. I have checked I have no dependent family members but left common-law option checked. Is it correct, or I should put “single” there?
Unless you are married or plan to apply with your partner, I'd suggest you leave it as unmarried/single.

Ruby Kamboj

Jul 15, 2021
Hi Guys,

I received NOI on 27oct. Have few queries as below, would really appreciate your answers:

1. Doubt regarding oinp filing on my own:
I heard from several sources that OINP is too strict about documentation and we should hire a professional for PNP process. I am very much interested in doing by myself and also do all research on my own but do not want to take much risk as well. Could you please suggest. Are there people who did OINP(not Express entry just talking about Ontario PNP) on their own and were successful to get nomination?

2. Doubt regarding POF :
I do have sufficient funds but they are not stable as such from last 6 months. I have 50% of my own (in trading accounts ) and remaining 50% taking from my father in law. First I thought to get transferred 100% in my father in law account and a gift Deed but as per few people it might look fishy due a single high amount transaction.
So then , i though to get transferred 50% from my father in law and 50% from my mother and planning to show two gift deeds along with my bank statements (which will just hold these transactions + salary credits and debit no thick old amount as such), and my gift givers statements to just show its our own money (not borrowed).

3. Should i write down LoE to explain my funds in case of gift deeds.

4. Can I add my PF as well in proof of funds on top of gift deeds it will be just an additional amount on the top with gift deeds i would be able to cover the minimum requirement. Just thinking to add PF to make the case stronger

manojkapri

Star Member
Mar 24, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I am a mainframe developer with NOC 2174 and CRS 463. I have received NOI on 27th October.
I have few questions regarding job reference letters. Kindly Help me -

1. Most of my employers are large Indian MNCs and are reluctant to provide me job reference letters in CIC format. Is it OK to share the official company letters and to accompany these, a signed letter from supervisors which will be in CIC format (Not in Company letterhead as only HR can do this) ? Does Ontario accepts these deviations and are their are chances of rejection due to this ?

2. These signed word documents in CIC format can not be attested as my managers are in the US. Will it still be OK if those documents are not attested ?

2. I am missing my payslips for first job and only have Bank statements to prove that I was getting paid. Will this suffice ?

Thanks in advance.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi Guys,

I received NOI on 27oct. Have few queries as below, would really appreciate your answers:

1. Doubt regarding oinp filing on my own:
I heard from several sources that OINP is too strict about documentation and we should hire a professional for PNP process. I am very much interested in doing by myself and also do all research on my own but do not want to take much risk as well. Could you please suggest. Are there people who did OINP(not Express entry just talking about Ontario PNP) on their own and were successful to get nomination?

2. Doubt regarding POF :
I do have sufficient funds but they are not stable as such from last 6 months. I have 50% of my own (in trading accounts ) and remaining 50% taking from my father in law. First I thought to get transferred 100% in my father in law account and a gift Deed but as per few people it might look fishy due a single high amount transaction.
So then , i though to get transferred 50% from my father in law and 50% from my mother and planning to show two gift deeds along with my bank statements (which will just hold these transactions + salary credits and debit no thick old amount as such), and my gift givers statements to just show its our own money (not borrowed).

3. Should i write down LoE to explain my funds in case of gift deeds.

4. Can I add my PF as well in proof of funds on top of gift deeds it will be just an additional amount on the top with gift deeds i would be able to cover the minimum requirement. Just thinking to add PF to make the case stronger
Congratulations for the invitation.

1) Yes, this is true. Since April 2021 OINP has become strict enough and has retuned a lot of applications due to ineligibility, incompleteness etc. Also, one can entirely handle the case himself as long as he feels 100% confident, otherwise you might need assistance.

2) For OINP, last 3 months balance statement will be required. It doesn't mean that newly maintained funds won't be accepted. Even, you can get the entire amount gifted from your Father-in-law or Mother. Getting the same from two will work too.

3) Obviously

4) Yes, but keep in mind that in case of PF, only employee's share will be considered as withdrawable funds.

Hope this helps. For more queries/doubts, you can dm/ask. Good luck!
Hi Everyone,

I am a mainframe developer with NOC 2174 and CRS 463. I have received NOI on 27th October.
I have few questions regarding job reference letters. Kindly Help me -

1. Most of my employers are large Indian MNCs and are reluctant to provide me job reference letters in CIC format. Is it OK to share the official company letters and to accompany these, a signed letter from supervisors which will be in CIC format (Not in Company letterhead as only HR can do this) ? Does Ontario accepts these deviations and are their are chances of rejection due to this ?

2. These signed word documents in CIC format can not be attested as my managers are in the US. Will it still be OK if those documents are not attested ?

2. I am missing my payslips for first job and only have Bank statements to prove that I was getting paid. Will this suffice ?

Thanks in advance.
Congratulations you too.

1) Yes. You can. Use a stamp paper rather using plain paper.

2) That's fine. You can get it done from your Manager/Supervisor/Lead or Colleague.

3) Bank statements for salary credits will work too.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Hi Forum, I want to ask if proof of compensation is a mandatory document ? Will the employer letter be enough for proving employment history.
Follow the below set of work documents:

• Job Roles & Responsibilities Reference Letter
• Appointment Letter
• Salary Slips (Any Three, per Year)
• Account Statement showing Salary Credit (Any Three, per Year)
• Promotion Letter (if any)
• Salary Increment Letter (if any)
• Tax Documents: Income Tax Returns and Form 16s

If you're unable to submit any of the document (Reference letter is mandate), please do explain your scenario in LOE.

pk321

Nov 1, 2021
Hello, I have received NOI on 27 October 2021 OINP Tech draw. The portal is under maintenance from Saturday 30 Oct.
Any idea when the portal will be available? Thanks!

AlexDolm1k

Oct 31, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hello guys, thanks for creating such a helpful topic for people who have received an interest from OINP via HCP.
I've received NOI on 27 October via OINP Tech Draw, so I have a couple of questions regarding Document Checklist for this stream.

https://www.ontario.ca/document/oinp-document-checklists/ontarios-express-entry-human-capital-priorities-stream-applicant-checklist

Would be grateful for your answers. Thanks in advance.

1. Funds
  • You also need to scan and upload a letter from the financial institution. The letter must confirm that the funds are available, and the investments can be liquidated or redeemed on instructions and at what value.
Can anyone please show or explain me an example of a bank letter that confirms that my funds are available. The point is that I could receive only a bank statement from my bank yesterday. When I asked about a letter from the bank, a clerk replied that the amount on my bank account already meant that my funds are available and they just didn't have such a letter about funds availability confirmation for their clients.

2. Can you guys please send me or post here some examples of work reference letters which would be suitable for official requirements?
3. Does anyone know precise requirements for the photo?

playlikednb

Jun 29, 2021
Reactions: abinpeace111