+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario FSW Pilot

waitinginpak

Aug 7, 2013
Guys, please have a look at CIC Operation Manual for Provincial Nominees.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op07b-eng.pdf

5.1. Applicants with valid temporary status in Canada

A foreign national who has been issued a permanent resident visa in the Provincial Nominee
Class and who is a temporary resident in Canada must, to become a permanent resident, present
their permanent resident visa to an officer at a port of entry or at a Citizenship and Immigration
Canada (CIC) office in Canada (refer to R71.1).

This means that there is a mechanism which is used for issuance of Permanent Resident Visa to those who are already in Canada on TRV. But, the problem is that how do we convince Visa Office if it insists on sending the passports to Visa Office? or is this issue related to only New Delhi Visa office?

Your thought!

hooverback

Aug 31, 2004
Bangalore, India
Brilliant. Waitinginpak, it looks like you might turn out to be our savior!

In section 7.9 of the same manual, I find the following information:

Becoming a permanent resident
To become a permanent resident, any foreign national outside Canada needs to present their permanent resident visa at a port of entry to Canada.
As per policy decribed in Section 5.1 of this chapter, applicants whose permanent resident visa is issued while they are in Canada with a valid temporary resident status may:

- contact the Call Centre to request an appointment at a local CIC office to become a permanent resident at that location; or
- leave Canada and become a permanent resident upon re-entry to Canada at a port of entry. The template letters that accompany the permanent resident visas for provincial nominees must be amended by the visa offices to include the following paragraph:
Please note that if you are already in Canada and have a valid temporary resident status, you now have the option of obtaining your permanent resident status in Canada as opposed to leaving Canada and re-entering at a port of entry. Please contact CIC’s Call Centre at 1 888 242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment with the Citizenship and Immigration office nearest to your place of residence. (You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada.)

waitinginpak said:
Guys, please have a look at CIC Operation Manual for Provincial Nominees.

cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op07b-eng.pdf

5.1. Applicants with valid temporary status in Canada

A foreign national who has been issued a permanent resident visa in the Provincial Nominee
Class and who is a temporary resident in Canada must, to become a permanent resident, present
their permanent resident visa to an officer at a port of entry or at a Citizenship and Immigration
Canada (CIC) office in Canada (refer to R71.1).

This means that there is a mechanism which is used for issuance of Permanent Resident Visa to those who are already in Canada on TRV. But, the problem is that how do we convince Visa Office if it insists on sending the passports to Visa Office? or is this issue related to only New Delhi Visa office?

Your thought!

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ptaral said:
Address has been updated automatically when we landed on OWP.

Open work permit state "This does not authorize re-entry?" while Work VISA has multiple entry.

Does it mean we can travel multiple time but every time we have to take new work permit?

Can family member re-enter without primary applicant on multiple work VISA & single entry work permit?
Hi all,

Could any body explain, what does that mean "This does not authorize re-entry" its mentioned on WP

Thanks

rane

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2012
Nomination.....
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
13-12-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!
LANDED..........
As soon as I receive the magical maple sticker!!
Excellent job waitinginpak & hooverback!! Thank you for saving time, money and jobs of so people facing this problem. God bless u guys!!

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
waitinginpak & hooverback & Rane...Its really good.

I got this option earlier, this option is only applicable if we have PR VISA,
- no need of flag polling no, but generally local CIC gives appointment after 4-6 for this procedure.

Our problem is how to get PR VISA?

it doesn't matter if u r in/out CANADA, PR VISA is must.

hooverback

Aug 31, 2004
Bangalore, India
Ptaral, your post is not clear. Please provide the following clarification:

1. Where did you get the information that the local CIC office gives appointment for inland processing of PR application after 4-6 months of residence in Canada. I'm assuming that is what you intended to convey.

2. To get the PR Visa, you will either have to send the passport to NDVO or alternatively, schedule an appointment at the local CIC office and get the passport stamped after meeting the CIC officials. Another option is to do flag polling. Why can't you write a clear communication to NDVO and request them to apply the provision for "inland processing of permanent resident visa" for your case. You didn't have this information when you communicated with NDVO before. Now that you have this information, you can send a mail to NDVO.

- Hooverback
ptaral said:
waitinginpak & hooverback & Rane...Its really good.

I got this option earlier, this option is only applicable if we have PR VISA,
- no need of flag polling no, but generally local CIC gives appointment after 4-6 for this procedure.

Our problem is how to get PR VISA?

it doesn't matter if u r in/out CANADA, PR VISA is must.

ptaral

Aug 1, 2013
Sorry for inconvenience ;-)

1) Local CIC office gives appointment for inland processing of PR application after 4-6 weeks of residence in Canada having PR VISA.
...Its average time..i got those information from one of my friend who recently got PR VISA (but not in out category)

2) You are right, I wrote it again,but you know... unfortunately NDVO is not responding to same candidate again & again on similar issue
;-( ...

