Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
ptaral said:
th8s good idea,

i already mailed to Ontario Opportunity department...lets c

I request you all to do the same, please forward ur concern to CIC.
I will wait for Ontario Ministry's reply, If does't get positive response i will try to contact M.P. too.
Because this is waste of time,money & career.
Really worried to see the new happenings. I was fearing this from the day i got the OWP. My file is in Srilanka and i attached a detailed letter to them
when i submitted RPRF DD copy to Colombo. I feel Opportunity Ontario is the team that can make some difference.

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
yes..even my file is in Sri lanka & got mail from them to submit passport to New Delhi..

Now i know pradeeshma & O_Canada (i met him personally 2 days back,Hope he remember me) are in the same boat..
right now i m leading the boat ;-(

vuexperts

Jun 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear O_canada

My work permit has been stamped and now waiting for RPRF.

dear should i still maintain my Bank Statement , or i can draw money from bank

Vijender_Rana

Apr 5, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
O_Canada said:
Hello ,

I am in similar situation like you.

Although I had submitted these documents initially with my Application to CIO Nova Scotia and to Opportunities Ontario for getting Nomination Certificate but as CIC Colombo office is asking again, So I have provided them the same document copies again . As I stayed in Canada earlier so they have asked me to provide Finger Prints Impression as well. Srilanka office has asked me to deposit RPRF fees in New Delhi and then provide them its reciept. So Paying this RPRF was a challenge, VFS did not accept this fees from me so I had to make a draft and courier this to New Delhi office. Now I am waiting for its payment receipt. You are lucky that they have asked for Copy of ur IELTS, in my case they wanted Original IELTS exam result. Good Luck, let's hope we all hear good news soon.
Hi friend..have u received your fingerprint result. if yes, then how long it took to get RCMP clearance?

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
Guys Contacted to

info.MCI@ontario.ca
OMC-GOC-Immigration@cic.gc.ca

Reply from them as it is for internal query &

------------------------------
Thank you for your inquiry to the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration. As a provincial ministry Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration does not deal with issues regarding coming to Canada either to immigrate, visit, study or work; and/or sponsoring a relative, applying for refugee status; or questions regarding obtaining or regaining Canadian citizenship. Your request falls under the jurisdiction of the Federal Government of Canada. Please redirect your question to the Federal General Inquiry line at 1-888-242-2100 (1-800-755-7046 outside of Canada) or visit their website at www.cic.gc.ca

:(

roxxane

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
They are correct.Immigration related queries are in jurisdiction of federaj govt.Please see in case you can drop a mail addressing ur situation to minister and seek his advice. Lets hope for the best. Regards,Roxxane

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ptaral said:
yes..even my file is in Sri lanka & got mail from them to submit passport to New Delhi..

Now i know pradeeshma & O_Canada (i met him personally 2 days back,Hope he remember me) are in the same boat..
right now i m leading the boat ;-(
Dear ptaral,

I still remember you man :) .

Please draft one mail and send it to Minister as suggested by Roxxane.

Share the draft of this e-mail with the forum members so that we all can send e-mail to minister highlighting our concern. We have wasted 8 years of our life in this struggle and finally when we saw a ray of hope then things are again getting complex.

With these multiple e-mails once they see that there are so many people getting impacted with this issue then hopefully they should find a better process to solve this issue. I believe this is a kind of new issue which CIC never thought about and they have not created a process to solve this.

Let's hope this problem gets resolved quickly. In the meanwhile ask for an extension for some time from Srilanka Visa Office just to be on safer side.

Good Luck to All.

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
Sent below mail to

Minister @ cic.gc.ca,
Chris.Alexander @ parl.gc.ca
& to Local MP as well
chris.charlton.c1 @ parl.gc.ca

lets c...what will happen?...u can also send mail to above two Ids

-----------------
Hi Guys,

I am XXXXXXXXXXXX (UCI-XXXXXXXX), arrived in CANADA with my family on 11th July 2013 on open work permit (valid till March 2015-multiple entry), as suggested by immigration department (received letter from Ontario) that i can come on work permit while my PR application (Under FSW- Pilot Ontario PNP program) is in process to start our life early.

Now i received email from High Commission stating that my PR application has been approved & i need to send my original Passport to New Delhi-India

But i have few queries as below
1) As i am already in CANADA then PR VISA is really required ? or Confirmation of PR letter is not enough? & Or can't they send CoPR to CANADA & rest procedure can be done here.
2) Now it is not feasible to go to India again for only PR VISA which will cost me a lot money wise & time wise, I am worried because of PAFSO strike at new Delhi.
3) As per my knowledge, I can not send my original Passport across the border though Courier as Per Indian Government Law.
4) I know there are too many candidates like me here in CANADA, who came on Open work permit & they might have to go again to home country even though we have valid multiple-entry Work VISA, By this we will loose our job here & waste our valuable time of our life.

