NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OWP:06-Feb-2013, PR:30-Jan-13
Nomination.....
30-10-2012
AOR Received.
OWP: 06-06-2013, PR: 06-03-13 (1st AOR from Nova Scotia, 2nd 28-06-13)
Med's Request
05-06-2013
Med's Done....
13-06-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Sent back: 14-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2013
LANDED..........
Landed. PR file transfered to Srilanka.
Hi O_Canada,

Thanks. :) Hope it should be like that only.
And very much true belief about Canada Process Time ;)

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
Hello all,

I arrived in CANADA on 11th July 2013 on work permit. (Thought PAFSO strike will take long time so came on work permit)
I have already applied for PR application from India in 2012 & Now i got approval email on 30th July to Send Original Passport to New Delhi.

So my question is that
1) is it really required to send Passport for PR VISA, as i am already in CANADA & its just matter of Confirmation Of PR letter?
2) I am here in CANADA with my family, So is it OK that i will only go & carry my family's passport with authorization letter & get it stamped
Or

I am not sure how much time will take after submission of my Passport

please somebody share your experience as they said to submit in 30 days only.

Thanks in advance

rane

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2012
Nomination.....
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
13-12-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!
LANDED..........
As soon as I receive the magical maple sticker!!
Hi ptaral,

Congratulations on ur PPR!!

How long did it take after your MR to receive PPR??

blitzk

Star Member
Jan 15, 2013
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2013 and 02-11-2012
Nomination.....
23-09-2012
AOR Received.
22-Mar-2013 (NS-CIO);08-May-2013 (SGVO)
Hi guys, for those who landed already in Canada via OWP, i just want to check if you know whether we can have Goods To Follow (GTF) just like those coming in as a PR? Thanks in advance.

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
HI all,

Is it really required to go in Home country if person already present in CANADA on Open work Permit

Please suggest me at earliest

Thx

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
HI O_Canada,

So u know my situation now ;-)
I got PR VISA mail & don't know what to do now & whom to contact.

Thx

rane

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2012
Nomination.....
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
13-12-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!
LANDED..........
Hi ptaral,

That you are in Canada you could call CIC and check what best they could do for now. There should be some workaround, there would be many in similar situations. Pls let us, the forum members know whatever CIC advises so that many of us can adopt the path who would land in similar situation as U in some time to come.

tarakvshah

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Hi Pratal,

I am also in Canada and staying in PG now. My roommates suggest that in such case

We have to go USA and cross the border ... at time of custom they stamp immigration VISA.

I am not sure but u can check for this alternative.

rane

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2012
Nomination.....
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
13-12-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!
LANDED..........
Hi tarakvshah,

That's the landing process, I think is also called flag polling wherein you cross the Canadian border, go to US border and return to Canadian side to complete your landing formalities.

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
Hi, Rane, tarak

Th8s procedure is after getting PR VISA,But how to get PR VISA th8 is the question please find the answer from Delhi,which i got today

-----------
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
If you are currently in India, you are requested to submit your passport to our office by a secure means (Registered mail or commercial courier). It cannot be submitted in person. Our mailing address is:

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
PO Box 5209
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi, India 110021

If the commercial courier you have selected will not deliver to a PO box, please omit “PO Box 5209” from the address. Your package will still be delivered correctly. Unless you have been specifically requested to do so, do not come in person to our office to submit your passport.

If you, or one of your dependants, are currently outside of India, please note that your visa(s) can only be issued by the visa office where your application is in process. Your file cannot be transferred to another visa office for visa issuance, nor can your passport be forwarded by one Visa Office to another.

Indian law prohibits the sending of passports in and out of the country by mail or courier. If you are not able to submit your passport within the time period you have been given by our office, you may ask for an extension. In order to do so, you must request an extension in writing and explain the reason for extension. A request for extension should be made well in advance of the deadline or your application may be refused for non-compliance.

Further, you will need to provide a mailing address in India to which your passport can be returned by Registered mail after your visa is issued. If that address is different than the address currently on your file, you will need to submit an original letter, signed by you, requesting a change of address.

A trusted friend, relative, or agent may send, through the secure means outlined above, from within India, your passport to our office on your behalf. However, please note that it is your responsibility to send the passports to our office in adherence with international law and within the deadline which we have given you for such submission.

Due to the high volume of correspondence received by this office, it generally takes several days following receipt to process passports and place them on file. The file is then directed to the attention of a processing team, where it may take several more days for a final review to take place to ensure all requirements have met for visa issuance.

As soon as the review has taken place, our office will contact the applicants in case any further documentation or information is required. If the officer is satisfied all requirements have been met, visas will be issued, following which we will return the passports to the applicant by registered mail. Kindly note that it can take several days for registered mail to reach its destination.

Please be advised that all statutory requirements must be met before we can issue visas. We therefore cannot provide you with a precise date by which this application will be finalized and the passports returned. Your patience is appreciated. We can assure you that we give the highest processing priority to cases which are ready for visa issuance for which passports have been submitted.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section/ Section de l’immigration - 9
High Commission of Canada/ Haut-Commissariat du Canada
PO Box 5209
New Delhi, India/Inde 110021

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
ptaral said:
Hi, Rane, tarak

Th8s procedure is after getting PR VISA,But how to get PR VISA th8 is the question please find the answer from Delhi,which i got today

-----------
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.
If you are currently in India, you are requested to submit your passport to our office by a secure means (Registered mail or commercial courier). It cannot be submitted in person. Our mailing address is:

Immigration Section
PO Box 5209
New Delhi, India 110021

If the commercial courier you have selected will not deliver to a PO box, please omit “PO Box 5209” from the address. Your package will still be delivered correctly. Unless you have been specifically requested to do so, do not come in person to our office to submit your passport.

