+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ontario Express Entry - Received PT Notification of Interest from Ontario

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Canada_dream_2016 said:
My NOC is 2171. Is there any cap on NOC's for Ontario PNP? I have heard some folks are not getting PT even though they have 400+ points. How do I ensure to get a PT with 419 points?

My apologies if my question seems to be very naive....I am new to this forum...!

Appreciate any response...thanks in advance,
Since your CRS score is 400+, you are eligible to receive PT Notification of Interest from OINP (The invite is NOC agnostic). As per the trend that we have seen, you should get an invite within a week or two. In case you don't, I would suggest you to create a new EE profile. This worked for many applicants, they got Ontario PT Notification of Interest for Nomination within a week of creating a new EE profile. In fact, OINP also suggests candidates to do so as per their update dated November 24, 2015 (given below).

"It has come to our attention that technical issues may have resulted in candidates not receiving Notification of Interest (NOI) though they believe they meet the criteria for Ontario’s Express Entry streams. If you believe you fall into this category and have not received an NOI within one month of submitting your EE profile, we encourage you to create a new profile in the EE system. If you create a new EE profile, you must delete your old profile."

You can find the full update here. http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

To know more about OINP check this link http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
Hi everyone,

So I received a message in myCIC stating that the Government of Ontario is considering me for nomination under the Provincial Nominee Program. This is 3 days after I finished my online Express Entry profile.

To make it easier, I will bullet point my questions :D

1) Is this the same as the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream?
2) Do I now need to recreate a new Express Entry profile? And what do I differently this time?
3) Is the next step is now to apply directly to Ontario using the Nominee Application Form?
4) When does the 45 day window begin? From the day I received the notification about consideration of nomination? Does that mean I have to gather all supporting documents within the next 45 days?

Thanks in advance!

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Funkdakarma said:
Hi everyone,

So I received a message in myCIC stating that the Government of Ontario is considering me for nomination under the Provincial Nominee Program. This is 3 days after I finished my online Express Entry profile.

1) Is this the same as the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream? - Yes
2) Do I now need to recreate a new Express Entry profile? And what do I differently this time? - No, you got invite based on your existing Express Entry profile.
3) Is the next step is now to apply directly to Ontario using the Nominee Application Form? - Correct
4) When does the 45 day window begin? From the day I received the notification about consideration of nomination? Does that mean I have to gather all supporting documents within the next 45 days? - Correct

Once you receive PT NOI from Ontario, you need to follow these steps to apply for nomination.
1. Fill up the OINP Nominee Application Form
2. Arrange copies of all documents which evidences your claims in the Express Entry profile (refer to the Application Guide on this page to see the process and list of documents that needs to be submitted http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html)
3. Get a bank draft for CAD 1500
4. Submit all of the above to OINP, MCIIT (details in the Application Guide) within 45 days from the day you received the PT Notification of Interest from Ontario.

Thanks in advance!

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funkdakarma said:
Hi everyone,

1) Is this the same as the Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream?
2) Do I now need to recreate a new Express Entry profile? And what do I differently this time?
3) Is the next step is now to apply directly to Ontario using the Nominee Application Form?
4) When does the 45 day window begin? From the day I received the notification about consideration of nomination? Does that mean I have to gather all supporting documents within the next 45 days?

Thanks in advance!
1) Yes
2) No you need not create your express entry profile again
Your OINP PT is associated with EE profile and you have already got one.
3) That's correct
4) 45 days begin feom receipt of your PT notification. Yes, you have to gather associated douments and send across to OINP for further processing.

Good luck!!

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
ppahuja said:
1) Yes
2) No you need not create your express entry profile again
Your OINP PT is associated with EE profile and you have already got one.
3) That's correct
4) 45 days begin feom receipt of your PT notification. Yes, you have to gather associated douments and send across to OINP for further processing.

Good luck!!
Thanks a lot ppahuja, appreciate your response!

I have pretty much everything in order except for a letter from my current employer. How can I request this from my current employer without signaling the intention that I plan to migrate to Canada soon? How do most people get around it?

zoria

Nov 2, 2015
Hi Everyone,

Ontario have returned my application as I didn't send the fees (I couldn't get a draft sent before due date) and now I have 30 days to send the complete application. Can I send the same application with the fees or do I need to complete a new form. There are no changes to the form.

