+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2019 Discussion Join Here

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi everybody,

I've received NOI from OINP(Targeted draw – Priority Occupations) a couple of days ago (CRS: 442).
I'm currently getting prepared for my third IELTS attempt to boost my writing score (6.5 to 7) and consequently increase my CRS to nearly 500 and get ITA under FSW class.
Honestly, $1500 PNP fee is a lot of money for me (can take IELTS almost 5 times), so I don't think I'll consider the NOI unless I don't get the IELTS score I need in the next 45 days. I'm wondering if there is anything fascinating about NOI/PNP which could persuade me to prioritize it and gamble $1500.
Thank you so much in advance.
Higher probability of ITA.. nothing else..

Downside - Restriction to live in one province

Reactions: AliZeus

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
Hi Guys,

I read somewhere in this forum its around 2 years commitment to live in Ontario province. However, I couldn't find any official documentation regarding this in the OINP website. I would like to get clarity regarding the commitment expected with a provincial nomination.

Can anybody please share the official link where this is addressed? Maybe seniors like @13nitinsharma @EnthuChap might have some info on this?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hi Guys,

I read somewhere in this forum its around 2 years commitment to live in Ontario province. However, I couldn't find any official documentation regarding this in the OINP website. I would like to get clarity regarding the commitment expected with a provincial nomination.

Can anybody please share the official link where this is addressed? Maybe seniors like @13nitinsharma @EnthuChap might have some info on this?
Disclaimer: Follow my opinion at your own risk

I neither a senior nor some sort of expert..

The official commitment is "intent to reside" or "intent to settle".. I am confused between the two..

But yes, if you don't have one of those intents, I would advise against applying.. getting pnp from one province and then moving to another might be working for some now but it may not work in future..

pororo

Jul 2, 2019

The official commitment is "intent to reside" or "intent to settle".. I am confused between the two..

But yes, if you don't have one of those intents, I would advise against applying.. getting pnp from one province and then moving to another might be working for some now but it may not work in future..
Thanks for your reply.

The idea is to stay in GTA as long as possible since in terms of jobs, weather and facilities, it aligns well for me.

However, I would like to know the rules/condtions (if any) regarding the minimum number of years. If say after 5 years one decides to move out of the province, would it be a violation?

In case of Australia they have made it very clear, 2 years mandatory in such cases. It gives a lot of clarity and helps in the planning. I am trying to find similar clarity with the Canadian provinces.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Thanks for your reply.

The idea is to stay in GTA as long as possible since in terms of jobs, weather and facilities, it aligns well for me.

However, I would like to know the rules/condtions (if any) regarding the minimum number of years. If say after 5 years one decides to move out of the province, would it be a violation?

In case of Australia they have made it very clear, 2 years mandatory in such cases. It gives a lot of clarity and helps in the planning. I am trying to find similar clarity with the Canadian provinces.
I haven't come across any such regulation.. I frankly haven't looked for it because with or without PNP, I would choose living in Ontario above all else..

If there is any such rule it would be buried deep in ministerial instructions.. There would only be a few on this forum to look into those.. I'd suggest to start there.

Happy digging! :)

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021

There's no such rule mate. Yes, you disclose through statements to reside and settle in Ontario through a write up. However, reality may not be the same after landing.

In such circumstances, you are required to do everything, for atleast two months, like taking job assistance services and settlement services by the province, applying for jobs, attending interviews etc to demonstrate your intent. In case this doesn't return anything positive then u can always move and show this as an evidence in case u get in a pickle at the time of PR renewal or citizenship application.

Hope this was of some use.

scanada92

Aug 18, 2019
Hello! a bit new here. I saw recent draws. I have a CRS of 432 (3+ yrs work exp). Do i stand a chance for OINP? (NOI + nomination)?

CheemaPawan

Jul 13, 2019
Hello everyone
I received OINP NOI on July 12
apllication submitted August 14,2019
Application status still submitted
Can anyone share their experience....In how many days status changes to assessment stage.??

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
Hello everyone
I received OINP NOI on July 12
apllication submitted August 14,2019
Application status still submitted
Can anyone share their experience....In how many days status changes to assessment stage.??
Hello,

The status update could be very subjective and could change case by case.

Anyways, here's the timeline for one of the senior member @13nitinsharma which i read in one of his posts

Application Submitted: June 6, 2019
Assessment: June 13, 2019
Decision in Progress: July 2, 2019
Nomination: July 23, 2019

The OINP 2019 discussion thread has other people posting their timeline as well..

Reactions: 13nitinsharma

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
Hello! a bit new here. I saw recent draws. I have a CRS of 432 (3+ yrs work exp). Do i stand a chance for OINP? (NOI + nomination)?
Hello,

I think this year the CRS invite score has gone as low as 435 for OINP NOIs. For French and Skilled trade stream it could be even lower.

You could check the official data here
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest

It mentions CRS scores for NOIs sent for diff NOCs...

As far as NOIs are concerned, you have a chance (depending on the NOC you are in).

Nomination after NOIs is the decision of the province based on your documentation/case. NOIs don't guarantee nomination, but if the documentation is in order, i guess they would nominate you...

Last edited:
Reactions: scanada92

CheemaPawan

Jul 13, 2019
Hello,

The status update could be very subjective and could change case by case.

Anyways, here's the timeline for one of the senior member @13nitinsharma which i read in one of his posts

Application Submitted: June 6, 2019
Assessment: June 13, 2019
Decision in Progress: July 2, 2019
Nomination: July 23, 2019

The OINP 2019 discussion thread has other people posting their timeline as well..
Thankyou so much for your response...
one more query.. I am a bit worried whether my ECA report is sent to OINP by WES or not as I have seen many people sharing their experiences that even after ordering eca report to OINP they got an email from OINP demanding ECA report. Is there any way to check whether report is available to OINP or not?

coolcham

Jun 12, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi house,

Manitoba PNP required at least a friend who living or working in order to get the invitation from its government?

thanks.

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
Thankyou so much for your response...
one more query.. I am a bit worried whether my ECA report is sent to OINP by WES or not as I have seen many people sharing their experiences that even after ordering eca report to OINP they got an email from OINP demanding ECA report. Is there any way to check whether report is available to OINP or not?
Wow, that is strange!

I don't know of any other way except to check if the ECA report was delivered within the WES account page.

Maybe calling up WES in such a case could help? You could email OINP with a screenshot of the "ECA report sent to OINP" part from the WES account in such a case...

NOC0124

Aug 19, 2019
NOI Received: 31st May
NOI Read: 28th June
NOC Code: 0124
OINP Stream: HCP
CRS: 443
OINP Application Submitted: 12th July
ADR: 20th July (WES to Ontario)
Receipt Of Complete Application: 22nd July
DIP Stage: Between the 22nd and the 24th of July (No Mail notification, but checked my portal on the 24th)
Approval: ??

Anybody else with a similar timeline? When could I possibly receive a nomination? :)