+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Tech Draw: 16-Feb-2021

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
So @techviz and @Ren26, did you guys received any mail or message on your ircc profile? I checked my Ircc profile just now and I am seeing the same message as you for background check "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
But I didn't received any notification on my IRCC profile or mail after my biometrics. So, I am little confused whether this would be considered as a GU or not?

Moreover, for Eligibility, I still see this message "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." How about you guys?

AOR: 19th Aug
I did not receive any email or msg.
If you observed the status of your application change from "submitted" to "Application/profile updated" then it is known as a ghost update. You might have missed it if you did not pay attention bcoz it changes back to "submitted" again.

Eligibility i think will say the same until you get the ppr approval.

Reactions: neeraj.u.sharma54

Ren26

Apr 21, 2021
So @techviz and @Ren26, did you guys received any mail or message on your ircc profile? I checked my Ircc profile just now and I am seeing the same message as you for background check "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."
But I didn't received any notification on my IRCC profile or mail after my biometrics. So, I am little confused whether this would be considered as a GU or not?

Moreover, for Eligibility, I still see this message "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." How about you guys?

AOR: 19th Aug
Well even I did not receive any email. Just logged into my profile and saw the status updated. No other change in profile other than the Background check message.

AOR: 16th June

Reactions: neeraj.u.sharma54

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Any idea if the ghost update could be cause of GCMS notes applied? I didn't receive the second set of notes I applied in February but received the first set I applied in January.

And this ghost update that I saw today. I hope this is a good sign! :)

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Any idea if the ghost update could be cause of GCMS notes applied? I didn't receive the second set of notes I applied in February but received the first set I applied in January.

And this ghost update that I saw today. I hope this is a good sign! :)
Should be a good sign hopefully. I neither applied for GCMS notes or called up ircc... so not very sure if a request for GCMS notes would trigger a GU.

Found this explanation abt GUs : https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/

Reactions: gurpreets88

techviz

Star Member
Apr 21, 2018
Hello guys,
Any idea, by when do we have to land in canada ? i ve been reading that it is normally before the expiry of medicals.
Only concern is, what if we dont have enough time to pack up/plan etc.
Folks who got ppr ... anyone planning on soft landing ?

Thanks.

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
Hello guys,
Any idea, by when do we have to land in canada ? i ve been reading that it is normally before the expiry of medicals.
Only concern is, what if we dont have enough time to pack up/plan etc.
Folks who got ppr ... anyone planning on soft landing ?

Thanks.
It is before medicals expire. The whole waiting process is tiresome.

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
hi guys,

I just received a request letter in my IRCC portal asking for the following:
1. Change in Circumstances:
2. Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
3. PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

It also asks about family members (accompanying or not). I remember declaring about my mother in the application while submitting but I don't see any option to upload anything. Should I mention anything about her or just send my passport?

Ren26

Apr 21, 2021
hi guys,

I just received a request letter in my IRCC portal asking for the following:
1. Change in Circumstances:
2. Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
3. PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

It also asks about family members (accompanying or not). I remember declaring about my mother in the application while submitting but I don't see any option to upload anything. Should I mention anything about her or just send my passport?
Did you receive an email? Or just an update in your IRCC account.

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
Hi folks wanted to update that I and my dependent’s have received PR cards. Thanks for guiding and staying together through this wait from nomination on Feb16 2021. I was already here last October on work permit and did soft landing in after Pr approval Feb16 2022. That is my story of PR hope you guys get that golden email soon. Cheers

gurpreets88

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
@parminder2021 Did you receive your stamped passport? If yes, how much time did it take you to receive it back?
I've gotten my pictures clicked and am following the steps you shared to inform VFS.