I would be most grateful if you would look into this matter as soon as possible, Or at least try to streamline some process.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ptaral said:
Sent below mail to

Minister @ cic.gc.ca,
& to Local MP as well

-----------------
Hi Guys,

I am XXXXXXXXXXXX (UCI-XXXXXXXX), arrived in CANADA with my family on 11th July 2013 on open work permit (valid till March 2015-multiple entry), as suggested by immigration department (received letter from Ontario) that i can come on work permit while my PR application (Under FSW- Pilot Ontario PNP program) is in process to start our life early.

Now i received email from High Commission stating that my PR application has been approved & i need to send my original Passport to New Delhi-India

1) As i am already in CANADA then PR VISA is really required ? or Confirmation of PR letter is not enough? & Or can't they send CoPR to CANADA & rest procedure can be done here.
2) Now it is not feasible to go to India again for only PR VISA which will cost me a lot money wise & time wise, I am worried because of PAFSO strike at new Delhi.
3) As per my knowledge, I can not send my original Passport across the border though Courier as Per Indian Government Law.
4) I know there are too many candidates like me here in CANADA, who came on Open work permit & they might have to go again to home country even though we have valid multiple-entry Work VISA, By this we will loose our job here & waste our valuable time of our life.

I would be most grateful if you would look into this matter as soon as possible, Or at least try to streamline some process.
Hi ptaral,

Content and the main theme of this letter looks good, but we might need to change some lines / tone of this letter . E.g add some good Salutation. e.g : Instead of Hi Guys. We should write Dear Minister.

I will try to rephrase some of the lines in this letter and then we all can send this e-mail to these mail ID's.

Thanks for your efforts and taking lead in this matter.

Regards.

rane

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2012
Nomination.....
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
13-12-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!
LANDED..........
As soon as I receive the magical maple sticker!!
This issue is of concern to everyone who is not in India. CIC should facilitate COPR and visa stamping in countries where people currently are working/residing. We have been selected on the basis of qualification and experience, there's no way we can not opt for better opportunities abroad. Rather than asking us to by any means send passport to NDVO, when its illegal to send passports by post/courier across borders they should stamp visas in any country where there is a Canadian visa office present. I'm sure CIC is quite capable of accessing our data globally so as to achieve this seamlessly.

Going back to India only for passport stamping is criminal waste of money and time. Also, if we decide that one family member carries all other family members passports to India (to save travel cost), staying in foreign land without passport is no less illegal. Its a tough call, cant throw away the job either knowing the uncertainty that comes along with this process. Visa stamping timeline is unknown too. People have got their passports back anytime between a week to 4-6 months. There is no way we can take leave from work and go to India. If CIC ensures stamping in a week or two we can still spend on airfare and exercise the option of travelling to India. All in all, tough situation to take a call.

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
Hi Guys for you all.

I wrote Respected Sir/Madam in email don't worry ;-)

BTW, i called CIC call center again..lady told me th8, this is not 1st case..& suggested th8 u can send ur passport through DHL its highly secured or u can only contact New Delhi they only can do something & rejected request for appointment in local CIC office.
Also i asked th8, i won't have official ID here then she said keep copy of th8 requested letter...Don't know how much feasible

hooverback

Aug 31, 2004
Bangalore, India
Ptaral,

No offense intended, but I think you didn't draft your email appropriately. When you're addressing senior officials in the government, you have to be respectful of their position. Addressing a minister as "Guys" appears to be very casual to me. I think you could have drafted the letter as follows:

Hon. Minister,

I'm writing this letter to you to resolve a difficult situation due to no fault of mine. I'm a provincial nominee under the Federal Skilled Worker Pilot program of the government of Canada. My UCI Reference is XYZ. I received an open work permit (valid till March 2015) by the province of Ontario to speed up my absorption in the Canadian labor market. I arrived in Canada with my family on July 11, 2013 under a temporary resident visa issued by the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi.

I have recently received an email from the Canadian High Commission, Sri Lanka (the visa office currently processing my application) to submit passports of me and my family to the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi. The passport request was issued for stamping Canadian Permanent Resident visa's on our passports. I wouldn't have had any problems meeting this requirement if I were residing in India. But since I've moved to Canada, I'm facing the following problems in meeting this requirement:

1. The Government of India prohibits its citizens from sending passport by mail, courier or any other third party outside the country of residence. Therefore, I cannot legally send my passport by any of these means. If I try to send my passport by any of these means, my passport can be impounded by customs officials in India.

2. The Government of India allows its citizens to send passport through a representative (friend, family member etc.). Should I consider this option, then I have to find somebody to send my passport to India and then find another person to bring the passport from India.

3. I can travel to India to submit my passport and then wait in India until I've received the passport with the stamped Permanent Resident visa's. But this will involve unnecessary expenditure and also jeopardize my chances of getting a job in Canada.

The Government of Canada typically issues COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident) documents to residents of countries who don't require a visa to travel to Canada. The Government of Canada can issue the same COPR to provincial nominees who have received temporary resident visas to come to Canada. If a COPR document is issued, people like myself will not have to undergo the trauma of sending and receiving passports and also avoid any unnecessary travel expenditure.

