+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw - October 27, 2021

abinpeace111

Oct 28, 2021
Hey,

Yes, spouse can be added into the application any time. Even during or after your OINP application.

You can also add a spouse after the nomination, before/after ITA or AOR.

Whenever you add the spouse your CRS will always be recalculated and having additional 600 pts won't be bothersome to you. Hope this helps.
Thanks NikSharma for prompt reply.

So just to reconfirm, currently my CRS is 463, if I modify family information now to say 'wife will be accompanying', score will be recalculated to 444. Even then the OINP NOI received will still be valid and I can go ahead and accept the NOI in OINP portal. At no point will this fall of score (from 463 to 444) will be questioned and will not be a matter of concern for OINP as the NOI was already issued.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks NikSharma for prompt reply.

So just to reconfirm, currently my CRS is 463, if I modify family information now to say 'wife will be accompanying', score will be recalculated to 444. Even then the OINP NOI received will still be valid and I can go ahead and accept the NOI in OINP portal. At no point will this fall of score (from 463 to 444) will be questioned and will not be a matter of concern for OINP as the NOI was already issued.
OINP doesn't object if you decides to include a dependant spouse into the application. In OINP's words, it's more concerned about the NOI. If one has it and meets the minimum threshold then he/she can make such change.

Also, I know a number of such cases where people added spouse after receiving the invite from OINP and fidn't face any issue at all. Rest it's upto how you file the application.

IMO, the preferred option is after you apply to OINP or after the nomination.

Reactions: abinpeace111

jessicaherman

Star Member
Jun 9, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
What are the photo requirements to upload in the oinp portal?

There is no detail about photos in the Ontario site.
Canada's passport photos are 2x2 3/4. This is different from the usual 2x2.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is bad..

This is bad. I won't go to Ontario I want Vancu
If you don't want to go to Ontario then decline the nomination. It's really quite simple.

rksscee

Oct 28, 2021
Thanks guys for creating this forum. I will raise my questions below and it will be great if someone could provide some replies:

1) Our express entry profile expires in Jan end. The OINP portal asks for the Express Entry profile , Job seeker code. If my express entry profile expires before OINP decision, will it impact my OINP application?

2) For proof of settlement funds, are bank statement enough. The OINP portal asks to upload bank statements, but IRCC EE portal says that we must upload bank letters.

3) What are the chances(%) of your application being rejected if you submit all the proofs correctly? We are outside Canada with no direct links there yet. I saw that the yearly Ontario PNP quota is 8350 and they have already filled 7849. Does this mean they will only approve ~500 out of all the NOIs they have sent out or can they breach the limit of 8350?

4) Would you recommend taking an agent or applying on our own? What are the pros? A consultant has quoted 4500 USD without taxes for the PNP+EE application. I feel it is a bit too much, given there is no guarantee you get it.

5) My wife(primary applicant) is currently in India and wants to join me in Malaysia in November. We plan to keep the current residential address in India for the OINP application, but perhaps we might have to update it later in EE portal. Hope this doesn't affect any of the applications.

6)Are there any sample experience letters available somewhere? Also, what if the company doesn't provide the detailed experience letter? We already have an experience letter but there are no duties and responsibilities mentioned on it. What are the other options beside the company letter?

A lot of questions I am sure, but I am just a beginner here. So, thanks a lot for your support, patience and inputs. Again, a massive gratitude for the folks on this forum.

FSW-O| NOC: 2174| CRS: 463

chandanisan

Oct 28, 2021
Hello,

I urgently need some help. Highly appreciate your valuable advice. I received NOI from Ontario - 27th October 2021. However, my express entry profile expires on 7 th November 2021. Do I need to wait till it expires before submit the application to oinp portal or do I need to submit before my express entry profile expires and later inform them? Is there any chance that this affect my NOI? Thanks in advance.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks guys for creating this forum. I will raise my questions below and it will be great if someone could provide some replies:

1) Our express entry profile expires in Jan end. The OINP portal asks for the Express Entry profile , Job seeker code. If my express entry profile expires before OINP decision, will it impact my OINP application?