I will add new bank statements though.

Thanks
Zoria

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
zoria said:
Hi Everyone,

Ontario have returned my application as I didn't send the fees (I couldn't get a draft sent before due date) and now I have 30 days to send the complete application. Can I send the same application with the fees or do I need to complete a new form. There are no changes to the form.

I will add new bank statements though.

Thanks
Zoria
Very sorry. I believe you can use the same application form! When was your application received by them?

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Funkdakarma said:
Thanks a lot ppahuja, appreciate your response!

I have pretty much everything in order except for a letter from my current employer. How can I request this from my current employer without signaling the intention that I plan to migrate to Canada soon? How do most people get around it?
Try if you can get it directly from your HR on company letter head. Otherwise, if you share good camaraderie with your immediate supervisor, he/she should be able to help you sign an affidavit citing your job responsibilities, your tenure with current organization, designation, CTC, contact details etc. Attach his/her business card/employee ID copy to substantiate your claim and cite your inability to procure employment reference letter from your employer in Letter of Explanation (LoE).
Hope this helps!!

Good luck!

Sameer212

Jan 1, 2016
Hi Friends,

I finally received my PT NOI from Ontario last week! I am in the process of gathering the documents.

I have a quick query.

After my ECA from WES, I never received a hard copy of the ECA report. Now a copy of the ECA report needs to be sent along with my application form. Should I get another ECA report (hard copy) from WES and then send a copy of that to Ontario or would a print out of the downloaded online ECA pdf report be sufficient for the purpose as it contains all the necessary information? Is it mandatory that the copy to be sent must be that of the hard copy ECA report?

Can anybody comment how different the online version and the hard copy version of the ECA report are?

Thanks for the help.

Sameer

lilbuds_mom

Feb 9, 2016
Hi Everyone,

So I completed my first myCIC account and EE profile on January 29. Then this first EE profile was withdrawn.
A second myCIC and EE profile was created on February 1. Still no ITA as of the moment. CRS is at 411.
Would you suggest I wait a bit for the ITA or recreate a new EE profile under the second myCIC account? or create another myCIC and EE? Please help!! Thank you!

LM

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Sameer212 said:
Hi Friends,

I finally received my PT NOI from Ontario last week! I am in the process of gathering the documents.

I have a quick query.

After my ECA from WES, I never received a hard copy of the ECA report. - You should get one within a week of completion of your assessment. Did you try tracking your ECA report on WES site? If still you are not able to find it, try writing to WES http://www.wes.org/ca/support/.

Now a copy of the ECA report needs to be sent along with my application form. Should I get another ECA report (hard copy) from WES and then send a copy of that to Ontario or would a print out of the downloaded online ECA pdf report be sufficient for the purpose as it contains all the necessary information? Is it mandatory that the copy to be sent must be that of the hard copy ECA report? - Based on your communication with WES, you can decide whether to order a new physical copy. Print out of the report you received online will not be accepted, I have heard from someone on this forum that the file was returned for this simple reason.

Can anybody comment how different the online version and the hard copy version of the ECA report are? - Regarding the difference, I think it is about a logo not being there for the soft copy, I am not sure, you can look up the same on this forum.

Thanks for the help.

Sameer

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
ppahuja said:
Try if you can get it directly from your HR on company letter head. Otherwise, if you share good camaraderie with your immediate supervisor, he/she should be able to help you sign an affidavit citing your job responsibilities, your tenure with current organization, designation, CTC, contact details etc. Attach his/her business card/employee ID copy to substantiate your claim and cite your inability to procure employment reference letter from your employer in Letter of Explanation (LoE).
Hope this helps!!

Good luck!
Thanks a lot for the advice! I might just ask HR to draft a letter of employment and be vague about the purpose, as I know some people have done in the past.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Funkdakarma said:
Thanks a lot for the advice! I might just ask HR to draft a letter of employment and be vague about the purpose, as I know some people have done in the past.
I rarely know a case where the HR has agreed to issue a letter without knowing the purpose for which the letter is being issued. If you are getting it from HR, also be ready for the fact that they might receive a verification call with regard to your job/work experience. In this regard, it would be wise to let them know in the first place itself. After all, you are not leaving them for a competitor, you are only trying to better your life by immigrating and there is nothing wrong in it. You can assure them that you will be around at least for 6-8 months, and this is what I did.