+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2019 Discussion Join Here

chirag171987

Jan 9, 2019
Hello friends,

I am trying to find reasons that have worked for people who had applied for PR stating non-accompanying spouse. People who have migrated successfully can you guys please share the reasons that you had stated for the spouse not accompanying.

Need it urgently.

Thanks a ton.

Rose1207

Jul 8, 2019
ONTARIO DRAW UPDATE - August 15, 2019 10:00 a.m. EST

Date/time NOIs issued August 15, 2019 10:00 a.m. EST
Number of NOIs issued 997
Profiles created in IRCC’s Express Entry system August 15, 2018 to August 15, 2019
CRS score range 439-465
Notes Targeted draw – Priority Occupations*

The OINP targeted candidates with work experience in the following priority occupations:
  • 0114 Other administrative services managers
  • 0601 Corporate sales managers
  • 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting
  • 0124 Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
  • 0621 Retail and wholesale trade managers
  • 1111 Financial auditors and accountants
  • 3012 Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
  • 0111 Financial managers
  • 1114 Other financial officers
  • 0651 Managers in customer and personal services, n.e.c
Official Link : https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest#section-1
Nitin,
I am still confuse about what they are looking for? I have counted my points and they are around 78-80. I have my EE profile with 460 CRS. I don't understand why I am not getting those OINP??? I have work experience for over 1 year in NOC 1114 and still working. Do you think there is something wrong in my profile or they just selected few people and not everyone?? This is the second time I didn't get it.
Please let me know what if you know anything related to this.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Nitin,
I am still confuse about what they are looking for? I have counted my points and they are around 78-80. I have my EE profile with 460 CRS. I don't understand why I am not getting those OINP??? I have work experience for over 1 year in NOC 1114 and still working. Do you think there is something wrong in my profile or they just selected few people and not everyone?? This is the second time I didn't get it.
Something is wrong with your EE profile, please do check.

If you’re meeting the Ontario criteria’s, you should have got a NOI for sure. Please cross check your profile my friend.

bxiao0801

Jul 24, 2019
Nitin,
Hi my friend,

I have had the similar problem and I am not sure if yours is caused by the same reason. I was choosing BC as my preferred living province when filling EE application and I didn't receive ONIP last time; now I instead choose all provinces, meaning that I authorize all provinces to nominate me for the future PNP draw. I hope you will fix your problem soon, good luck

zzmmaallqqpp

Aug 16, 2019
Hi guys,
I received an NOI from Ontario yesterday.
I setup my EE profile with only one year of experience.
Though I have more experience, I do not wish to show it for various reasons.
Is it ok if I submit the experience letter for the one year I'm claiming and say unemployed for the rest of the past duration?

pororo

Jul 2, 2019
Nitin,
Hello,

They pick a limited number of profiles (997 on Aug 15). Not every person who satisfies the criteria gets invited. Seems like a "lottery" within the profiles which satisfy the criterion.

Here's an excerpt from the OINP page

"Please note that not all applicants who meet Ontario’s stream criteria will receive a NOI"

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest

Hang in there and stay positive! If your EE profile looks OK, you just need some luck to get picked among those who meet the criteria.

daughty

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Hey peeps

I just joined this group! What are the chances of actually receiving a nomination if we pay the 1500?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Nitin,
Have you selected Ontario as province you want to move to?

imusi

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Passport Req..
15-01-2020
Hey guys,

About OINP, I just searched on their website and apparently they have issued almost 4500 nominations out of their 6650 quota this year by Aug 9, and more are ongoing as most of July 12 NOIs and all of Aug 1 and Aug 15 NOIs will get approved in the coming 3 months. If I didn’t get it wrong, once Ontario reaches its 6650 quota they won’t be accepting new OINP applications any more, even if some NOIs might still be within 45 calendar days.

So with the rest 2100+ nominations, when do you think Ontario will reach its quota? I planned to accept the NOI by end of Sep but now I’m kind of worried if OINP is still open by then. Any predictions or analysis from seniors and experts on this?

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hey guys,

About OINP, I just searched on their website and apparently they have issued almost 4500 nominations out of their 6650 quota this year by Aug 9, and more are ongoing as most of July 12 NOIs and all of Aug 1 and Aug 15 NOIs will get approved in the coming 3 months. If I didn’t get it wrong, once Ontario reaches its 6650 quota they won’t be accepting new OINP applications any more, even if some NOIs might still be within 45 calendar days.