In mean time, i contacted local M.P. & they sent my all doubts to NDVO on Friday..Lets C..I will hope NDVO will answer them in detail...will update you on the same in few days

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
ptaral said:
Sorry for inconvenience ;-)

1) Local CIC office gives appointment for inland processing of PR application after 4-6 weeks of residence in Canada having PR VISA.
...Its average time..i got those information from one of my friend who recently got PR VISA (but not in out category)

2) You are right, I wrote it again,but you know... unfortunately NDVO is not responding to same candidate again & again on similar issue
;-( ...

In mean time, i contacted local M.P. & they sent my all doubts to NDVO on Friday..Lets C..I will hope NDVO will answer them in detail...will update you on the same in few days
Thanks Bro for keeping us posted

waitinginpak

Aug 7, 2013
Guys,

I have found a thread where people have send their passports to New Delhi Visa Office for PR Visa stamping purpose while being in Canada.

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pnp-applied-for-pr-from-canada-in-new-delhi-chc-t96795.135.html

Please see Page 10 & onwards.

hooverback

Aug 31, 2004
Bangalore, India
Waitinginpak, thanks again for sharing another important information. So, it seems like we can send our passport thru Canadapost. But the next problem is how to get the passport back, because CHC will not send the passport to any location outside India / Pakistan.

Meanwhile, I have a request to all members of this thread. When you're communicating with CIC or the Canadian Consulate, please be mindful of the words that you use in your communication. Please read your communication 5 times before sending it across. Please try to be clear and concise in your communication. Please refrain from using unambiguous phrases and do not digress from our objective. Our objective is to get our passports stamped within Canada.

While analyzing the PNP program, I find that CIC will be issuing permanent resident visa's to the following categories of PNP applicants:

1. People who came to Canada as Temporary Workers / Students and received sponsorship from their employers to apply for immigration under the PNP category.
2. People who are currently residing in India / Pakistan and received HRD (Govt. of Canada) validated Job offer from a company located in the province where they intend to settle.
3. People who were selected from the Federal Skilled Workers Backlog program because of their skills and qualifications.

I think most of us are in category #3. We were selected under the FSW backlog program because of our skills and qualifications. We received Open Work Permits (OWP) to come to Canada while our PR applications were being processed in our respective countries. We cannot be compared to category #1 or #2 because most of us would not have come to Canada if we didn't have our work permits. Most importantly, we certainly would not have come to Canada with our families to settle down if we had any knowledge that we will have to fly back to our respective countries for visa stamping.

I think we need to articulate this point to CIC and CHC. We need to tell them that even though we're provincial nominee's, we need to be treated differently because we were issued work permits to speed up our settlement process. We wouldn't have have come to Canada if we didn't have work permits. In fact our Temporary Resident Visa's are tied to our work permits. The Government of Canada would not have issued us TRV if we didn't have work permits. We didn't get TRV to come here as a tourist.

I hope I've said enough. If you think the above information is making sense, please convey these concerns to CHC and CIC.

- Hooverback

waitinginpak said:
Guys,

I have found a thread where people have send their passports to New Delhi Visa Office for PR Visa stamping purpose while being in Canada.

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pnp-applied-for-pr-from-canada-in-new-delhi-chc-t96795.135.html

Sep 21, 2012
Hi All! I need your constructive suggestion.

CIC (Manila VO) requested for our passports on Jul 16, 2013 and given 30 days to respond. However, it won’t be possible for us to send the passports within the time limit since we are currently abroad and unfortunately we have to stay here until Aug 27, 2013. We can’t send the passports from here since they might not return these before our return date. I have sent several emails to CIC but sadly haven’t heard back.

What do you think my options are? Is there anyone experienced such thing?

Comments will be highly appreciated.

O_Canada

Jan 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waitinginpak said:
Guys,

@waitinginpak
+1 From my side for digging this excellent info from this Forum.

Cheerss!!!

rafiariz

Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
october 2012
AOR Received.
feb 2013
Med's Request
feb 2013
Med's Done....
feb 2013
Passport Req..
august 2013
VISA ISSUED...
sep 2013
Finally London VO is working, got my request for passports for PR application exactly six months after my medical request.

waitinginpak

Aug 7, 2013
rafiariz said:
Finally London VO is working, got my request for passports for PR application exactly six months after my medical request.
Hi rafiariz,

Did u opt for Open Work Permit? Secondly, where are you supposed to send passports, Islamabad or London?

Please clarify!

zain92

Nov 27, 2012
dear
rafiariz.....

very very congratulations.......

1) please share your complete time line and your residential country where you applied from...
2) did they ask you for additional document after first AOR.......

thanks in advance....