If you, or one of your dependants, are currently outside of India, please note that your visa(s) can only be issued by the visa office where your application is in process. Your file cannot be transferred to another visa office for visa issuance, nor can your passport be forwarded by one Visa Office to another.

Indian law prohibits the sending of passports in and out of the country by mail or courier. If you are not able to submit your passport within the time period you have been given by our office, you may ask for an extension. In order to do so, you must request an extension in writing and explain the reason for extension. A request for extension should be made well in advance of the deadline or your application may be refused for non-compliance.

Further, you will need to provide a mailing address in India to which your passport can be returned by Registered mail after your visa is issued. If that address is different than the address currently on your file, you will need to submit an original letter, signed by you, requesting a change of address.

A trusted friend, relative, or agent may send, through the secure means outlined above, from within India, your passport to our office on your behalf. However, please note that it is your responsibility to send the passports to our office in adherence with international law and within the deadline which we have given you for such submission.

Due to the high volume of correspondence received by this office, it generally takes several days following receipt to process passports and place them on file. The file is then directed to the attention of a processing team, where it may take several more days for a final review to take place to ensure all requirements have met for visa issuance.

As soon as the review has taken place, our office will contact the applicants in case any further documentation or information is required. If the officer is satisfied all requirements have been met, visas will be issued, following which we will return the passports to the applicant by registered mail. Kindly note that it can take several days for registered mail to reach its destination.

Please be advised that all statutory requirements must be met before we can issue visas. We therefore cannot provide you with a precise date by which this application will be finalized and the passports returned. Your patience is appreciated. We can assure you that we give the highest processing priority to cases which are ready for visa issuance for which passports have been submitted.

Immigration Section/ Section de l'immigration - 9
PO Box 5209

Its difficult situation to work with.. in my friends parents case they have submitted their passports 6 mths ago and still not received this, he got the same reply as urs. CIC don't understand others situation.

I guess one of ur family member can carry the passports and travel back home and submit the passports..be prepare for stuck for minimum 2 months as they might take this much time to complete the process, Once this is processed they can send your passport via courier and then u can exit out and reenter to get the formalities completed..

Do let us know how are u planning as this might help others too.

rp_tp

hooverback

Aug 31, 2004
Bangalore, India
Hi Ptaral,

Thanks for sharing this information with all of us. Could you kindly let us know how is your address showing in ECAS. Recently ECAS has started showing two addresses: Current Home Address and Current Mailing Address. Does your ECAS page show that your current home address is Canada?

I think the reply from NDVO puts all of us who have come on work permit, in a tight spot. Once we receive our PPR, we will have to somehow submit our passports to NDVO for stamping and then figure out how to get the stamped passports back. It would have been much easier if NDVO sent CPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident) documents to us since we already have temporary resident visa.

- Hooverback

ptaral said:
Hi, Rane, tarak

-----------
Dear Sir/Madam,

Immigration Section
PO Box 5209
New Delhi, India 110021

Immigration Section/ Section de l'immigration - 9
PO Box 5209

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
When i landed in CANADA, my current address automatically got changed to only Toronto, Ontario,CANADA.
Then i updated my full address to CANADAIN address, both mailing & communication address is of CANADA,

Thought it might help me for PR,But no use. ;-(

Still i am fighting & trying to get in touch with local CIC & lets c
& thinking to go to home country for VISA stamping. ;-(

roxxane

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
Hi Ptral,

I understand your situation well.Just curious to know that do have you got any Job offer in hand?

I also landed in 2nd week of July in BC under same Program and looking for Job in my trade. Though I found it bit difficult to get response directly from employers but I got couple of responses from recruiting agencies and they managed to arrange some interviews. Most off the hiring managers and employers(Full time- Contract) are on vacations due to summer break and long weekends and I am expecting something good next month onwards.

Also I noticed that most of the employers prefers landed immigrants for full time positions as they do expect the employee for long term association with them and Consultants are aware of the fact and suggests OPW holders to go for contracts.

I came here alone(w/o family) and currently on 3-4 months leave from INDIA. After reading you mail, I am afraid that in case we be offered any job(Contract/ Permanent), then I need to resign from current employment in INDIA and later once the NDVO will ask for PPR request(for me I assume it will be in OCT as my 2nd AOR was on June 24th) then it will be difficult for us to get 3-4 weeks(normal time) leave??? from new employer.

God forbid, Considering this issue,there can be a situation that we end us loosing both the jobs and this will also effect our resume badly as almost all the employers here asks and checks for employment references.

I don't understand that why they have issued and brought this trend of 2 years OWP in picture for PNP nominations in case they want the applicants to fly back to INDIA for final PR stamping.

Now Coming to the issue directly::

I think it will wise and good to bring this in notice of the current immigration minister-The Honourable Chris Alexander, P.C., M.P
There is nothing wrong in asking about the resolution, we have got PNP nomination based upon the labour market need in Canada and based upon our qualification and experience we are holding in different trades, they had issued nominations and visa after due consideration only.

We have full right to bring the challenges we are facing and seek their advice and resolution on the same before wasting ($7000-8000) on air fare to INDIA and that too keeping our current job(if any) in risk.

Please see in case you can drop a note to below id and seek their advice on the issue and let everyone know on the outcome.

Chris Alexander, P.C., M.P
Minister@cic.gc.ca.

Best regards,
Roxxane

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
th8s good idea,

i already mailed to Ontario Opportunity department...lets c

I request you all to do the same, please forward ur concern to CIC.
I will wait for Ontario Ministry's reply, If does't get positive response i will try to contact M.P. too.
Because this is waste of time,money & career.