2) For proof of settlement funds, are bank statement enough. The OINP portal asks to upload bank statements, but IRCC EE portal says that we must upload bank letters.

3) What are the chances(%) of your application being rejected if you submit all the proofs correctly? We are outside Canada with no direct links there yet. I saw that the yearly Ontario PNP quota is 8350 and they have already filled 7849. Does this mean they will only approve ~500 out of all the NOIs they have sent out or can they breach the limit of 8350?

4) Would you recommend taking an agent or applying on our own? What are the pros? A consultant has quoted 4500 USD without taxes for the PNP+EE application. I feel it is a bit too much, given there is no guarantee you get it.

5) My wife(primary applicant) is currently in India and wants to join me in Malaysia in November. We plan to keep the current residential address in India for the OINP application, but perhaps we might have to update it later in EE portal. Hope this doesn't affect any of the applications.

6)Are there any sample experience letters available somewhere? Also, what if the company doesn't provide the detailed experience letter? We already have an experience letter but there are no duties and responsibilities mentioned on it. What are the other options beside the company letter?

A lot of questions I am sure, but I am just a beginner here. So, thanks a lot for your support, patience and inputs. Again, a massive gratitude for the folks on this forum.

FSW-O| NOC: 2174| CRS: 463
First of all congratulation for the OINP invitation. Will try to answer all the queries.

1) No impact as such

2) Bank letter and bank statements, both will be needed.

3) It depends on your filing way. If everything is in order, then chances of rejection will be minimum.

4) It completely depends on one's personal preference. If one is not entirely confident then getting professional assistance could be an option. The amount you're being asked is surely exorbitant.

5) No worries. You can update anytime.

6) Detailed Roles & Responsibilities letter is one of the mandatory thing. If your employer doesn't provide you then there is always an alternative to it, by getting it declared from your colleague. You can get sample letters over google or ping me for the same.

That's absolutely fine. We can understand your excitement. You have 45 calendar days to respond. For any other doubt, feel free to ask/dm. Good luck to you.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello,

I urgently need some help. Highly appreciate your valuable advice. I received NOI from Ontario - 27th October 2021. However, my express entry profile expires on 7 th November 2021. Do I need to wait till it expires before submit the application to oinp portal or do I need to submit before my express entry profile expires and later inform them? Is there any chance that this affect my NOI? Thanks in advance.
Hey,

Congratulations to you as well.

You can simultaneously work on your OINP application and let the express entry profile get expired. Thereafter, create another one and inform OINP rightaway (if submitted) otherwise use the new EE profile credentials during OINP app submission.

akhil.sanjiva

Feb 10, 2021
Hi @NikSharma01,

I received a NOI from Ontario on 27th October and had a couple of questions I hope you can help me with.

1. I've worked at my current company for 6+ years in 3 different roles, would I need separate reference letters for each role with all the details (responsibilities, salary etc) or would one letter with different sections for each different role/responsibilities suffice?
2. For proof of funds, I plan to show a combination of savings account + bank letter showing eligible withdrawable balance for my public provident fund. Would that work?

Thank you for your responses, appreciate all the help you're providing here!

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi @NikSharma01,

I received a NOI from Ontario on 27th October and had a couple of questions I hope you can help me with.

1. I've worked at my current company for 6+ years in 3 different roles, would I need separate reference letters for each role with all the details (responsibilities, salary etc) or would one letter with different sections for each different role/responsibilities suffice?
2. For proof of funds, I plan to show a combination of savings account + bank letter showing eligible withdrawable balance for my public provident fund. Would that work?

Thank you for your responses, appreciate all the help you're providing here!
Hi,

Congratulations for the NOI.

1) Single letter mentioning all job positions (with relevant job duties) held in a company.

2) Yes, only employee share from PPF would be considered.

Reactions: akhil.sanjiva

Bourne041

Feb 10, 2020
I have a query regarding additional ECA report from WES for OINP.
Does it need to be done before submitting the OINP application? If yes, what should be filled in the "Attention To" field?