+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Hi folks, it has been 15 days since I submitted my 1st WebForm on Aug 6th via the link in ITA PDF (https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.241344459.873947521.1399486767). Well, I haven't received any acknowledgement from them.

Is there any way to check if they have received it or not?

Anyone who submitted recently? like in last 10, 25 days and received acknowledgement?

I'm planning to wait till the end on this month and will raise another WebForm with previous webform documents.
Any advise is highly appreciated.

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Hey guys.. This is regarding US visa refusal. Although I mentioned in my application that my visa was refused in 2019 but I’ve been seeing posts on different forums that anyone who’s had a visa refusal needs to add a IMM5669 form to be added as well. Is that true?

I remember seeing somewhere that for US visa applications rejections you are not allowed to submit any documents. Just mention it in the application where it asks for the same.

can someone confirm if that’s the case?

Also, there was just one question asking for a visa refusal right? Not two questions? I’ve been reading that there were two questions. Can I find out what I submitted in my application?

Last edited:

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Update on my last comment:

I googled (ALOT) and found that there was another question:

Has Gurpreet Singh ever been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

I submitted a web form right away asking them to update the response to Yes and added an LOE with a a one line explanation (same reason as for "Has Gurpreet Singh ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?").

Hoping this was enough! :)

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Update on my last comment:

I googled (ALOT) and found that there was another question:

Has Gurpreet Singh ever been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

I submitted a web form right away asking them to update the response to Yes and added an LOE with a a one line explanation (same reason as for "Has Gurpreet Singh ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?").

Hoping this was enough! :)
You answered no during e-APR?

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
You answered no during e-APR?
I wasn't sure if the answer will be yes cause it said Refugee status hence I selected No. I answered Yes for the second question though. Just added my reason in the description box and submitted. But I found it should have been Yes for the first one as well. So submitted a web form today.

Is that enough to get it updated?

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
I wasn't sure if the answer will be yes cause it said Refugee status hence I selected No. I answered Yes for the second question though. Just added my reason in the description box and submitted. But I found it should have been Yes for the first one as well. So submitted a web form today.

Is that enough to get it updated?
Not sure, if you were supposed to answer Yes but you answered No then that is big problem, you might get a PFL because IRCC will have access to all immigration records from the US. Better to ask legalfalcon in this thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Not sure, if you were supposed to answer Yes but you answered No then that is big problem, you might get a PFL because IRCC will have access to all immigration records from the US. Better to ask legalfalcon in this thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/
I checked around and someone had a similar situation and he submitted a web form as well. He's got his PR now (CEC Candidate though). But I'll still ask in that thread.

Thanks!

neeraj.u.sharma54

Nov 9, 2020
Hey Guys, I submitted my application on 18th aug. My ielts is valid till dec 2021, so my question is if i dont get any updates till that time, do i have to give ielts again before that or once you submit the application it gets locked?

@smp

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hey All...

Just 1 weird doubt... I have been employed as a developer from 2011 to 2019..
Then I went for higher studies in 2019 September and finished my studies in 2020 December.
Currently I am not employed and am Living in India with family.

Is there any sort of requirement that I must be currently employed to be eligible for FSW - express entry? Or any similar rules...

@smp

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Another question:

Other than Schedule-4 form, is there any other form we have to fill n submit when submitting PR application?
I mean I have read about various form ( IMM... type of forms) and I believe we have none of them to fill for PR application...

Also.. my husband had a Canada visa refusal in the past which we have mentioned wherever asked in the PR application and also in LOE.

Am I right or am missing any form..?

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Has ________ ever been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial Nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
@gurpreets88 , @seadrag0n and others
If you either had a student visa refusal (F1) or a work visa refusal (H1B), I dont think we need to answer a "YES" for the above question, right ?
Because as per the question they are only asking about refugee/immigrant/permanent resident/Québec or PNP/visitor/temporary resident visas.

Thanks.

cyborg009

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hello guys... Have you deleted pre-filled data in the personal history section or just kept it as it is? For me, I have pursued distance education with my job so it shows two data for the same period.
Also, I was working at a job for which I didn't claim any point. What should I choose from drop-down "unemployed/employment" ?

Last edited:

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Im also filling out my EE forms right now....

One area im confused is in Personal Activities/Work History sections: -
In the past i worked for an employer while travelling multiple locations in USA for different clients...

In Work History section I have given the employer's Headquarters for location, but in Personal Activities where it asks for "where the activity took place" im not sure what to put in because it does not allow to select multiple states in USA.
I also cannot split & perfectly delineate this employment in order to add multiple line items in Personal Activity section as there are overlaps between timeperiods & projects... and also i dont want to complicate this.

So im thinking of putting in my employer's Headquarters address itself and they can figure out that i moved around based on my Address History.

Pls let me know if anyone faced a similar situation or has any ideas ... thnx

Hello guys... Have you deleted pre-filled data in the personal history section or just kept it as it is? For me, I have pursued distance education with my job so it shows two data for the same period.
Also, I was working at a job for which I didn't claim any point. What should I choose from drop-down "unemployed/employment" ?
Hi @cyborg009,

Have you deleted pre-filled data in the personal history section or just kept it as it is?
- Your education and work history would be copied if im not wrong & I dont think we should delete it... we can probably edit it i guess

For me, I have pursued distance education with my job so it shows two data for the same period.
- This is should be fine, i have a similar scenario and am planning add 2 line items - one for my education and the other for employment during an overlapping time period.

- I think it should be Employment (Im planning to do the same)

cyborg009

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Im also filling out my EE forms right now....

One area im confused is in Personal Activities/Work History sections: -
In the past i worked for an employer while travelling multiple locations in USA for different clients...

In Work History section I have given the employer's Headquarters for location, but in Personal Activities where it asks for "where the activity took place" im not sure what to put in because it does not allow to select multiple states in USA.
I also cannot split & perfectly delineate this employment in order to add multiple line items in Personal Activity section as there are overlaps between timeperiods & projects... and also i dont want to complicate this.

So im thinking of putting in my employer's Headquarters address itself and they can figure out that i moved around based on my Address History.

Pls let me know if anyone faced a similar situation or has any ideas ... thnx

Hi @cyborg009,

Have you deleted pre-filled data in the personal history section or just kept it as it is?
- Your education and work history would be copied if im not wrong & I dont think we should delete it... we can probably edit it i guess

For me, I have pursued distance education with my job so it shows two data for the same period.
- This is should be fine, i have a similar scenario and am planning add 2 line items - one for my education and the other for employment during an overlapping time period.

- I think it should be Employment (Im planning to do the same)
I went through a couple of posts and they said it should be in chronological order and the VO should be able to read it properly. I was unemployed for few days to a week in between jobs that's why it looked all over the place and hence I deleted it and added everything chronologically

Reactions: techviz