So with the rest 2100+ nominations, when do you think Ontario will reach its quota? I planned to accept the NOI by end of Sep but now I’m kind of worried if OINP is still open by then. Any predictions or analysis from seniors and experts on this?
Disclaimer: Follow my opinion at your own risk

I am neither a senior nor an expert.

Quota is for Nominations not NOI. Not all NOI convert to nominations.

OINP has issued 8239 this year. So, the quota thing is not very important.

They issued 1496 in CRS range 439-448 on January 14 but EE draw cut off on 30 Jan was 438. I think its safe to assume 1400 out of 1496 didn't opt for OINP.

Similarly, they issued NOIs to 1072 profiles on May 31 in CRS range 439-469 out of which 300 didn't opt for OINP.
1623 on July 12 in CRS range 439-459 out of which all opted for OINP.
1773 on August 1 in CRS range 435-458 out of which all opted for OINP.
997 on August 15 in CRS range 439-465 out of which 300 wouldn't opt for OINP.

Excluding STS and French guys, 4961 profiles must have applied for OINP.

Including STS and French guys, that number must somewhere be around 6000.

How many would be nominated? I don't know..

With above, I think there'd be at least one more draw :)

Stay positive! keep your hopes high! Ontario is not the only province.. And the score will fall towards end of the year..

PS: you're at 458.. you'll get ITA in Sept unless something major changes or impacts EE.. m here since January man.. relax.. you'll get there very soon :)

Reactions: San_7

imusi

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Passport Req..
15-01-2020

I am neither a senior nor an expert.

Quota is for Nominations not NOI. Not all NOI convert to nominations.

OINP has issued 8239 this year. So, the quota thing is not very important.

They issued 1496 in CRS range 439-448 on January 14 but EE draw cut off on 30 Jan was 438. I think its safe to assume 1400 out of 1496 didn't opt for OINP.

Similarly, they issued NOIs to 1072 profiles on May 31 in CRS range 439-469 out of which 300 didn't opt for OINP.
1623 on July 12 in CRS range 439-459 out of which all opted for OINP.
1773 on August 1 in CRS range 435-458 out of which all opted for OINP.
997 on August 15 in CRS range 439-465 out of which 300 wouldn't opt for OINP.

Excluding STS and French guys, 4961 profiles must have applied for OINP.

Including STS and French guys, that number must somewhere be around 6000.

How many would be nominated? I don't know..

With above, I think there'd be at least one more draw :)

Stay positive! keep your hopes high! Ontario is not the only province.. And the score will fall towards end of the year..

PS: you're at 458.. you'll get ITA in Sept unless something major changes or impacts EE.. m here since January man.. relax.. you'll get there very soon :)
Thanks for the quick reply and very detailed explanation. Very much appreciated. It is people like you made this forum full of positive energy and hope. :)

My calculation is almost the same logic with yours and I concluded that there’s a very high chance that OINP won’t be closed for application before end of Sep.

Indeed OINP is currently my ‘plan B’ as I’m still expecting 6–7 additional pts from spouse’s IELTS by Aug 28. However it’s always good to know your chances before rolling any dices hence the above question was asked.

ibrobaba

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Hello guys,

I am looking to get a ONIP by getting a devops job under the stream for NOC 2173.

Do I need a year experience in that role before I am valid? I have been working in Canada for more than 2 years now as well

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
Hello guys,

I am looking to get a ONIP by getting a devops job under the stream for NOC 2173.

Do I need a year experience in that role before I am valid? I have been working in Canada for more than 2 years now as well

Yes atleast 1.5 yrs

AliZeus

May 3, 2019
Hi everybody,

I've received NOI from OINP(Targeted draw – Priority Occupations) a couple of days ago (CRS: 442).
I'm currently getting prepared for my third IELTS attempt to boost my writing score (6.5 to 7) and consequently increase my CRS to nearly 500 and get ITA under FSW class.
Honestly, $1500 PNP fee is a lot of money for me (can take IELTS almost 5 times), so I don't think I'll consider the NOI unless I don't get the IELTS score I need in the next 45 days. I'm wondering if there is anything fascinating about NOI/PNP which could persuade me to prioritize it and gamble $1500.
Thank you so much in advance.