+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) 2018 Discussion

ppuu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2018
Work experience points for outland applicants is maxed out for 3 years of work experience.
It is a general suggestion that, you can claim work experience for which you can gather supporting documents.

Rest of the experience can be intimated under personal history section.
hi seniors

May I know if this refers to the work experiences in the EOI?
I have my work reference for my current company and its more than 5 years...

I plan to submit the application in ONIP this month...

To have accurate application, can I removed other working experiences what I have logged in the EOI then claim in the personal history section?
Thanks for your advice ...

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Hello Guys,

Is it necessary that we have to choose only ONTARIO as desired province instead of ALL PROVINCE AND TERRITORIES in Express entry profile for getting Ontario NOI?

In simple words, if we choose All Province, then Ontario won't give NOI or probability of getting NOI will be reduced. Is it true?

Earliest response is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kamala Kannan
Tick all Province & Territories !!

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
hi seniors

May I know if this refers to the work experiences in the EOI?
I have my work reference for my current company and its more than 5 years...

I plan to submit the application in ONIP this month...

To have accurate application, can I removed other working experiences what I have logged in the EOI then claim in the personal history section?
Thanks for your advice ...
No need of that ! Let it be there ..

Reactions: ppuu

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019
I received the ontario PNP invitation today. My score is 440 without spouse accompliant. If I add my wife, then my score comes down. My question is can we accept the Ontario PNP an add my wife? What are the other advantage and disadvantage of Ontario PNP? Additional fees of CAD 1500 is not of a concern for me.

Thanks
Please advise, which stream? Is French SSW, did you declare French as first language?

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019
441 is good, if you are not going to loose birthday points soon then wait for direct ITA, which will be cheaper n fast too..... If any scope to increase CRS then go for it.... Spouse IELTS or ECA...

Thank you very much.
I will start to be more active here as I have been learning a lot from the previous threads and feel compelled to share my thoughts, learnings and timeline about the process ahead.

So, my strategy is - to create EE profile, English as first language, French second - CRS 441. Then, to wait until mid March when I will loose 10 points (birthday - 431) for a direct ITA (preferable) or OINP. After loosing the 10 points, to switch - French as first, English as second to increase the chances to get a OINP.

I would appreciate any thoughts on that.

In parallel, also good to share, I have a job offer and the employer has already applied for the LMIA since Dec, 2018. So, coming back to my strategy, if the employer gets the LMIA until March, this should count more 50 points, so the 441, that will be 431 would be increased to 481.

It is a whole maths and strategy to navigate through all this! Thanks a lot and I will keep you posted about any news on my side.

Best Theo

Theo2018

Jan 14, 2019
Yes ! In FSSW French should be first language!
Many tks! A prospective consultant told me that it didn’t matter! After reading all this threads, I am confirming that one has to be very skeptical about advices and always double check!

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Reactions: Theo2018

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
Tks! I’ve read it through many times and it does not state if first or second language. I must say that I rather trust the advices of this forum than others!
Check this out ! it'll be helpful

Hi
Am French too, and I hv passed both my TEF and IELTS. I hv mentionned French as my primary language in my EE profile, together with the score. My understanding of the OINP French Stream is (as per their guide ) : This guide could be found Ontario immigration French Speaking Skills Stream guide.

OINP identifies candidates in Express Entry pool
 OINP searches the Express Entry pool and identifies potential candidates who
meet the French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream criteria (see Section 2 for
more information):
1. Minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level of 7 in French and
CLB 6 in English;
2. Minimum work experience as defined by Ontario for either the FSWP or
the CEC candidates;
3. Equivalent of a Canadian Bachelor’s degree or above;
4. Sufficient settlement funds; and
5. An intention to reside in Ontario.
 If OINP identifies you in the Express Entry pool, you will receive a PT Notification
of Interest from Ontario through your MyCIC account. This notification will invite
you to apply to OINP for nomination under the French-Speaking Skilled Worker
Stream

So as per above, it is not just your French AND English languages level that matters, it is a combination of your work experience, your job (NOC for example which is in high demand or not)

Two days after creating my EE profile, I got a PT from Ontario Province and I hv just sent my application on 4th June 2016.
Hope the above details, help.

Reactions: Theo2018

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
hi thanks for your advice.

may I know this '45 days' - does that mean I could accept this NOI within 45 days then start my application? Or do I need to complete my application within 45 days? As I now realize that I have to get all work references - and within 45 days...its is a bit rush....

thanks for any inputs!
Yup ! In 45 days u hv submit ur Application for acceptin nomination u get 30 days ..

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
anyone getting NOI from OINP in the last couple months? Looks like they have not issued any HCP since March
Yup ! its been long since they Issued NOI for HCP but in comin days u can expect NOI for HCP ( 2019 )

Keep ur profile update n keep an eye on ur mail ..

ravi_123

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Hello Friends,

I posted this elsewhere but didnt get an answer....so posting it here again.....

I received OINP Express Entry Notification of interest yesterday.Can someone please help me with my situation below ?

I created my express entry profile few months back to apply to FSW EE directly.However I am yet to receive an ITA from IRCC.

While creating my express entry profile I had mentioned my work experience that was long time back(between 2012-2014)

Now while checking the OINP EE stream ,I find that the eligibility criterion for work expereince is that it should be within the past 5 years.

Can I modify my express entry profile now to include the work exprerience within the last 5 years?Can I make changes in the express entry profile(work experience) after I have received the notification of interest from Ontario.?

My work experience within the last 5 years and the one I mentioned in the express entry profile(2012-2014) are in different NOCs and are of different durations.If I make changes in the work experience,my CRS will also change.

Please advise.