Nomination.....
28-07-2012
AOR Received.
28-07-2013
IELTS Request
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Aug 2013
ptaral

Can you share your time lines please just estimating how much time it will take for this request.. I got 2nd AOR request in July from NDVO and i am currently in U.S

hooverback

Aug 31, 2004
Bangalore, India
Dear All PNP Nominees:

Please suggest what will be correct method to reach out to CIC. Should we all write separate emails when we receive PPRs from our respective visa office. Or, should we send a group email in advance to CIC requesting them to amend the provisions for granting PR visa. What should be the format of the group email. O_Canada, you've contributed a lot in this forum. Can you take the lead on this issue?

All of us who've come to Canada on OWP are going to face this situation very soon. I thought that the Government of Canada will be wise enough to send us COPR, but it doesn't look like that. Unless we act together, we will have to individually solve our problem.

- Hooverback

pradeeshma said:
Thanks all. I am also sending the email. Will keep you all posted

MAX A MILLION

Jul 5, 2013
I am an Ontario Nominee currently in Toronto on OWP since June.

I received my PPR from Colombo office. Looking at all the efforts of emailing officials or asking for extension I have decided I am planning to go back to India and submit my passports to VFS

After waiting for so long for this moment I feel its is foolish to prolong it any further.

Coming on OWP was a bad idea anyways looking at most of the employers preference for Canadian exp for full time pr.

It actually doesn't matter if it is a couple of grand expense to go back and forth.

waitinginpak

Aug 7, 2013
Hi,

I am also planning to go to Canada in Sep on OWP but the the PR Visa stamping is a big issue. I can feel for those who are already in Canada using OWP.

However, I did some research and came across this operational bulletin: Inland CIC Processing of Confirmation of Permanent Residence Documents Originating from Visa Offices

PS: I am newbie and not allowed to post links therefore please find the link by google the text "Inland CIC Processing of Confirmation of Permanent Residence Documents Originating from Visa Offices"

Please share your thoughts!

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
I got acknowledge from local MP th8 my concern has been forwarded & get back to me once they here from them..crossing the finger.

I have decided that i will send my wife along with my passport & consent letter...what do u all say?

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waitinginpak said:
Hi,

I am also planning to go to Canada in Sep on OWP but the the PR Visa stamping is a big issue. I can feel for those who are already in Canada using OWP.

However, I did some research and came across this operational bulletin: Inland CIC Processing of Confirmation of Permanent Residence Documents Originating from Visa Offices

PS: I am newbie and not allowed to post links therefore please find the link by google the text "Inland CIC Processing of Confirmation of Permanent Residence Documents Originating from Visa Offices"

Please share your thoughts!
Good Info waitinginpak .

Here is the link for those who are unable to find this link through Google Search.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob402.asp

We can also refer to this link to Sri Lanka Visa Office while sending an e-mail to them.

May be due to Strike at most of the visa offices new / temp staff is working and they don't have proper info so that is why they are doing like this ??? This link might point them to their Operational Manual . May be experienced staff which is on Strike is not guiding these new guys properly because they are defeating the purpose of their Strike :) e.g : When an offshore IT resource goes for KT at Onshore :D he/she gets similar treatment.

P Taral : Send this link to Srilanka Office and see what is their response????

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ptaral said:
I got acknowledge from local MP th8 my concern has been forwarded & get back to me once they here from them..crossing the finger.

I have decided that i will send my wife along with my passport & consent letter...what do u all say?
If nothing materializes then that is the gateway of last resort. If CIC is not listening to our concerns then I do not see if there is any other option. After waiting for so many years to reach this mile stone we can't loose this opportunity.

Just in case of any Identity issue : We can keep a scanned copy of Passport + The Copy of Email from Srilanka Visa office to prove to any authority in Canada that our passport is with their Embassy for Visa Stamping. So before charging us of any wrong doing please check with your embassy if my passport is with them or not.

But for sure due to any emergency situation we will not be able to travel outside Canada without passport.

You may want to discuss this with any Immigration Lawyer / Consulate General of India Office @ Toronto before sending your passport through your Wife ( As Messenger to carry to passport to India ) ?????

