+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario PNP (OINP) - 2017: Join here

lostguy

Jan 25, 2015
Hi Anwer and Senior members,

Urgent question please help

I got a NOI for ontario in May 2017 but before i could sumbit my application in july ontario placed a hold on registerations in july. I waited for about 3-4 months but they did not resume the registerations. On 26 october saskatechwan internatinal skilled worker opened and My NoC was on the occupation in demand list so i submitted my application under that category. A week later Ontario resumed the registerations. I am confused now what should i do. I really want to submit my application under OINP.

My question is it allowed to submit application under 2 provinces? Is it going to create any issues for either of my applications? Your sincere advise would be highly apprecaited. Please help

thiagomgd

Jul 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi Anwer and Senior members,

Urgent question please help

I got a NOI for ontario in May 2017 but before i could sumbit my application in july ontario placed a hold on registerations in july. I waited for about 3-4 months but they did not resume the registerations. On 26 october saskatechwan internatinal skilled worker opened and My NoC was on the occupation in demand list so i submitted my application under that category. A week later Ontario resumed the registerations. I am confused now what should i do. I really want to submit my application under OINP.

My question is it allowed to submit application under 2 provinces? Is it going to create any issues for either of my applications? Your sincere advise would be highly apprecaited. Please help
as far as I know, you can only have 1 active PNP process going. Maybe it's the case of withdrawing your Sask. application, and registering for Ontario

thiagomgd

Jul 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
I'm very happy that I was able to register on Thursday. Now it's time to get my bank documents and translate everything :D

Best luck for everyone that successfully registered :)

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
as far as I know, you can only have 1 active PNP process going. Maybe it's the case of withdrawing your Sask. application, and registering for Ontario
@lostguy no, it is fine to apply to more than one PNP program. You just can't accept nomination from more than one province. However, you do need to demonstrate intent to reside in Ontario, so you might want to mention in your letter of intent that you really want to reside in Ontario and it is your first choice, but you did apply for SINP as a second choice because you were not sure if OINP would be reopening any time soon, etc. You should withdraw your SINP application after you receive nomination from Ontario.

see page 3 (page 8 of the PDF)
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf

Note: If you receive and accept an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from IRCC or a nomination from another province or territory after you have already applied to OINP, the OINP is unable to continue processing your application. You must submit a request to withdraw your application with the OINP. Your application fee will not be refunded if the OINP has started processing your application. Application fees are non-refundable if processing has already begun, as they cover OINP’s cost of processing applications.

noblevrghs

Nov 4, 2017
Thanks Both for the help. There is no status change till now. I will call OINP and try to resolve it.
I contacted customer care and they said its a technical issue. Now the status is changed to "SUBMITTED" from "Waiting for Submission". Is that the expected status? I didn't get any email confirmation receipt yet.

lostguy

Jan 25, 2015
@lostguy no, it is fine to apply to more than one PNP program. You just can't accept nomination from more than one province. However, you do need to demonstrate intent to reside in Ontario, so you might want to mention in your letter of intent that you really want to reside in Ontario and it is your first choice, but you did apply for SINP as a second choice because you were not sure if OINP would be reopening any time soon, etc. You should withdraw your SINP application after you receive nomination from Ontario.

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf

Note: If you receive and accept an Invitation to Apply (ITA) from IRCC or a nomination from another province or territory after you have already applied to OINP, the OINP is unable to continue processing your application. You must submit a request to withdraw your application with the OINP. Your application fee will not be refunded if the OINP has started processing your application. Application fees are non-refundable if processing has already begun, as they cover OINP’s cost of processing applications.
Thank you so much for such a detailed answer. Is there any thing else i need to take care of before sumbitting my aplication for OINP and Do i need to mention in my OINO intent letter that i will withdraw my application for saskatechwan once i get nominated by OINP?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thank you so much for such a detailed answer. Is there any thing else i need to take care of before sumbitting my aplication for OINP and Do i need to mention in my OINO intent letter that i will withdraw my application for saskatechwan once i get nominated by OINP?
I think it's a good idea to mention that you will withdraw your SINP application as soon as you are nominated by Ontario.

As for other things to take care of before submitting, note that the photo requirements in the instructions are not consistent with what's on the OINP webpage when you get in the application - the instructions do not say that you need to scan the front and back of the picture. So if you were going to submit a digital photo, you now need to get a physical photo (preferably a passport photo) taken. The requirements are:

Photograph
Provide a copy of the front and back of a photograph of yourself that meets the following requirements:
  • Dimensions: final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm by 45mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”), 300dpi or 413 pixels x 531 pixels or greater, showing full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph and including the top of the shoulders.
  • Head, from chin to crown, must be between 31mm and 36mm (1 1/4” or 1 7/16”).
  • The background of the photo must be white.
  • Your name and date of birth must be written on the back of your photo.
  • Note: Photographs that are not clear or are low-quality will not be accepted.
  • Include the name of the person in the file name, for example, “John Smith passport photo.jpg”.

Also, remember to have a duplicate ECA sent to OINP if you have not done this already (once you have your OINP file number).

senthilpriya

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Boston, United States
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-09-2017
Doc's Request.
20-10-2017
Nomination.....
27-06-2017
AOR Received.
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
05-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2018
LANDED..........
20-02-2019
Hello,

I have CRS score 381 and my NOC is 2171.What are the chances to get NOI from Ontario. Please suggest.
You have good chance to get one... How much did you score in IELTS?. You can boost up the score with IELTS ..

Reactions: Oyster

lostguy

Jan 25, 2015

I think it's a good idea to mention that you will withdraw your SINP application as soon as you are nominated by Ontario.

As for other things to take care of before submitting, note that the photo requirements in the instructions are not consistent with what's on the OINP webpage when you get in the application - the instructions do not say that you need to scan the front and back of the picture. So if you were going to submit a digital photo, you now need to get a physical photo (preferably a passport photo) taken. The requirements are:

Photograph
Provide a copy of the front and back of a photograph of yourself that meets the following requirements:
  • Dimensions: final frame size of the photo must be at least 35mm by 45mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”), 300dpi or 413 pixels x 531 pixels or greater, showing full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph and including the top of the shoulders.
  • Include the name of the person in the file name, for example, “John Smith passport photo.jpg”.

Also, remember to have a duplicate ECA sent to OINP if you have not done this already (once you have your OINP file number).
Thank you so much, much appreciated

Photograph

Thank you so much, much appreciated. Your are of great help.

Reactions: trumprefugee

rudhi

Jun 22, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Is there a whatsapp group for OINP Nov 2017 applications ? If not, I will creat one, please share your contact details. Thanks