+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

Jun 16, 2019
I submitted my application on the 2nd of March and it still says “Submitted”. It will take some time for it to change cause those people who received NOIs on Dec-15th 2020 are just now seeing their applications move to different stages....I guess we just have to wait a while unfortunately
So roughly 4 months? My Express Entry profile will expire in June. Do I need to create a new one by then and just inform Ontario Immigration of my new EE profile number?

vivek.kar

Mar 3, 2021
Hi Everyone,

I have a question -
While paying Fee for the OINP profile yesterday, the amount got deducted from my bank account. But the application is still not submitted. I have raised this issue to OntarioNominee email id given on their website. I haven't heard back from them yet. What should I do next? How much time do they take to respond? Do I need to make the payment again?

Thanks Vivek

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I have a question -
While paying Fee for the OINP profile yesterday, the amount got deducted from my bank account. But the application is still not submitted. I have raised this issue to OntarioNominee email id given on their website. I haven't heard back from them yet. What should I do next? How much time do they take to respond? Do I need to make the payment again?

Thanks Vivek
This is one of the common issues. You may not receive response in a day. However just make sure money is deducted and successfully processed by calling your credit card. Once OINP reviews your email, they will forward it to their technical team to change the status to submitted manually from backend.

Refer below thread.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oinp-tech-draw-october-15th-2020.706660/page-3

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Yes, CLB 7 is OINP requirement. And you have submitted application before the expiry date. And now you may have scored less, however you have CLB 7 as per OINP requirment and a valid express entry profile as per OINP requirement.

Based on other threads, OINP will ask for new TRF. So, I would recommend sending it to them right away so that you won't have any ADR. And explain your situation in that email.
I have taken my IELTS exam again today, hope I get that CLB 9 back on writing, and also I should retain other modules. If I get it, then I will be back to 460 again and will update EE entry profile and will send the TRF to OINP. Is it okay to send the TRF to them, before they start processing or asking about this? Will they consider? as per their application website they state, should not contact directly.

Thanks

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Hello,

Received OINP NOI.

Need help on getting an appropriate Employment Reference Letter from one of my past employers.

Here's my situation:
I worked for this employer for about 3 years on different projects.
The initial 3 months i was not paid, basically working as an Intern, learning stuff.
After that my role changed to Developer and i was paid salaried employee for the rest of 2 yrs 9 months.

This is my plan:
EE profile
Currently, in my EE profile I have shown this my role as an Intern with this employer for the 3 yrs period.
In my EE, I plan to change this now to the Developer role and show time period for 2 yrs 9 months. (this would not affect my CRS points)

Work-Ex letter
I plan to request my employer to the letter with below info:
1. Total time period of employment with the org, i.e. 3yrs (overall time spent with employer).
2. As an Intern 3 months, saying it was unpaid.
Here, Do i need to mention job resp for the Intern period, as it would'nt qualify for points?
What about NOC ? Should it match my NOC while I was a Developer later on ?

3. As a Developer for 2 yrs 9 months, with Salary and job resp.

I would also mention about these things in the LOE.

Pls let me know if this is a good way to handle this situation or What is the ideal way to mention the same in the Work-Ex letter and on my EE profile?

Thanks,

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hello,

Received OINP NOI.

Need help on getting an appropriate Employment Reference Letter from one of my past employers.

Here's my situation:
I worked for this employer for about 3 years on different projects.
The initial 3 months i was not paid, basically working as an Intern, learning stuff.
After that my role changed to Developer and i was paid salaried employee for the rest of 2 yrs 9 months.

This is my plan:
EE profile
Currently, in my EE profile I have shown this my role as an Intern with this employer for the 3 yrs period.
In my EE, I plan to change this now to the Developer role and show time period for 2 yrs 9 months. (this would not affect my CRS points)

Work-Ex letter
I plan to request my employer to the letter with below info:
1. Total time period of employment with the org, i.e. 3yrs (overall time spent with employer).
2. As an Intern 3 months, saying it was unpaid.
Here, Do i need to mention job resp for the Intern period, as it would'nt qualify for points?
What about NOC ? Should it match my NOC while I was a Developer later on ?

3. As a Developer for 2 yrs 9 months, with Salary and job resp.

I would also mention about these things in the LOE.

Pls let me know if this is a good way to handle this situation or What is the ideal way to mention the same in the Work-Ex letter and on my EE profile?

Thanks,
You are right, As per IRCC if internship is part of your education and you are full time student at that time it would not qualify for any points.

As removing it is NOT affecting your CRS score, remove it. Why complicate things?

Also, as per oinp you need experience in NOC for a year in last 5 years, you already have that. So, leave mentioning about internship anywhere.

You can mention about it when you actually search job in your resume.

So to answer your question, take reference letter only for full time period of the work as you also have to submit pay stubs for that duration (first and last)

My two cents

FreshLife

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Submitted my application. Let's see if I am the last person to submit or if anyone else is remaining after me :)

sussie54

Star Member
Jul 29, 2016
Yes, CLB 7 is OINP requirement. And you have submitted application before the expiry date. And now you may have scored less, however you have CLB 7 as per OINP requirment and a valid express entry profile as per OINP requirement.

Based on other threads, OINP will ask for new TRF. So, I would recommend sending it to them right away so that you won't have any ADR. And explain your situation in that email.
Hi,

I am delighted with my new scores today, I got CLB 10 in all sections. I will be not only retaining my 460 CRS score but will improve by another 6 points to 466. I will update my EE profile and how to send OINP with new results ? will they consider it if I send in email, because my application is already submitted and it is not yet picked for review.

Thanks

Reactions: parminder2021

FreshLife

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Hi,

I am delighted with my new scores today, I got CLB 10 in all sections. I will be not only retaining my 460 CRS score but will improve by another 6 points to 466. I will update my EE profile and how to send OINP with new results ? will they consider it if I send in email, because my application is already submitted and it is not yet picked for review.

Thanks
Congrats!

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hi,

Thanks
Hearty congratulations. CLB 10 not an easy task . I searched a lot and have mixed answers. Please drop an email to oinp as a general query. Let's see what they respond.