+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

farimasait

May 21, 2021
Please post steps folks who got the ITA. So far, I have
  1. Completed nearly all of my application. Travel dates yet to be entered. I have 10 yrs worth to enter and 6 cities across which I have moved, so a bit of a long process for me. :)
  2. Booked PCC at the passport office. Appointment scheduled for the 18th.
  3. An Aadhar address update is pending and I have to complete that, so that is on as well.
What have you folks done?

Reactions: Sammy0190

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
Please post steps folks who got the ITA. So far, I have
  1. Completed nearly all of my application. Travel dates yet to be entered. I have 10 yrs worth to enter and 6 cities across which I have moved, so a bit of a long process for me. :)
  2. Booked PCC at the passport office. Appointment scheduled for the 18th.
  3. An Aadhar address update is pending and I have to complete that, so that is on as well.
What have you folks done?
I have uploaded all the documents except

1. PCC India - Police Verification is completed, the cop came to my house for verification yesterday. I'm waiting for PCC now, I think I should get it by next week.

2. PCC Singapore - Singapore needs a letter from IRCC requesting a police certificate. So I have to write a LOE and I'm looking for a samples.

3 Upfront Medicals - I'm planning to write a LOE and submit the application. But I'll wait till Monday or till I get my PCC India as according to this post, upfront medicals will resume soon. But I highly doubt that.

Is there anyone else here who needs a PCC from Singapore like me?

Last edited:
Reactions: mrsamcan

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Is there anyone who needs PCC from Singapore like me? I stayed in

1. PCC India - Police Verification is completed, the cop came to my house for verification yesterday. I'm waiting for PCC now, I think I should get it by next week.

2. PCC Singapore - Singapore needs a letter from IRCC requesting a police certificate. So I have to write a LOE and I'm looking for a samples.

3 Upfront Medicals - I'm planning to write a LOE and submit the application. But I'll wait till Monday or till I get my PCC India as according to this post, upfront medicals will resume soon. But I highly doubt that.

Good going :)

Sparky001

Jun 10, 2021
Is there anyone who needs PCC from Singapore like me? I stayed in

Hi there!

I’m at the same stage as you. But currently staying in Singapore. When you mentioned LOE. Are you writing it to IRCC or to Singapore police Force to get PCC ?

Reactions: parminder2021

neeraj.u.sharma54

Nov 9, 2020
Hi All,

People who got nomination today or after 9th June, would be having their ITAs only after 2 weeks when the next draw happens, so my question is, can we start preparing the docs in advance? like form filling, PCC or should we wait for getting checklist once we submit ITA. I just wanted to check whether we can utilize this time or not?

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
Hi there!

I’m at the same stage as you. But currently staying in Singapore. When you mentioned LOE. Are you writing it to IRCC or to Singapore police Force to get PCC ?

LOE is for IRCC, I cannot submit my application without uploading a file for "Police Certificate, Singapore", so I saved my LOE as pdf and uploaded it there.

Sparky001

Jun 10, 2021
LOE is for IRCC, I cannot submit my application without uploading a file for "Police Certificate, Singapore", so I saved my LOE as pdf and uploaded it there.
Ok cool understand that :)

May I check with you if you have submitted any appeal to Singapore police force for PCC ?

I am going to submit an appeal with the ITA. Do we need any further docs or just the ITA is enough to submit for Appeal.

Reactions: parminder2021

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021

May I check with you if you have submitted any appeal to Singapore police force for PCC ?

I am going to submit an appeal with the ITA. Do we need any further docs or just the ITA is enough to submit for Appeal.
No I haven't submitted any appeal to Singapore police force for PCC. I'm a Non Singaporean and I'm currently outside Singapore.

1. Its mentioned on Singapore Police Force's website that I need a document to get COC.

Source: https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/certificate-of-clearance-hub.html

You must also be above the age of 16 and have documentary proof which states that a COC is required by the foreign government authority or institution for overseas purposes such as migration, adoption, overseas employment or further education.

2. IRCC also has also mentioned that they'll send a document to get the PCC.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/singapore.html

Name of the document you need

Certificate of Clearance (COC)

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

We will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.

I'll try uploading the LOE first and see what happens. I also read somewhere that IRCC accepted someone's PR application with just LOE and never asked for a Singapore PCC.

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021

If you apply, please post your experience here, It'll be helpful for other people too. :)

Sparky001

Jun 10, 2021
No I haven't submitted any appeal to Singapore police force for PCC. I'm a Non Singaporean and I'm currently outside Singapore.

1. Its mentioned on Singapore Police Force's website that I need a document to get COC.

Source: https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/certificate-of-clearance-hub.html

You must also be above the age of 16 and have documentary proof which states that a COC is required by the foreign government authority or institution for overseas purposes such as migration, adoption, overseas employment or further education.

2. IRCC also has also mentioned that they'll send a document to get the PCC.

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/singapore.html

Name of the document you need

Certificate of Clearance (COC)

Police certificate and IRCC requirements

We will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your application for permanent residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a police certificate.

I'll try uploading the LOE first and see what happens. I also read somewhere that IRCC accepted someone's PR application with just LOE and never asked for a Singapore PCC.
Thanks for sharing this :)

I thought of just applying for COC with the ITA and I came across the link from IRCC that they will issue a letter explaining the requirement. I will keep you posted with the steps on how I’m going ahead on this.

Also can you share with me a brief /sample of your LOE regarding COC Singapore that you had submitted for a clarity.

parminder2021

Feb 17, 2021
Also can you share with me a brief /sample of your LOE regarding COC Singapore that you had submitted for a clarity.
Here you go

LETTER OF EXPLANATION

Date: 09/06/2021

Subject: Letter of Explanation for Police Certificate, Singapore.

Dear Immigration Officer,

I’m writing this letter to explain the reason behind not uploading a Police Certificate from Singapore.

As per the instructions on IRCC[SOURCE 1] and Singapore Police Force's website [SOURCE 2], I need a letter from IRCC before applying for a police certificate.

I agree to apply on Singapore Police Force’s website for a police certificate, after recieiving a letter from IRCC. I also agree to upload the police certificate whenever it is available.

Thank you for taking time to read the explanation.

Regards,

Name Goes Here

Source 1: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees- citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/singapore.html

Source 2: https://eservices.police.gov.sg/content/policehubhome/homepage/certificate-of-clearance-hub.html