AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Did anyone receive PT today? They usually send them out on Fridays.

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Hi All,
My question is that
when someone receives a nomination he is awarded with 600 additional points and then get an ITA in next draw. But the additional points totals up with the base points i.e.. if my points are 440 so 440+600 = 1040. So, it means the next draw I am sure to get an ITA and will I get PR for Ontario or the state that has nominated me or for anywhere in Canada?

Sorry for being dumb but this is what is my exact question.

snorden88

Oct 15, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2016
LANDED..........
--/03/2017
karandeepwalia said:
Hi All,
My question is that
when someone receives a nomination he is awarded with 600 additional points and then get an ITA in next draw. But the additional points totals up with the base points i.e.. if my points are 440 so 440+600 = 1040. So, it means the next draw I am sure to get an ITA and will I get PR for Ontario or the state that has nominated me or for anywhere in Canada?

Sorry for being dumb but this is what is my exact question.
Nope not true:

1. You will have to approach Ontario individually after receiving a PT, and after submitting the application and non-refundable $1500 CAD you will wait to receive the nomination. Only, after that you will get 600 points.
2. And then in the next draw you will receive an ITA.
3. You will receive PR for Ontario, as you will be giving them an intent to reside in Ontario only.!
4. If you receive ITA through FSW EE, (as and when the cut-off score falls down) you can settle anywhere in Canada. So thats the basic difference between FSW & OIPNP

May i ask you share some details about ur EE case ? like IELTS score, CRS, NOC, No. of applicants and such
Thanks You :)

aka5h

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snorden88 said:
Nope not true:

1. You will have to approach Ontario individually after receiving a PT, and after submitting the application and non-refundable $1500 CAD you will wait to receive the nomination. Only, after that you will get 600 points.
2. And then in the next draw you will receive an ITA.
3. You will receive PR for Ontario, as you will be giving them an intent to reside in Ontario only.!
4. If you receive ITA through FSW EE, (as and when the cut-off score falls down) you can settle anywhere in Canada. So thats the basic difference between FSW & OIPNP

May i ask you share some details about ur EE case ? like IELTS score, CRS, NOC, No. of applicants and such
Thanks You :)
Uh, NO! Once you get PR from Canadian govt. there is no condition that prevents the person from residing anywhere in Canada, a PR is a PR, it doesn't matter how a person gets the PR. The person does have to establish his intent to reside in Ontario, but once he gets a PR he can reside anywhere in Canada.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aka5h said:
Uh, NO! Once you get PR from Canadian govt. there is no condition that prevents the person from residing anywhere in Canada, a PR is a PR, it doesn't matter how a person gets the PR. The person does have to establish his intent to reside in Ontario, but once he gets a PR he can reside anywhere in Canada.
I'm afraid that not how it works man. snorden88 is right.

Once you receive a nomination from Ontario, you will be eligible for PR only in Ontario for some stipulated number of years (~2-3 years), and only after that you are eligible to move outside Ontario and look for jobs n stuff. :)

ssd

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
01-18-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
Med's Done....
24-12-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
I know there's no logic to it but recreate it on a Tuesday and get an invite on Friday :D :D .. LOL. I did the same :) . No logic. But whatever works, right?
SO that means you delete the old one and re create a new one ?

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
rohitbites said:
I'm afraid that not how it works man. snorden88 is right.

Once you receive a nomination from Ontario, you will be eligible for PR only in Ontario for some stipulated number of years (~2-3 years), and only after that you are eligible to move outside Ontario and look for jobs n stuff. :)
Nope, aka5h is not entirely wrong; there is no restriction imposed on you and the PR as such is for Canada, and Ontario is a province in Canada. With a PR, you have the liberty to settle down and work in any part of Canada. However, Ontario can certainly cancel its nomination if it learns that you are not intending to stay there. And again, it is a question of ethics since the province nominated you - why wouldn't you want to stay and work there for at least a brief while?