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hooverback said:
Dear All PNP Nominees:

Please suggest what will be correct method to reach out to CIC. Should we all write separate emails when we receive PPRs from our respective visa office. Or, should we send a group email in advance to CIC requesting them to amend the provisions for granting PR visa. What should be the format of the group email. O_Canada, you've contributed a lot in this forum. Can you take the lead on this issue?

All of us who've come to Canada on OWP are going to face this situation very soon. I thought that the Government of Canada will be wise enough to send us COPR, but it doesn't look like that. Unless we act together, we will have to individually solve our problem.

- Hooverback
Hi Hooverback,

CIC might not want us to disclose Personal Private Information in the Public Forum ( File Numbers / Legal Names etc.. ) . So I believe instead of a group e-mail, it might be better to send individual e-mails.

One e-mail in an Inbox might be easily ignored but so many mails coming in from different people due to same concern might raise some eyebrows.

Its just my thought other forum members can share how they wanna do this.

But while sending mails also refer about this Operational bulletin 402 , it seems CIC has some work around process in place to handle this kind of situation.

Inland CIC Processing of Confirmation of Permanent Residence Documents Originating from Visa Offices

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob402.asp

Cheersss!!

testuser

Jul 25, 2013
Hi O_Canada,

Please can you share about your status and any email from NDVO regarding sending Passport and fee for CoPR? When did you get your 2nd AOR from NDVO?

Thanks.
Regards,
Testuser

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
Already contacted...see the reply

--------------------------
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting BLS.

As per your query,
No , you cannot submit your passport here as your application is processing in India at Canadian embassy for your PR. Indian consulate has nothing to do with it.
we wont be able to answer your second question because you need to confirm this with Canadian immigration not with Indian.
No, nobody can travel with other's passport, its illegal.
i will suggest you to discuss your matter with Canadian immigration as you want PR for Canada. Indian consulate cannot help you in this matter. As , your application for PR was submitted with Canadian embassy in India.

Best Regards,
Operations - Officer
Toronto Jurisdiction
-----------------------------------------------

MAX A MILLION

Jul 5, 2013
You guys aren't seeing the bigger picture.

Opinions are based on vested interest.

Simply wasting your time.

The know all guy is taking you for a ride be smart. Thts all I ask.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ptaral said:
Already contacted...see the reply

--------------------------
Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting BLS.

As per your query,
No , you cannot submit your passport here as your application is processing in India at Canadian embassy for your PR. Indian consulate has nothing to do with it.
we wont be able to answer your second question because you need to confirm this with Canadian immigration not with Indian.
i will suggest you to discuss your matter with Canadian immigration as you want PR for Canada. Indian consulate cannot help you in this matter. As , your application for PR was submitted with Canadian embassy in India.

Best Regards,
Operations - Officer
Toronto Jurisdiction
-----------------------------------------------

This is clear that she can't use ur passport to enter Indian / Canadian border. It will be just in the luggage like a book :) Unless a passport has sensor which starts beeping when plane enter's Indian Airspace .

I think we should start packing bags as well like MAX A MILLION is going back home.

Still I am thinking how this problem can be solved. Anybody please share if you or ur your friends have experience regarding following Scenario:

You come to Canada on a Closed Work permit for 6 Months. Your initial Visa was stamped with validity of 6 months. Your employer extends your WP for another Year . You want to Renew your Temp Visa so that you can re-enter canada just in case you wanna travel outside Canada for 1-2 weeks on vacation. Will you go to India for Canadian Visa Stamping or you will go to Canadian Embassy in USA ( Nearby Country ) or Send your passport through Postal mail to Canadian Embassy in USA for Canadian Visa Stamping ?

It means Indian Passport can travel from Canada to USA for Visa stamping by Post but it should not enter Indian teritory by postal mail as per Indian law ?

If a person can stay in Canada without passport for the duration his passport is with Canadian Consultate in USA for visa stamping then I think same thing might be applicable here when our passport is with Canadian Consulta in India ???

Actually here multiple agencies are involved , NDVO , Srilanka VO & then Indian Consulate so no one will take ownership of anything. They are just reading their operational manuals and copy pasting in e-mails replies.

MAX A MILLION is correct no one is seeing Big Picture.

Guys extend your passport submission timelines with Srilanka VO if ur time limit is getting exhausted and u are waiting just in case u will find some solution from CIC. Or start booking flights back to Home.

rp_tp

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
NO
Nomination.....
28-07-2012