I request you to kindly consider the above information and direct your ministry to amend the laws governing issuance of permanent resident visas to provincial nominee's. I look forward to your support and cooperation.

Respectfully,
{Your Full Name}

ptaral said:
Sent below mail to

Minister @ cic.gc.ca,
& to Local MP as well

-----------------
Hi Guys,

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rane said:
This issue is of concern to everyone who is not in India. CIC should facilitate COPR and visa stamping in countries where people currently are working/residing. We have been selected on the basis of qualification and experience, there's no way we can not opt for better opportunities abroad. Rather than asking us to by any means send passport to NDVO, when its illegal to send passports by post/courier across borders they should stamp visas in any country where there is a Canadian visa office present. I'm sure CIC is quite capable of accessing our data globally so as to achieve this seamlessly.

Going back to India only for passport stamping is criminal waste of money and time. Also, if we decide that one family member carries all other family members passports to India (to save travel cost), staying in foreign land without passport is no less illegal. Its a tough call, cant throw away the job either knowing the uncertainty that comes along with this process. Visa stamping timeline is unknown too. People have got their passports back anytime between a week to 4-6 months. There is no way we can take leave from work and go to India. If CIC ensures stamping in a week or two we can still spend on airfare and exercise the option of travelling to India. All in all, tough situation to take a call.

CIC is quite capable of accessing our data globally . Sri Lanka Visa office asking us to Send our passports to NDVO is an example of this capability. File is getting processed in Srilanka and Visa will be stamped from New Delhi.

So eventually they should ask us to send our passport to any nearest Visa office and that should be the solution of this problem for those people who are staying abroad.

When a person who is holding a valid multiple entry Work Permit Visa , I believe that person does not needs another visa stamping for PR Landing completion , they should just send COPR letter to his mailing address and that is the simple solution of this problem.

Rest only time will tell because CIC is full of surprises, Wasted 7 yrs of life in chasing this Canadian dream. Let's hope this journey gets completed safely and becomes a pleasant experience of life.

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
I did it, as mentioned in previous post,but its ok

Really nice drafting from you ;-) & will use for next time for sure

i would request u all to forward similar kind of mail too.

One more thing,one of my friend is in CANADA on valid work permit - multiple entry & applied for PR within CANADA & its gets approved, still they requested his passport for PR VISA stamping but in CANADA only, So i think PR VISA stamping is required in any case

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hooverback said:
Ptaral,

No offense intended, but I think you didn't draft your email appropriately. When you're addressing senior officials in the government, you have to be respectful of their position. Addressing a minister as "Guys" appears to be very casual to me. I think you could have drafted the letter as follows:

Hon. Minister,

I'm writing this letter to you to resolve a difficult situation due to no fault of mine. I'm a provincial nominee under the Federal Skilled Worker Pilot program of the government of Canada. My UCI Reference is XYZ. I received an open work permit (valid till March 2015) by the province of Ontario to speed up my absorption in the Canadian labor market. I arrived in Canada with my family on July 11, 2013 under a temporary resident visa issued by the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi.

I have recently received an email from the Canadian High Commission, Sri Lanka (the visa office currently processing my application) to submit passports of me and my family to the Canadian High Commission, New Delhi. The passport request was issued for stamping Canadian Permanent Resident visa's on our passports. I wouldn't have had any problems meeting this requirement if I were residing in India. But since I've moved to Canada, I'm facing the following problems in meeting this requirement:

1. The Government of India prohibits its citizens from sending passport by mail, courier or any other third party outside the country of residence. Therefore, I cannot legally send my passport by any of these means. If I try to send my passport by any of these means, my passport can be impounded by customs officials in India.

2. The Government of India allows its citizens to send passport through a representative (friend, family member etc.). Should I consider this option, then I have to find somebody to send my passport to India and then find another person to bring the passport from India.

3. I can travel to India to submit my passport and then wait in India until I've received the passport with the stamped Permanent Resident visa's. But this will involve unnecessary expenditure and also jeopardize my chances of getting a job in Canada.

The Government of Canada typically issues COPR (Confirmation of Permanent Resident) documents to residents of countries who don't require a visa to travel to Canada. The Government of Canada can issue the same COPR to provincial nominees who have received temporary resident visas to come to Canada. If a COPR document is issued, people like myself will not have to undergo the trauma of sending and receiving passports and also avoid any unnecessary travel expenditure.

I request you to kindly consider the above information and direct your ministry to amend the laws governing issuance of permanent resident visas to provincial nominee's. I look forward to your support and cooperation.

Respectfully,
{Your Full Name}
Very good Draft hooverback .

We may give reference to this as well in this e-mail so that it will be easy for them to understand and relate us with a particular Pilot Program Category:

Operational Bulletin 470 - November 5, 2012
Open Work Permit Requests from Provincial Nominees Identified Through the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Backlog Reduction Pilot

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob470.asp