Asivad and others who know a lot more about this can pitch in their thoughts - this is an oft debated topic here on this forum.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shashidhar_sm said:
Nope, aka5h is not entirely wrong; there is no restriction imposed on you and the PR as such is for Canada, and Ontario is a province in Canada. With a PR, you have the liberty to settle down and work in any part of Canada. However, Ontario can certainly cancel its nomination if it learns that you are not intending to stay there. And again, it is a question of ethics since the province nominated you - why wouldn't you want to stay and work there for at least a brief while?

Asivad and others who know a lot more about this can pitch in their thoughts - this is an oft debated topic here on this forum.
shashidhar_sm is right. PR is for the country not for the province. Canadian constitution allows PRs to live and work anywhere in Canada. The province cannot hold a PR back in their province even if they nominated that individual though you'll have to show an intent to settle in the province and that includes landing in the intended province. Once you've landed in the province and received your PR card, you're free to pursue employment opportunities anywhere in Canada.

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
Thanks guys for your reply and ASIVAD as always :)

KNinja

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
OINP Nomination 09-02-2016 EAPR- 04-04-2016 Additonal Doc Request- 05-04-2016 Schedule 4 Submitted- 06-04-2016 Medical Passed- 06-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2016
Asivad Anac said:
shashidhar_sm is right. PR is for the country not for the province. Canadian constitution allows PRs to live and work anywhere in Canada. The province cannot hold a PR back in their province even if they nominated that individual though you'll have to show an intent to settle in the province and that includes landing in the intended province. Once you've landed in the province and received your PR card, you're free to pursue employment opportunities anywhere in Canada.
Hii Asivad
I have a doubt regarding the title of 1500 Cad Demand Draft as in the Application Guide it is written that draft has to b issued in favour of Ontario Minister of Finance and in checklist it is written in favour of Minister of Finance Ontario. Even though both of em sound the same. Kindly clear my doubt as i hv got it issued in favour of Ontario Minister of Finance

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KNinja said:
Hii Asivad
I have a doubt regarding the title of 1500 Cad Demand Draft as in the Application Guide it is written that draft has to b issued in favour of Ontario Minister of Finance and in checklist it is written in favour of Minister of Finance Ontario. Even though both of em sound the same. Kindly clear my doubt as i hv got it issued in favour of Ontario Minister of Finance
I imagine that's perfectly fine.

KNinja

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2015
Doc's Request.
OINP Nomination 09-02-2016 EAPR- 04-04-2016 Additonal Doc Request- 05-04-2016 Schedule 4 Submitted- 06-04-2016 Medical Passed- 06-04-2016
Nomination.....
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Passport Req..
21-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2016
Thanks Asivad for being helpful as alwz :)

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone help here with "Ties To Ontario" section,
You are required to declare your intention to reside in Ontario. You can provide a statement of intent stating your reasons to settle in Ontario and demonstrating your ties to Ontario.

I don't have any relatives or friends there, so how to I put up this section?

An examples if possible, thanks?

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mits0829 said:
Can someone help here with "Ties To Ontario" section,
You are required to declare your intention to reside in Ontario. You can provide a statement of intent stating your reasons to settle in Ontario and demonstrating your ties to Ontario.

I don't have any relatives or friends there, so how to I put up this section?

An examples if possible, thanks?
If you don't have any friends or relatives in Ontario, you can explain about the research you've done about the province, mention any jobs that you have applied for in the province, any universities you've applied for. You can also mention the reasons you want to settle there.
The aim of this letter is to establish your intention to settle there. You will not be penalized for not having any ties to Ontario.

reet10

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hi Everyone,

My friend received Ontario invite letter yesterday. He is from India and got 432 points. He got no relatives in Ontario/Canada.
My query is as per Application Guide for Ontario Human Capital Priorities Stream, one must score 67 points. But my friend got only 61 points as per the grid mentioned in that document. So, he should apply to Ontario or not.
And why Ontario send him the invite letter in first place if it is mandatory to score 67 points, when all the details are mentioned already in the profile correctly by the candidate.

It's very confusing. ???